Page 37 of 41 FirstFirst ... 273536373839 ... LastLast
    Obscure Node
    Fuck the ukhardcore server the admins are corrupt as fuck.Another chopper stolen and camp raided while most players apart from ukhc guys couldn't get in.

Haha :D well if you all find a better private server (with that whitelisting thing, it seems that hackers don't want to go trough the trouble of doing it), then let us know, because I want to play with you guys sometime.

Obscure Node
    Fuck UKHardcore. Just spawned on the island. Saw the chopper. Was about to get in it. Server restarts, then when it comes back up there is someone behind me with enfield and just shoots me. FUCK THAT SERVER! I checked the entire area, there was no one else on island before restart and all the same players were in the server before and after restart, including 3 UKHC clan members. Admins are power abusing fuckers!

Obscure Node
    Ok guys, seeing as we're having so much trouble with other private hives, I propose a motion to become admins ourselves and rent out our own private hive. The cheapest option costs 30 pounds (or 37 euros) a month. This would allow us to have a private hive with a server with 30 slots. I've asked some players on our mumble chat and they are happy to contribute three pounds each towards the server. If you are part of the rps crew, please donate 3 pounds for the cause. Any money that goes over the minimal requirement of 30 pounds will go to either feed the next month's rent, or to increase the number of slots on the server, depending on what's preferred.

If you'd like to donate, and be a part of this new server, please either pm me for my paypal details or ask me on mumble. Needless to say that anyone who contributes will have equal admin rights and will get to take part in the decision making re: the new server.

UPDATE: 5/10 donated. Halfway there.
    Last edited by Kafka; 23-10-2012 at 02:08 PM.

Obscure Node
    That's a great idea Kafka!
    I was thinking of hosting a server back in the days when we were only playing on the general servers. But was quite high requirements and my lil home-server wasnt good enuff.

Renting a server sounds like a better plan for sure! If anything very minor needs to be hosted, I might be able to assist.
    I'd happily contribute with donations aswell. Rather new to the rps-crew but I hope I'm included ^^

And btw, right now I think we're playing at MyDayZ (if we havnt switched again)
    Last edited by Mag; 22-10-2012 at 06:38 PM.

Sounds great, definitely up for this.

We should maybe speak to the RPS guys too about getting some server promotion/feature articles like we planned for the last server too.

Obscure Node
    Thanks for the donations purdz and hippo, we're getting there!

how many donations short are we?

Obscure Node
    We're halfway there, but a few people who haven't donated yet, said they would tonight or tomorrow.

Obscure Node

I tried to cut together the recordings of yesterdays endeavour (hope that's the right word, got a lil unsure when I read it)
    My voice seems to be left out tho, well well.

Obscure Node
    And btw, I found a pretty decent chart for zeroing and measuring with mil dots. Seems to be accurate aswell, so I uploaded it here for now:
    http://ivehult.se/dayz/mildotchart.jpg

Obscure Node
    The chopper is at 043:024. Server #5. Bring main rotary and fuel. That is all.

Obscure Node
    What server are you guys currently playing on?

Obscure Node
    @ Rock Paper Zombie. We hired our own server, Kafka made a post about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kafka View Post
    People on Mumble have put some money together and we are renting a Private Hive DayZ server. It will soon have whitelisting implemented and we'll update the details then. For now, everyone is welcome to join. Search for Rock Paper Zombie and say hi on Mumble. If there are any server issues, please post them here.
    (source= http://tinyurl.com/bowvaw9 )

Obscure Node
    Heh, last night on Rock Paper Zombie reminded me of one of Frankies latest episodes:

Last edited by Mag; 26-10-2012 at 08:18 AM.

Lesser Hivemind Node sketchseven's Avatar
    Are any of the RPS lot still playing DayZ? I swore I'd stay out of Chernarus until the standalone was released but I'm getting the itch for some more of that DayZ play experience I remember so well.

Activated Node
    The Rock Paper Zombie server was retired a couple of weeks ago so you've kind of missed the boat sketch. Which is a shame because it was pretty good at its peak.

Some of us play wasteland occasionally if that interests you at all?

Quote Originally Posted by trumpet View Post
    The Rock Paper Zombie server was retired a couple of weeks ago so you've kind of missed the boat sketch. Which is a shame because it was pretty good at its peak.

Some of us play wasteland occasionally if that interests you at all?
    Oh well - I got to have some good times in Chernarus with the DayZ lot before I swore it all off (one too many hackers). I've heard of Wasteland but never tried it.

Only a couple of months (hopefully!) until DayZ Standalone starts to open itself up so not too long to wait.

Yeah the RPZ server is in hibernation pending standalone for the moment, we ran it for a fair while but admins and players were migrating away and I had a lot of work on so couldn't dedicate the time anymore to it. It's all good though was a great server while it lasted.

Bobbeh, Nazer and I are currently playing DayZ origins Sketch. You're welcome to play with us, good laugh and a bit harder to gear up. Gimme a shout on Steam sometime soon and i'll give you the details.

Cool I'll give you a nudge on Steam next time I see you online :)