Page 13 of 41 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast
    Obscure Node
    Erm there was a motorbike there I think someone had an accident in it :(

Secondary Hivemind Nexus neema_t's Avatar
    Theft! I never knew there were motorbikes, damn I want one. I haven't really played since they reinstated vehicles though.
    Last edited by neema_t; 09-06-2012 at 11:02 PM.

Activated Node
    Well, if a zombie apocalypse happens to break out in the DayZ walking simulator, RPS is extremely ready. The camp is absolutely stacked. Hopefully, some new game mechanics (dirty words?) will make all that hoarding worthwhile. Until then... squirrel away!

And find me a new ghillie suit :P

SOP For Vehicles @ Base-Camp Uganda:

- You are responsible for any vehicle you check out of the BCU car-park.

- People carrier capacity ranges from 2 to 7 ULF members.

- If you only have 2 persons, don't take the bleeping UAZ; take the Truck or one of the ATVs.

- Seriously, don't take the UAZ.

- These vehicles are property of the ULF; they do not belong to you. Please, please, please, try to bring them back to the camp before you log off. If you have no choice but to leave a vehicle stranded somewhere on the map, make sure your ULF brothers know where it is so they can retrieve it.

- Make sure you have enough gas to make it to your destination and back.

- to be continued...

Activated Node
    Vehicles are back? And we have a camp? That might be enough to bring me back this weekend. I'm rocking a good amount of supplies so I won't be needing to take anything, but it'd be good to have something to aim for when I inevitably kark it.

Sounds good Nim, I'd like to add to that.

DON'T DRIVE NEAR THE TENTS! someone flattened one yesterday and left the ATV in the middle of the hill.

Once you've been in a tent and changed its contents make sure you hit 'save old camping tent' from the scroll menu.

Same applies to vehicles once you've been in it and get out save the vehicle usually the option appears halfway down the left side of the vehicle. Just hit save wherever your are when you get out of the vehicle.

The tent BEHIND the bus is an 'honour tent' as in people will dump all their stuff in there pre-raid so that they don't lose anything if they die. DO NOT TAKE ANYTHING OUT OF THIS TENT THAT YOU YOURSELF DIDN'T PUT IN! Even if it's a shiny gps.

Activated Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Metalfish View Post
    Vehicles are back? And we have a camp? That might be enough to bring me back this weekend. I'm rocking a good amount of supplies so I won't be needing to take anything, but it'd be good to have something to aim for when I inevitably kark it.
    There is a camp. And it's exceedingly ridiculous.

Define ridiculous.

By ridiculous he means we're well into double digits for vehicle count (2 wheels, 4 wheels and boats) and we have a lot of tents all for different categories of items, i.e. ammo tents, rifle tents, shotgun tents, pistol tents. Notice I used 'tents' rather than tent, this is because most of the ammo tents and gun tents are full and thus more tents were needed. We also have more food, water, medical items, tools and fuel than you could possibly want.

Driving to the airfields for raids is a long and buggy process but much quicker than the usual slog on foot.

RPS has a DayZ navy!

Lol, interesting. Btw... does anyone have a spare tent I could grab/trade?. We are in the process of looking for one with my friend Yetaman, and we are quite unlucky. We finally found and picked one up yesterday then the server crashed... and I had a backpack with 3 empty slots after that :/

Quote Originally Posted by Battle Programmer Spike View Post
    Lol, interesting. Btw... does anyone have a spare tent I could grab/trade?. We are in the process of looking for one with my friend Yetaman, and we are quite unlucky. We finally found and picked one up yesterday then the server crashed... and I had a backpack with 3 empty slots after that :/
    Ah did I not mention we have a tent... tent...

A tent full of tents im sure you can have one. It seems in DayZ once you get one tent you get unlimited tents though due to the tent duping bug.

Is the camp on the original server where the bus and UAZ were found? Failing that what timezone is it in?

Yes, and gmt-5

Is the camp in the same place?

Cant' be arsed any more to be honest. I spent about 2 hours getting to the camp and when I get close I get sniped in a deer stand. In other words 2 hours wasted. I am finding that my enjoyment of this game has pretty much gone.

There is a fully fueled and repaired bus in a valley between Myshkino and Sosnovka by the way.
    Last edited by palindrome; 12-06-2012 at 06:56 PM.

Activated Node
    Shame Palidrome, most RPS peeps would be more than happy to give you a lift from Berezino or somewhere within the northern part to the camp. If you have the will to trek again do pop onto the chat and ask for a ride.

Can I get a PM with the location of the camp? And the server, since I haven't played with ya guys yet. I guess ya all are playing on an Euro server (and I have around 300 ping on those, so I dunno if I won't get insta kicked as soon as I log in).
    Anyway, once I know those 2 bits of info I'll try to make it to the camp/server. If I can't (to be confirmed)... would one of ya be willing to switch servers for a min so I can get a tent? :)

Activated Node
    Spent two days scouring Berezino for a ghillie suit. Last night, I'm feeling good; it's my lucky night, I can tell. And there, in a large brick house, is my ghillie suit! The bush lives! I'm so thrilled I log out immediately to go join the RPS boys at camp. Only to find that my new suit has decided to not make the trip with me across servers. Definite sadface... The search continues!

And RE: getting sick of this game... I can definitely see that. Right now, it's just a loot grind, an FPS Diablo. Even building the camp just amounts to that except with a group. Which is it's own kind of fun but I'm very much looking forward to new features that allow for larger objectives, even if it's just building more permanent structures. Goals would be nice as well but we may have to wait for that.

well, crud. Now nights will be 100% pitch black dark when not in a full moon phase. Beta patch 93616 and 93666 fixed the gamma "glitch".

Activated Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Battle Programmer Spike View Post
    well, crud. Now nights will be 100% pitch black dark when not in a full moon phase. Beta patch 93616 and 93666 fixed the gamma "glitch".
    The gamma "glitch" was the only thing that made nights at all playable. It could have done with being a touch less effective, but even with it you could see far less well at night than by day, and yet still on a clear night with full moon you would have near pitch darkness in buildings and in forests on the shadowed side of hills.

Now it's just silly; there's no point even attempting to play at night for the moment.

I never bothered attempting to play at night, even the gamma glitch didn't help me.