Page 7 of 41 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
    What happened to the screen shots from last weekend? The night of the BBQ?

Personally I am avoiding shooting people until the bandit morphing thing has been removed. To be honest I tend to play very sneakily, I very rarely see someone (who isn't RPS) and if I do I just lurk until they have moved on. I have started to frequent areas with more high value loot so perhaps that will chance.

Activated Node
    Quote Originally Posted by JimTheDog View Post
    Another good day with the RPS crew. :3

Been toting around an M16 with a grenade launcher all day - just me, or the sights wonky?

Also, Berezino Crew. Was that hospital run across the server restart the worst thing, or the worst thing? Oh well. At least we found military tents... (... Eventually.)
    The iron sights on the m16 are horrible in Arma2, they hit well up from where you'd expect. Suppose it don't matter hugely in DayZ, but whenever Im apportioned one in a regular game I ditch it asap

Quote Originally Posted by Nim.Was.Taken View Post
    The other day the group of RPSers I was with had eyes on a group of survivors in Novy. I mention this because we subsequently ignored them and continued on to the NW airbase. If I'm going to be honest, I found this annoying. What makes this game really interesting is interaction with the other players. I'm not a giant bandit; when I play solo I have a catch and release policy for people who aren't a direct threat to me. But I was playing with you guys. We could have taken them, or died trying. But instead we sneaked around to a couple deer-stands that had shit-all for loot in them instead. How terribly exciting.
    I was there. I agree that we could have taken them though I don't know if they had much worth taking as they were looting residential buildings. I'm also kind of against just attacking people with little provocation, I'd rather find an organised squad with good equipment to go up against or take on a group of dedicated bandits just for a bit more challenge. I feel a bit guilty at the thought of wiping out a small group of desperate survivors who have made it away from the coast for the first time. Feel like we need some rules of engagement or something, killing newbies is no sport really, unless I am out of food and really need some beans I suppose.

Next time I will definitely be up for ghosting some players for a bit and taking them out if it looks profitable. You are right about those dear stands we checked, they had really crap loot.

Quote Originally Posted by palindrome View Post
    What happened to the screen shots from last weekend? The night of the BBQ?
    I had posted them back on page 4. Here they are again.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/oggvorb...02236115074651
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/oggvorb...02236115070182
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/oggvorb...02236115061871

Good run tonight, guys. Here's that picture I took by Stary. Nine of us this time, a new record.

eyyyy thats me to the right of the bandit.

Yeah a pretty successful evening considering I'd had to start again after logging in surrounded by a group of bandits who instantly shot me. Needs to get me an M4 though those things look awesome.

Pretty tense moments when we met up in Stary though. We were definitely in a stand off situation with that other group on the hill, though i think your group had them fairly well surrounded and contained. Woulda been interesting to see that fight.

If they had opened fire they we would have killed them, they had no idea that we were behind them. I'm second from the right with the Kobra BTW :)

Activated Node
    Is there a particular room I should join in Mumble? The DayZ seems to be split into nondescript sections.

Which ever has the most people in it. There are no specific rooms.

Activated Node
    Good times today joyriding with the RPS crowd in a military jeep - albeit a bit of a gas guzzler. Buggy server aside it was a fun time - thanks to all. This game immersive qualities are phenomenal. Love it.

Activated Node
    I took some pictures from our motorised tour of Chernarus.

Sarlac, our driver. Sarlac provided the expert driving, and heroically saved the UAZ while under fire from a bandit attack at the airfield.

RPS Safari Tours. Look out the windows, shoot cows and bandits.

Driving the bus. On the way to the chosen RPS base camp site, we found a bus. And it was in working condition, with fuel. I jumped in to drive it to the camp.

RPS Base camp. A bus for shelter and storage, and a truck for transporting people and goods.

Where be camp

It would be best if you asked on mumble.

Protip: Do not throw a grenade when you intend to shoot your pistol.

Activated Node
    Sarlac, Nim, tiddles, and myself were driving across to Polana. We were loaded up with parts to repair a helicopter that was at the gas station north of the town. As we drove up to the treeline, one lone guy with a winchester came out of the trees and opened fire, killing us all in seconds.

Presumably he also took the car—so keep an eye out for a yellow UAZ driving around on that server.

Well, balls.

It really sucks that you can't fire from the car. I think a good option, if we had enough people, would be to have a few scouts run ahead of the car and give an all-clear when applicable. The car is great for fast transport, but you're extremely vulnerable when driving. A slower pace would be a good trade-off for increased chances of survival.

I think you have to give it full beans when you drive around to minimize the chance of you getting shot, and if I would need to stop then I guess I would jump out of the car and hide some meters from it. Heh... there is always somebody lurking in cherno :D

Obscure Node
    so guys, looking to find a group of adventurers, longtime lurker here, finally decided to pop up and say hi, i usually play on the UK servers if i can, where y'all hanging out?

Join the RPS Mumble and hop on one of the populated DayZ channels for awesome.

SO! I was hiding in the North Barracks with the door closed, waiting for loot to spawn. Ten minutes of nothing later, the front door opens up. Two people enter and I killed both of them. Man, they were loaded. I got an M104, GPS, Coyote Backpack, pretty much everything except NVGs.

I never want to log in again, now that I have all this stuff. I'm currently hiding at the very north end of the airfield.

Obscure Node
    hmm, some servers are 1.60.9 but it says im running 1.6, whats going on Oo

Well, balls. I went into the north barracks on another server and someone was waiting there and they killed ME.

Irony?

Man, I'm mad. I had almost everything I wanted. :(
    Last edited by Rig; 27-05-2012 at 08:12 PM.