Page 6 of 41 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Nim.Was.Taken View Post
    Had fun last night with JimTheDog and Keifer Sutherland, Operator and WhatsHerFace. We visited castles. We raided army camps. Keifer is a stone cold killer. Jim missed a cow like, six times. Operator hates me. WhatsHerFace did very well for her first time. We didn't die, which was kinda disappointing.
    Shame it was so late/freezing cold. Half-awake gear-crazed mentality aside (gotta get dem MP5SDz), would have loved to run with you all; glad to hear you all met up in the end though.

Network Hub
    Another good day with the RPS crew. :3

Been toting around an M16 with a grenade launcher all day - just me, or the sights wonky?

Also, Berezino Crew. Was that hospital run across the server restart the worst thing, or the worst thing? Oh well. At least we found military tents... (... Eventually.)

Quote Originally Posted by JimTheDog View Post
    Another good day with the RPS crew. :3

Been toting around an M16 with a grenade launcher all day - just me, or the sights wonky?

Also, Berezino Crew. Was that hospital run across the server restart the worst thing, or the worst thing? Oh well. At least we found military tents... (... Eventually.)
    Jim gives the best directions ever. It's like he's a laser guidance system or something.

Also I killed a cow with 2 shots. I win.

Activated Node
    Hey Jim, after all that faffing around last night I finally worked out I was in Solnichniy which was further south than I thought. Anyway, have a new character who respawned there. Hopefully I will meet up with the RPS collective at some point - will keep a close eye on the online map from now on.

I really starting hooking up with you guys here. Starting to feel limits in the solo action.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Wonderstuff View Post
    Hey Jim, after all that faffing around last night I finally worked out I was in Solnichniy which was further south than I thought. Anyway, have a new character who respawned there. Hopefully I will meet up with the RPS collective at some point - will keep a close eye on the online map from now on.
    Wonderbread was a proud man. He died with quiet dignity in Berezino. He will be remembered.

Activated Node
    Aw thanks. I was quite proud of my accomplishment of having survived 5 days. It was my fault really I shot at a zombie who was hurltling towards me (when I should have led him away and shot him without provoking attention). In the end I downed 10 zombies even with broken legs - it was quite dramatic really, just needed an orchestra ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Wonderstuff View Post
    Aw thanks. I was quite proud of my accomplishment of having survived 5 days. It was my fault really I shot at a zombie who was hurltling towards me (when I should have led him away and shot him without provoking attention). In the end I downed 10 zombies even with broken legs - it was quite dramatic really, just needed an orchestra ;-)
    And then I looted your corpse. :D

Activated Node
    The server has randomly dumped me back to the shoreline. I mention this in the vain hope than my comrades will get to my quite probable corpse in the very likely event of my death.

Activated Node
    Is the mumble server down?

Nope, working fine.
    Mumble :: Thread :: Click to Join

I'm currently hiding by the North Barracks in the NW Airfield with a bunch of MD5SD rounds if anyone wants them later.

Network Hub
    Best thing. Sitting in a tower at the airstrip, one of the illumination towers, right? So I stand up. By pressing V. And promptly vault over the railing and plummet to my DOOM.

Oh, misery.

Quote Originally Posted by JimTheDog View Post
    Best thing. Sitting in a tower at the airstrip, one of the illumination towers, right? So I stand up. By pressing V. And promptly vault over the railing and plummet to my DOOM.

Oh, misery.
    After I vaulted off the roof of a hospital I set vault to Vx2.

In an unrelated story I have 4 clips of STANAG that I'm not using.

The other day the group of RPSers I was with had eyes on a group of survivors in Novy. I mention this because we subsequently ignored them and continued on to the NW airbase. If I'm going to be honest, I found this annoying. What makes this game really interesting is interaction with the other players. I'm not a giant bandit; when I play solo I have a catch and release policy for people who aren't a direct threat to me. But I was playing with you guys. We could have taken them, or died trying. But instead we sneaked around to a couple deer-stands that had shit-all for loot in them instead. How terribly exciting.

Activated Node
    I like how as you play you realise that zombies are not the real threat, but other players are the real threat. Then after a bit more playing you realise that players are not the real threat, but ladders and railings are the real threat.

Activated Node
    @Nim, I think you're just a little further up the curve that this game induces in people than the rest of the RPS crew. Eventually we'll all get bored of "just surviving" and we'll start going around, ahem, making things happen. I'm probably still happy with the scrabbling around stage, but I am getting slowly bored with my policy of non-violence.

snipes again, using three different names it seems for mumble, here and in game.

Anyways, nearly had a RPS on RPS friendly fire incident last night with one group of us raiding the tents in stary while another group in another mumble channel watched on from the hillside.

Luckily they thought to check before they opened fire on us but it could have got very messy indeed and i fear the group of us raiding the tents would have come off a LOT worse.

Lot of fun last night, the highlight had to be bobbeh and caput falling from the top of castle zub..

Did any of those group screenshots work Rig?

Quote Originally Posted by purdz View Post
    it could have got very messy indeed and i fear the group of us raiding the tents would have come off a LOT worse.
    Strange how bad things tend to happen when I'm leading a group...

I'm not sure we would have come off a lot worse though, I've watched survivors from about where that group was sitting. A shot over that distance is not a sure thing... And we had more guns. =c)

(On the other hand, I've also had personal experience with Rig's CZ550, and it isn't something I'd like to repeat.)

Activated Node
    Meeting up with you guys was cool last night. My overlay was not working so I don't really know who I was playing with. First time I have ever had some actual good gear in this game.

Quote Originally Posted by purdz View Post
    Did any of those group screenshots work Rig?
    No - it screenshotted my desktop instead of the game. :(