Page 38 of 41 FirstFirst ... 283637383940 ... LastLast
    Ok so I know it's early alpha build but im slightly worried by the latest footage they showed.

The zombie animations look awful again, they still run at a million miles an hour the player animations looks forced and a bit crap.
    The collision detection looks just as bad so I'm expecting zombies to knock you through walls again and for them to be able to hit you through walls too.
    The gear system looks even less useful than the previous one, how many times did he try to drag certain things only for them to snap back to their origin.
    The whole world looks a lot more 'plasticy'
    The first thing a server needs to do is disable that stupid crosshair

:(

As i say I'm sure it will improve with time and that they have probably been focusing on the level design and the client server architecture rather than the animations and hit detection but they really were massive massive problems with the mod so they have to be high priority surely?

No vehicles for release is fine as long as it doesn't take them another year to get them going when a mod of the dayz mod has vehicles running just how they want them to already.

Time will tell.

Lesser Hivemind Node sketchseven's Avatar
    The running animations look like they've crowbarred in the old running animation onto the new skeleton - no way that's final. Also, alpha is alpha, beta is beta.

Obscure Node
    HI !!

My name is Mikael , I'm french, i speak french and a little english and i search a funny guy for play at videogames ARMA2 : arrowhead DAYZ mod or (Planet side 2 Flight simulator X .... )

So if you want play with a french guy, send me a mail to mkasta@hotmail.fr or add my skype : mkasta

Thanks you !!

Bye !!
    Last edited by Mikamif84; 12-06-2013 at 11:20 PM.

Is anyone still playing?

I haven't gone near it in nearly a year now due to playing it far too much and the rampant hacking and while I was waiting for the stand alone it is taking so long that I wouldn't mind poking around in the Chernarus woods.

I checked into Chernarus again recently, and then quickly remembered how horrible and clunky ARMAII was and uninstalled. The mod has moved on quite a bit from where it was, but I'm still waiting eagerly for standalone, and will definitely be up for running with the RPS crew again :)

I logged in myself earlier today and found the server that I was on infested by voice spamming Russians. At least you start with a compass now.

Network Hub

Obscure Node
    After reading the comments on the ARMA 3 DayZ mod, the fairly reasonable complaints about the nature of PvP, and the absolutely horrific prevalence of spammy gits and hackers - I just wanted to post about my own experience.

There is a solution! I've found it in the Origin mod (you can get it straight from DayZ Commander).

A few buddies and I play on the DayOfSalvation server (you can filter for it by using that title, and I'll say now I have NO link to it - it's not my server, I don't pay for it, this isn't a cheeky self-promotion) and... there are so many heroes. So many ask-first players. There are still bandits, you can still die easily - but there is BALANCE, and possibly even more importantly - I've yet to experience a single hacker.

The admins are very active, incredibly friendly (I got a helicopter lift just for asking nicely) and will spend their time actively helping you out if you're a nice person. I had an admin fly all the way to my broke-ass Land Titanic just to drop me off some tyres since he was in the area and didn't need them.

It's possible - these servers DO exist, and I've found Origin, due to the nature of the clans, base-building, co-operative nature of the set-up, contains a lot more of this sort of gameplay than vanilla. If anyone from here wants to come join in, please do - we've a skype group for those that play and the server itself has a teamspeak that the admins/heroes tend to be pretty regularly on.

This post'll probably come across like I'm a secret advert for one server and one game-mod-of-a-mod, but meh - I've DayZ'd on and off for a long time, and this is by far the best experience I've had with it. If anyone wants to join our band of ineffectual die-a-lots, you're very welcome. Who knows, we might even build a house on the beach.
    Last edited by Reverend; 30-07-2013 at 12:38 AM.

Activated Node
    DayZ Standalone creeps ever closer. Looks pretty good too, in my opinion.

Here's some footage from the latest stream, showing night time, new lighting, and a massive new slice of Cherno.

http://www.twitch.tv/rocket2guns/b/487181967

Don't know who's planning on coming back when Standalone finally hits but would be nice to get the DayZ experience without some of the bugs and hackers. Plus lots of new clothing options! What will the Ugandan uniform be, I wonder?

I will definitely be coming back for standalone, if for no other reason than to play a very different kind of game to the vast majority of what's out there. I think some form of identity marking makes sense.

Also, there's this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DLnVN...ature=youtu.be

... the sheer panic that descends when they realise they're being ambushed is hilarious. Pure DayZ :D

Activated Node
    The alpha is out now on Steam Early Access http://store.steampowered.com/app/221100/

At $20, I would have been all over it. At $30? I'll need to see a lot more before I pay that much for an alpha.

It's 20 in the UK, and that's a price that gets you the rest of the game. I was always going to be in at this point.

I have yet to download it, and pretty much all of the marketing for it runs along the lines of ALPHA ALPHA ALPHA

Activated Node
    Yeah, I'll probably talk myself into it pretty soon. Watching some streams now.

Played a bit with a few of the old RPZ guys tonight, its promising! Only played some night time stuff.

The character hunger and thirst stuff drives you mad though, within 5 seconds of having a drink that "quenched your thirst".... "I feel thirsty".

Spawned at Balota found some clothing and a backpack and a m4 with no ammo, managed to get a clip in the control tower freaked out and murdered someone as they jumped me outside of the tower flashing a torch at me. Quick m4 shot to the chest stopped that, guess what? COMBAT LOGGED!

Was rocking a gas mask with a set of aviators while wearing a rain coat and a tactical vest. Looked odd but no doubt menacing :D

Interested to check into Chernarus later on today - I mean, it's clearly very alpha at the moment, and the roadmap for the game predicts about a year to get to beta.

So we'll see. I'm happy paying cash now to support development, mess around in the alpha for a while.

Fun times ahead ... along with pure adrenaline filled combat.

Activated Node
    Hey gents...been a while. Watching the Eurogamer stream at the moment and it brings back fond memories. May pick up the alpha.

/me waves at Wonderstuff

Sup, guys. Hope to run with you all again in the Alpha. :D

Give me a poke on Steam - Friend's List is kind of the best way of getting onto the same server with people.