Page 6 of 41 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 120 of 802
  1. #101
    Obscure Node Barrow's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    13
    Quote Originally Posted by Nim.Was.Taken View Post
    Had fun last night with JimTheDog and Keifer Sutherland, Operator and WhatsHerFace. We visited castles. We raided army camps. Keifer is a stone cold killer. Jim missed a cow like, six times. Operator hates me. WhatsHerFace did very well for her first time. We didn't die, which was kinda disappointing.
    Shame it was so late/freezing cold. Half-awake gear-crazed mentality aside (gotta get dem MP5SDz), would have loved to run with you all; glad to hear you all met up in the end though.

  2. #102
    Network Hub
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    260
    Another good day with the RPS crew. :3

    Been toting around an M16 with a grenade launcher all day - just me, or the sights wonky?

    Also, Berezino Crew. Was that hospital run across the server restart the worst thing, or the worst thing? Oh well. At least we found military tents... (... Eventually.)

  3. #103
    Quote Originally Posted by JimTheDog View Post
    Another good day with the RPS crew. :3

    Been toting around an M16 with a grenade launcher all day - just me, or the sights wonky?

    Also, Berezino Crew. Was that hospital run across the server restart the worst thing, or the worst thing? Oh well. At least we found military tents... (... Eventually.)
    Jim gives the best directions ever. It's like he's a laser guidance system or something.

    Also I killed a cow with 2 shots. I win.

  4. #104
    Activated Node
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    46
    Hey Jim, after all that faffing around last night I finally worked out I was in Solnichniy which was further south than I thought. Anyway, have a new character who respawned there. Hopefully I will meet up with the RPS collective at some point - will keep a close eye on the online map from now on.

  5. #105
    Activated Node tjv's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Schottland
    Posts
    74
    I really starting hooking up with you guys here. Starting to feel limits in the solo action.

  6. #106
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Wonderstuff View Post
    Hey Jim, after all that faffing around last night I finally worked out I was in Solnichniy which was further south than I thought. Anyway, have a new character who respawned there. Hopefully I will meet up with the RPS collective at some point - will keep a close eye on the online map from now on.
    Wonderbread was a proud man. He died with quiet dignity in Berezino. He will be remembered.

  7. #107
    Activated Node
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    46
    Aw thanks. I was quite proud of my accomplishment of having survived 5 days. It was my fault really I shot at a zombie who was hurltling towards me (when I should have led him away and shot him without provoking attention). In the end I downed 10 zombies even with broken legs - it was quite dramatic really, just needed an orchestra ;-)

  8. #108
    Obscure Node Rig's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    15
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Wonderstuff View Post
    Aw thanks. I was quite proud of my accomplishment of having survived 5 days. It was my fault really I shot at a zombie who was hurltling towards me (when I should have led him away and shot him without provoking attention). In the end I downed 10 zombies even with broken legs - it was quite dramatic really, just needed an orchestra ;-)
    And then I looted your corpse. :D

  9. #109
    Activated Node
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    42
    The server has randomly dumped me back to the shoreline. I mention this in the vain hope than my comrades will get to my quite probable corpse in the very likely event of my death.

  10. #110
    Activated Node
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    85
    Is the mumble server down?

  11. #111
    Lesser Hivemind Node Nullkigan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    729
    Nope, working fine.
    Mumble :: Thread :: Click to Join

  12. #112
    Obscure Node Rig's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    15
    I'm currently hiding by the North Barracks in the NW Airfield with a bunch of MD5SD rounds if anyone wants them later.

  13. #113
    Network Hub
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    260
    Best thing. Sitting in a tower at the airstrip, one of the illumination towers, right? So I stand up. By pressing V. And promptly vault over the railing and plummet to my DOOM.

    Oh, misery.

  14. #114
    Quote Originally Posted by JimTheDog View Post
    Best thing. Sitting in a tower at the airstrip, one of the illumination towers, right? So I stand up. By pressing V. And promptly vault over the railing and plummet to my DOOM.

    Oh, misery.
    After I vaulted off the roof of a hospital I set vault to Vx2.

    In an unrelated story I have 4 clips of STANAG that I'm not using.

    The other day the group of RPSers I was with had eyes on a group of survivors in Novy. I mention this because we subsequently ignored them and continued on to the NW airbase. If I'm going to be honest, I found this annoying. What makes this game really interesting is interaction with the other players. I'm not a giant bandit; when I play solo I have a catch and release policy for people who aren't a direct threat to me. But I was playing with you guys. We could have taken them, or died trying. But instead we sneaked around to a couple deer-stands that had shit-all for loot in them instead. How terribly exciting.

  15. #115
    Activated Node
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    40
    I like how as you play you realise that zombies are not the real threat, but other players are the real threat. Then after a bit more playing you realise that players are not the real threat, but ladders and railings are the real threat.

  16. #116
    Activated Node
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    42
    @Nim, I think you're just a little further up the curve that this game induces in people than the rest of the RPS crew. Eventually we'll all get bored of "just surviving" and we'll start going around, ahem, making things happen. I'm probably still happy with the scrabbling around stage, but I am getting slowly bored with my policy of non-violence.

  17. #117
    Network Hub purdz's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    165
    snipes again, using three different names it seems for mumble, here and in game.

    Anyways, nearly had a RPS on RPS friendly fire incident last night with one group of us raiding the tents in stary while another group in another mumble channel watched on from the hillside.

    Luckily they thought to check before they opened fire on us but it could have got very messy indeed and i fear the group of us raiding the tents would have come off a LOT worse.

    Lot of fun last night, the highlight had to be bobbeh and caput falling from the top of castle zub..

    Did any of those group screenshots work Rig?

  18. #118
    Quote Originally Posted by purdz View Post
    it could have got very messy indeed and i fear the group of us raiding the tents would have come off a LOT worse.
    Strange how bad things tend to happen when I'm leading a group...


    I'm not sure we would have come off a lot worse though, I've watched survivors from about where that group was sitting. A shot over that distance is not a sure thing... And we had more guns. =c)

    (On the other hand, I've also had personal experience with Rig's CZ550, and it isn't something I'd like to repeat.)

  19. #119
    Activated Node
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    85
    Meeting up with you guys was cool last night. My overlay was not working so I don't really know who I was playing with. First time I have ever had some actual good gear in this game.

  20. #120
    Obscure Node Rig's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    15
    Quote Originally Posted by purdz View Post
    Did any of those group screenshots work Rig?
    No - it screenshotted my desktop instead of the game. :(

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •