Page 10 of 41 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast
Results 181 to 200 of 802
  1. #181
    Obscure Node Rig's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    16
    The 1.7 patch is great. No more Waiting For Server Response Simulator 2012.

  2. #182
    Activated Node Sarlac's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    64
    That's good news indeed! Only 9 hours of work to go and I'll see for myself...

  3. #183
    Obscure Node
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    District of Columbia
    Posts
    10
    Rad that we both survived the airfield (albeit barely). That's my first time making out of there alive.

  4. #184
    Activated Node
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    63
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Wonderstuff View Post
    Pop into a sub-channel such as Aaaarrgh and you should see a number of people. Normally players jump into sub channels in order to co-ordinate their immediate groups actions (imagine having everyone on one big channel - what a nightmare). Don't be afraid we won't bite (or shoot...actually scrap that as accidental deaths do happen). Just hop in and have fun. Also many of us are in the UK so we normally operate between 6pm-11pm GMT.
    That was what I meant by sub-groups. there's be a single person in AAArgh or whatever, none in most of the others, and one lone person in a different sub channel.

    I suppose it's the timezone difference. I generally play from 11pm to 6 am (not continuously), which would be something like 4 am to eleven in England, I think? I guess this won't work out, unless more non-UK people join up. Bummer.

  5. #185
    Look what I found.
    arma2oa 2012-05-30 09-08-31-01.jpg
    I'll just poke into the factory and look for some parts...
    arma2oa 2012-05-30 09-09-11-75.jpg
    Factory 1km north of Dolina, FI 1.

  6. #186
    Obscure Node
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    New Jersey, United States
    Posts
    1
    Are we all updating to 1.7? I had some great fun yesterday, and will definitely join you again soon! I will mostly be on during the weekends, since I get really busy during the week.

  7. #187
    Activated Node
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    46
    @Nim what is it with the barbed wire...is that something players are doing just piss off everyone else?

    @SnowLeopardJB I have updated not sure if it's compatible with servers running 1.6.

  8. #188
    Obscure Node
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    5
    @thebigJ_A I am also in the US Eastern time zone and play around those times. Been looking for a group (or even one other person) to play with. Great game but I've only found one person who didn't try to kill me on sight so far. Too bad since I really just want to help. Haha.

    I'm definitely going to install Mumble and see if I can get in a game with some RPSers. Seem like stand-up guys (and girls) all around.

    Edit: Oh yeah... my name in the game is Oklahoma Jones.

  9. #189
    1.7 seems to be broken for me, I can't seem to connect to servers. All I get is a seemingly infinite loading screen that I need to kill with task manager.

  10. #190
    Obscure Node
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    3
    Hey, anyone have a toolkit for trade? I'm on the east coast, near Solnichniy. I have some blood packs, and a few smoke grenades.

  11. #191
    Activated Node
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    47
    Solnichniy has a lot of industrial spawns in it. I would think it'd be a good place to find a toolbox.

  12. #192
    Activated Node
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    63
    Quote Originally Posted by karmakgb View Post
    @thebigJ_A I am also in the US Eastern time zone and play around those times. Been looking for a group (or even one other person) to play with. Great game but I've only found one person who didn't try to kill me on sight so far. Too bad since I really just want to help. Haha.

    I'm definitely going to install Mumble and see if I can get in a game with some RPSers. Seem like stand-up guys (and girls) all around.

    Edit: Oh yeah... my name in the game is Oklahoma Jones.
    Hey, man! I'm Joe in-game. Yup, just "Joe". I've been playing on Virginia 13 a bunch, because it's day during rl night, the guy running the server plays a lot and communicates with us, there's a goodly number of friendly players, and tents are relatively stable there. Unfortunately there aren't any vehicles on that particular server yet, which is true for many I'm told. And it's a beta server, meaning you need the latest Arma II beta patch (which I recommend, though it takes some work getting it to run with Steam, because it's going to be mandatory soon anyway and it fixes a lot).

    I bounce around a lot, though, so any server works for me so long as it's day. We should try meeting up. And hopefully you aren't a meta-gaming bandit laying a trap for me. ;)

  13. #193
    Activated Node
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    63
    Quote Originally Posted by palindrome View Post
    1.7 seems to be broken for me, I can't seem to connect to servers. All I get is a seemingly infinite loading screen that I need to kill with task manager.
    Most servers aren't running 1.7 yet, as it's not fully released. On top of that, each server has to be updated to it manually. Most haven't gotten it in order to do so.

  14. #194
    Quote Originally Posted by thebigJ_A View Post
    Most servers aren't running 1.7 yet, as it's not fully released. On top of that, each server has to be updated to it manually. Most haven't gotten it in order to do so.
    Quite a few had updated yesterday, I can still join 1.6.0.1 servers but when I join the game I basically get get kicked off.

  15. #195
    Obscure Node
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    20
    Hey guys,
    1.7 is quicker but still seems to have a few problems at the moment. Backpacks aren't spawning and loads of us got dumped back at the coast for no reason yesterday. Funnily enough loads of people spawning near to each other with decent gear didn't work out well for everyone, me included :(.

  16. #196
    Activated Node
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    46
    Quote Originally Posted by palindrome View Post
    Quite a few had updated yesterday, I can still join 1.6.0.1 servers but when I join the game I basically get get kicked off.
    Daft question and I know you have done this. But have you replaced both files for 1.7 supplied? I made a rather daft mistake of replacing just the PBO file and was getting kicked. Then realised there was another, cos I am blond and bit daft.

  17. #197
    Activated Node
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    63
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobbeh View Post
    Hey guys,
    1.7 is quicker but still seems to have a few problems at the moment. Backpacks aren't spawning and loads of us got dumped back at the coast for no reason yesterday. Funnily enough loads of people spawning near to each other with decent gear didn't work out well for everyone, me included :(.
    People got dumped back to the coast even on the servers that weren't given 1.7

  18. #198
    Obscure Node
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by palindrome View Post
    Quite a few had updated yesterday, I can still join 1.6.0.1 servers but when I join the game I basically get get kicked off.
    Not sure but I think 1.7 requires you to run the ARMA II beta patch (http://www.arma2.com/beta-patch.php).

    Could be wrong though!

    Saying all that, I just rolled back to 1.6.0.1 since no loot and spawning at the sea was getting annoying.
    Last edited by GTaff; 31-05-2012 at 01:54 PM.

  19. #199
    Obscure Node
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    5
    Unfortunately (fortunately?), I'm just not that evil. Just a regular "Joe" who wants to get out of the forest and into some real co-op action. Next time I'm likely to play is Friday but I'll get on Mumble and see if I can track you down! You running 1.7 or 1.6.0.1? Not sure if I should roll back or not.

  20. #200
    Quote Originally Posted by purdz View Post
    Unless you come across Bobbeh, he shoots people for the fun of it under the guise of an accident, don't trust him.
    True story.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •