Page 14 of 41 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast
    get on mumble with us and we will give you the info you need

What locations are best to find bigger packs

Quote Originally Posted by grinn View Post
    What locations are best to find bigger packs
    Any houses, schools and supermarkets really. I always seem to find them. Check the loot guide in the DayZ useful links thread it'll show you where everything spawns.

Bear in mind that the current 1.7.0 version has a reduced rate of backpack spawns i think this is set to be fixed in the next patch.

Castles are probably your best bet as there are a lot of possible spawn locations, I usually find at least one backpack when I go to Rog. The alice pack (the second best in the game) is classed as residential loot so as Purdz says things like houses are a good place to look. The Coyote backpack is the biggest one (24 slots) but its military spawn, its rare and only spawns at high end locations like the NW airfield.

Activated Node
    I'd actually say that the problem with night is the existence of NVGs.

Yeah, that's right. You heard.

Someone with NVGs doesn't have the 'night problem' giving them the biggest balance of power advantage over other players present in the game. If everyone had to make do with flares, chemlights and torches, the risk of being stalked by someone who's spotted your light source is reduced a lot, since they either have to have a clear shot at you or risk stumbling around in the dark to get to you. Unless a bandit is dedicated to sitting still in the dark in an overwatch position (presumably burning through a limited supply of heat packs) the risk isn't really so high.

NVGs turn you into the one-eyed king.

Yea but Arma in it's core is an military simulator and it simulates pretty dark nights as you can get in real life. When the moon is full then you are lucky because you get something shining in the dark. And to be honest people only practically play in night if they have NVG's

Quote Originally Posted by palindrome View Post
    Castles are probably your best bet as there are a lot of possible spawn locations, I usually find at least one backpack when I go to Rog. The alice pack (the second best in the game) is classed as residential loot so as Purdz says things like houses are a good place to look. The Coyote backpack is the biggest one (24 slots) but its military spawn, its rare and only spawns at high end locations like the NW airfield.
    I found 2 coyotes in deerstands and 1 in firehouses (they spawn military equipment as well). Also, the townhall in cherno might spawn those as well, but not sure.

Activated Node
    So yesterday we set up a new camp (variously called New Uganda or Campala) on the new server, and went to visit the neighbours. Or more precisely, their mostly unattended tents.

One of them had a fricking M136 rocket launcher with a single rocket.

Later we found a helicopter with the fuel leak bug. We figured that if we destroyed it, it would probably respawn without the bug after the server restarted. So Cuth and I decided it was a good chance to use the rocket launcher.

This was the result: http://youtu.be/z64GX4m8OQo

Did you get in the chopper to see it's damage afterwards?
    Why do I always have to leave before the good parts :D

Quote Originally Posted by Battle Programmer Spike View Post
    I found 2 coyotes in deerstands and 1 in firehouses (they spawn military equipment as well). Also, the townhall in cherno might spawn those as well, but not sure.
    Coyote backpack or patrol pack?

Activated Node
    I didn't check the chopper before the rocket, but afterwards everything was bright red except the hull, which was reddish-orange.

Coyote backpack or patrol pack?
    Coyote backpack, the one with 24 slots. The chance is really low, mind you. I found 1 on a deerstand in one of my lives, and same goes for my friend. In my last respawn I found a Coyote pack on the firehouse at Electrogorsk along an M16 and some other weaponry scattered thru the place. You generally have better luck finding ALICE or Czech backpacks in grocery/market stores tho.

This one is a good sheet to check out the what spawns what. It might be slightly outdated tho, as it's based on 1.6.0.1 data: http://picacid.com/arma2/loot_en.html

Quote Originally Posted by vfig View Post
    So yesterday we set up a new camp (variously called New Uganda or Campala) on the new server, and went to visit the neighbours.
    Something happened on camp Uganda? Nice video btw, lol. Good thing you didn't kill him.
    Last edited by Battle Programmer Spike; 15-06-2012 at 05:36 PM.

Activated Node
    The server that the old camp was on was down, having problems. So we moved to a different server and set up the new camp there. Only now it's the old new camp, because we've moved again (we didn't get on with the neighbours).

Does anyone have any issues with the new beta patch? I can't seem to join any servers and I'm stuck at the loading screen.

Does anyone have any issues with the new beta patch? I can't seem to join any servers and I'm stuck at the loading screen.
    You wanna reinstall the 93701 patch

no one uses the newest ones as it causes issues.

1.7.1 patch is live! get it!

Performance and Optimization

- Reduction/elimination of the new server lag. This is caused by the ArmA2 server expecting immediate response from the central server. Vehicles are the main cause of this, as whenever they are damaged everything stops while the server ensures this is recorded in the database.
    - Bugs fixed that were possibly causing very significant netcode overhead (will need mass-scale testing to verify this).

Infected Behavior

- Infected can no longer see/attack through walls.
    - Entirely new mocap'd attack and running animations

Content

- Additional Idle Infected sounds
    - Revised Attack sounds
    - Many new action sounds, including IV, bandaging etc...

Notes

- This update will REQUIRE the beta patch, so it is worth installing this now and getting used to it.
    - Read up at the BI Forums about the beta patch install. It's pretty easy.

