Page 40 of 41 FirstFirst ... 3038394041 LastLast
    Activated Node
    Amazing, I thought everyone would have forgotten about the ULF. I don't think I'll play until it's at least in beta but damn it's good to see people are still playing.

Is there much in the way of RPS DayZ action at the moment?

I'm currently in the suburbs of Berenzino heading towards the wrecked ship as thats apparently a good place to get rare loot (plus its new).

Activated Node
    Quote Originally Posted by palindrome View Post
    Is there much in the way of RPS DayZ action at the moment?

I'm currently in the suburbs of Berenzino heading towards the wrecked ship as thats apparently a good place to get rare loot (plus its new).
    Well I am east of Zeleno so a little far from you...I was shot in the shipwreck...be careful. As for RPS action...I think its worth checking the mumble server - I have forgotten the password/username details :-( If someone can furnish this forum thread with it that would be nice.

Lesser Hivemind Node sketchseven's Avatar
    I'll be Bootcamping the Mac again sometime this week, hope to get back on with you guys sometime soon.

ULF back in action? I'm still sarlac on steam, add me. I'd love to get back into this with you guys!

Funnily enough the last time we played we were actually talking about you Sarlac :) all good I promise! We had some good times on that (I was snipes).

There is sporadic DayZ being played so ill add you on steam, hopefully we'll be playing a little bit more as the standalone gathers pace to beta.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Wonderstuff View Post
    Well I am east of Zeleno so a little far from you...I was shot in the shipwreck...be careful.
    I've looted it twice now and survived, its a really good place for food and clothing (plus I found my first gun there) but its quite disappointing.

I am now extremely well equipped with enough food to last me for a long, long time but this means that I am in that old DayZ quandry. I am well enough equipped that the survival aspect of the game is essentially meaningless but on the other hand I am well enough equipped that dying would be extremely vexing, especially to a bandit. Going into populated areas isn't something that I am keen to do but living in the woods is just boring.

Attack thenarrative like a radiant suicide
    I've looted it twice now and survived, its a really good place for food and clothing (plus I found my first gun there) but its quite disappointing.

I am now extremely well equipped with enough food to last me for a long, long time but this means that I am in that old DayZ quandry. I am well enough equipped that the survival aspect of the game is essentially meaningless but on the other hand I am well enough equipped that dying would be extremely vexing, especially to a bandit. Going into populated areas isn't something that I am keen to do but living in the woods is just boring.
    It's a bastard of a dilemma of a conundrum. I don't know what to do with myself at all... I ended up playing for half an hour the other day, didn't much want to go into Elektro but didn't really have anything else to do...... maybe a good thing, I can just leave it for a while until there's another reason to play!

Hopefully that will all change once vehicles and base building has been added. Once you get to that stage it is just a case of becoming a bandit or stalking people.

Vehicles will give you something to look for and spare parts will give you a reason to enter towns again and base building if and when it happens... well you get what i'm saying :D

Same old DayZ

Does pistol ammo ever spawn? I have found numerous pistols but not a single pistol round. Similarly I have 300+ 5.56 rounds but I have yet to find an M4. I do have a scoped Mosin with enough ammo to make a bandit sorry though.

Does pistol ammo ever spawn? I have found numerous pistols but not a single pistol round. Similarly I have 300+ 5.56 rounds but I have yet to find an M4. I do have a scoped Mosin with enough ammo to make a bandit sorry though.
    I tend to find far more 5.56 than Mosin ammo and it is sometimes difficult to find pistol rounds..... and magazines for the FNX are another story altogether... :p

I have made maybe 10 airfield runs and found 2 sets of Mosin ammo and shit loads of 5.56 (mostly in magazines) and nothing else. I did find some shotgun ammo on the ship but as there currently isn't a shotgun in the game...

I was under the impression that M4s were very common yet I haven't seen a single one.

Once the bases are in game I think its time to group up again :)

Lesser Hivemind Node sketchseven's Avatar
    Once the base building stuff goes in the meta game will become far more important, I'm sure.

Obscure Node
    Hey dudes! I decided to check this forum on a whim and I'm happy to see some familiar faces from the Uganda days. Dayz. Whatever.

Anyway: are you guys all playing the standalone or giving the mod another shot? I haven't taken the plunge to buy the standalone (already spent much time dealing with frustrating bugginess two years ago) but maybe I should.

Add me on the steams as well if you like (billyphuz)

Network Hub
    I found an M4, a .357 Magnum and ammo for both on my first (terrified) visit to the main airfield (I didn't dare visit the rest of the airfield after that haul).

If anyone wants to meet up with me and a buddy for hijinks and adventure on Saturday evening give me a shout here! Haven't played in aaaaagggges

Obscure Node
    Hope to play with you guys again soon. I'll check in on Mumble sometime, I spose.

Currently, bipod+scope Mosin, but no ammo found in 10 hours of play. Just picked up my first magnum *ever* and many, many rounds. Wonder if I'll die before killing someone else with it. Currently wishing I had switched my mountain backpack for the hunter's backpack I found in same location. Meanwhile, I remain terrified of strangers. About half of my encounters ever are KOS (me killed). I'm on a hill overlooking NW airfield and very hesitant to go any further alone.

Activated Node
    Hey guys, DayZ novice just sticking my head in here to ask:
    a) Mod or Standalone?
    b) If Standalone, Do you guys still play? If so, any chosen days / servers etc?
    Just think it'd be cool to play with people. That said, if you all play the Mod version, feel free to ignore this post.

(Given the inactivity of this thread, I'm assuming it's not an overly - played game at the moment)

Activated Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggman202 View Post
    a) Mod or Standalone?
    Just think it'd be cool to play with people. That said, if you all play the Mod version, feel free to ignore this post.

(Given the inactivity of this thread, I'm assuming it's not an overly - played game at the moment)
    Definitely Standalone but, given the current state of the game, I don't play with any organized group since there'd be nothing organized for us to do. Sometimes Steam friends invite me to play and I will but there's no Uganda, at the moment. When we get vehicles, persistent storage and building/crafting? You'll see a lot more activity here, for sure. Maybe sometime in the summer?

I do enjoy showing people around the game so feel free to find me on Steam (same name) if you want some DayZ advice.

Quote Originally Posted by Eggman202 View Post
    a) Mod or Standalone?

Standalone, for sure.

I played a good bit soon after the release but not much in the last month. What's there so far is good but it should get a lot more interesting in the next 6 months.