Current Changelog

Developer's Note:
    * Requires ArmA2 Beta.

Changelog:
    * [FIXED] Wire Spools, Toolboxes, hedgehog (tank trap) kits not spawning
    * [FIXED] Bodies still being deleted too quickly sometimes
    * [FIXED] No backpacks or medical boxes spawning
    * [FIXED] "No Speaker..." debug report spam
    * [FIXED] Infected spawning too close to players (minimum 30m now)
    * [FIXED] Infected not spawning inside buildings any more
    * [NEW] Infected can't attack through walls
    * [NEW] Infected can't see through objects any more
    * [NEW] Infected visibility increased (but limited by LOS)
    * [NEW] Infected attack range increased (but limited by LOS)
    * [NEW] Infected can cause greater damage when they hit you
    * [NEW] You can hide from an infected chasing you
    * [NEW] Optimized server cleanup routine
    * [NEW] Player body exists for five seconds after disconnect (UNCONFIRMED IF WORKING)
    * [NEW] Infected see based on eye direction, not on body direction as before
    * [NEW] 30Rnd_545x39_AK added to loot table
    * [NEW] More infected attack animations
    * [NEW] More infected feeding animations
    * [NEW] Replaced monkey infected crawing run animation
    * [NEW] Heartbeat when cursor on a player with very low humanity (heart beats faster the lower it is)
    * [NEW] Humanity GUI indicator removed
    * [NEW] New Infected and Action sound effects (more AWESOME stuff by Michael Manning)
    * [NEW] Initial version of double-barreled shotgun added (by Artyom)
    * [FIXED] CZ550 spawning far too often in farms
    * [FIXED] Winchester decreased spawnrate (% given to double barrel shotty)
    * [NEW] Recombine shotgun rounds between 2 and 8 rounds
    * [NEW] Recombine 45ACP rounds between M1911 and Revolver rounds
    * [FIXED] Tent placement is completely screwed (now can place anywhere except in building)
    * [FIXED] Items for Eating and Drinking not removed instantly (allowed some duping)
    * [NEW] DayZ: Now with additional cruelty!. Spawn with only a bandage, painkillers, and a torch.
    Last edited by Sarlac; 17-06-2012 at 08:53 AM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus neema_t's Avatar
    So we don't even spawn with a Makarov any more? That would be interesting. I'm glad they fixed the zeds spawning in buildings, behind you and being able to see through stuff, that's basically the only way zeds find me as I'm extremely cautious to the point where I'll crawl 100m toward something. I'd quite like it if they could add a slight delay before a zed notices you though because quite often I'll be crawling and touch something that makes me stand up for no reason, I know they probably can't fix that behaviour so allowing a few seconds before the zed sees you to give you time to go prone again would be nice.

Also being able to use .45 ACP in an M1911 is awesome, I have found LOADS of revolver ammo but never a revolver, yet fewer M1911 magazines than pistols. I also like that we can lose pursuing zeds but it's a shame that it has to be all or nothing, by which I mean I hate being chased by fast zeds because they outrun and therefore very rape you, but I liked that slow zeds would follow you indefinitely because it's the only thing that makes them scary. Still, now that I might not be spawned upon or walk into a room with a zed in it or be randomly spotted through a solid concrete wall this might not be a thing that I think about now. I do hope they never allow zeds to run while indoors, though, that particular mechanic is a lifesaver due to the whole 'prone > standing up > might as well have a neon sign saying 'zeds eat 4 free' over my head' thing.

Activated Node
    Having read the posts on the DayZ forum it seems the respawns are glitched so multiple zombies respawn very quickly after death resulting in players being pursued by many more of the fuckers than before. Looks like there will be a hotfix in the next 48 hours so not sure I will log back just yet. Oh and there seems to be FPS issues too.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Wonderstuff View Post
    Having read the posts on the DayZ forum it seems the respawns are glitched so multiple zombies respawn very quickly after death resulting in players being pursued by many more of the fuckers than before. Looks like there will be a hotfix in the next 48 hours so not sure I will log back just yet. Oh and there seems to be FPS issues too.
    Just as well that my ARMA 2 install decided to become corrupt/sulk/break and refuse to run today then. By the time I have it up and running there should be a hotfix :)

How large is the zombie view range now? The DayZ forums are full of horror stories about zombies seeing you from "miles away".
    Last edited by palindrome; 17-06-2012 at 11:59 AM.

Network Hub
    Just as well that my ARMA 2 install decided to become corrupt/sulk/break and refuse to run today then. By the time I have it up and running there should be a hotfix :) How large is the zombie view range now? The DayZ forums are full of horror stories about zombies seeing you from "miles away".
    Not exactly miles, but I've been spotted crouch-walking from what I'd say was a good 50 meters away, they also see you fairly easily at close distances if you're crawling. Used to be able to just cross the street and crawl past them, but not anymore.

They also seem much more likely to come in to buildings after you, a couple of times I've been walking around upstairs, and zombies walking around outside have heard me and come inside.

It could probably do with being tuned down a tad, but, well, it's very much in early development. The Day Z forums stick to the rule of thumb that official forums for almost anything are a cess-pit of hate and unreasonableness.