Page 21 of 41 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast
    Uganda is back!

Lesser Hivemind Node sketchseven's Avatar
    Huzzah I shall have a look for it - I am now much better equipped to face the rugged hills of Chernasus

Obscure Node
    Good morning survivors,

After a twelve and a half hour day at work yesterday i was most upset to return home to a very broken Uganda. I donned my dear stalker hat and snatched up the magnifying glass and headed out to investigate straight away.
    The first clue was right in front of me :
    Name: DayZ - UK41 (1.7.1.5/93965) (Veteran|3D:ON|CH:OFF) dayzmod.com - UPLF | Uganda | Vilayer.com
    Players: 0/40
    Connection Info: 188.165.193.218:2312
    FTP: 188.165.193.218:8821

No start button, no restart button, not good. I searched the dayzmod forums and found that there was a large DdoS attack on the Hive server IP that had been running for the last 14 hours. Further searching on Reddit.com reveals a long trail of gossip and embellishment that points the finger at some whiny Russian hackers. http://tinyurl.com/cvqmv4w
    Another scout of the forums revealed that Vilayer (the hosting company for Uganda) were not in good shape right then, their main man was just out of hospital from surgery and they were still dealing with 30 new server requests a day!!!

Jumping on Teamspeak I located the head honcho of Vilayer server hosting, Lee. We had a chat about the current Hive problems and the knock on affect it has had on the Vilayer ACP (the Control Panel hosts can access their servers through). It didn't sound good. I began to worry Uganda would become lost in the huge backlog of servers that needed attention!

Then, just when i was about to giveup and go to sleep, Lee said four magical words: "should be up soon".

Should be up soon! Uganda, SHOULD BE UP SOON!
    Oh the land of infected corpses, AK's and white women, how i have missed you!

Lee was as good as his word and withing half an hour Uganda was back up and running. I jumped on for a short while and i have to say, Great job whoever did the spring cleaning in base and sorted all the tents out! (Anyone got the motorbike?)

After 16 hours awake, it was time to rest my head. I propped my AK against the wall and shut my eyes, letting memories of the war torn world i call home fill my mind.
    Uganda, Uganda, where we strive to be free. Bring me packs full of ammo and some NVG!
    Last edited by Gtok; 04-07-2012 at 09:00 AM.

Network Hub
    Just giving a heads up - Uganda is currently extremely unstable.

Me and Ivan were driving around trying to stock up on some stuff for camp like fuel(someone left all the vehicles nearly empty, and all the jerrycans were empty) tonight and the server crashed on us about once per hour. At one point the server crashed and it ate all 17 of our jerrycans, which we had just refilled, and all of the other gear in the Land Rover. Thankfully we had emptied a lot of the non-jerrycan items out of the thing before we left camp, so there wasn't a massive loss of goods, but it did set us back on our mission and give us a few freak outs about whether we would have to march back to camp to get the car back. Thankfully each time the server crashed the Land Rover stayed where we had parked it, even though we hadn't saved it there, and apart from the first crash eating all of our jerrycans we didn't have any major issues. It was just mildly inconvenient to have to constantly worry about the Land Rover suddenly disappearing and having to reconnect all the time.

Obscure Node
    It seems to not be the only server having problems! I have just been teleported to the debug wilderness, without any gear!!!

Activated Node
    Hello guys

What's the protocol for new members? Me and my buddy are tired of going through the same old cycle of scavenging about, getting some decent gear, start thinking about heading off to look for vehicles or whatever, then fate conspiring to kill us somehow.

Obscure Node
    @trumpet
    Come and find us on mumble in the DayZ channel,

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/foru...nd-other-games

Once we're happy your not going to steal our beanz we can team up.

Is it better to go to Mumble first or try to hop on to the Uganda server? I've just about got myself to the point where I think I'd at least be helpful rather than hurtful to a team (pretty much fully tooled up, armed, etc.)

Its all pretty casual. Just hop on mumble and say hi.

Guys... I just logged on and the Landrover is gone.
    Together with it go all our jerry cans.

Does anyone know anything about anyone taking the Landrover?

We have no fuel at all left at camp and most of the vehicles have empty fuel tanks.

The unofficial RPS Rising Storm group!

Quote Originally Posted by DWZippy View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rJ7Ev...ature=youtu.be - No zombies were hurt during the making of this video.
    Oh you bad, bad man. :D

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by MrWeed View Post
    Guys... I just logged on and the Landrover is gone.
    Together with it go all our jerry cans.
    You're kidding, right? After all that time we spent last night trying to find new jerrycans when the server crashed and ate the 17 we had just refilled, we've lost not only the 4 or 5 cans we found but the car we were driving to begin with? Well shit.

Good to catch some people online tonight; fun times had by all. Even if I did get shot within a few minutes of joining the server.
    Last edited by sketchseven; 06-07-2012 at 12:05 PM.

Obscure Node
    I am off for 5 days holiday, waiting for taxi to the airport right now. I have just spoken to my hosting company and they assure me Uganda should be up and running, and stable, within the next 12 hours.
    By way of compensation the company is offering one week of free server rental, which just about covers it.

I have given Kafka rights to restarting the server also now. So people with access are, Kafka, Sarlac and Calculon (and Greyham).

Have fun and see you all next week!

Network Hub
    It appears as though all structures and vehicle on Uganda have been wiped. Or at least some of them. Me and Nova were on earlier and Nova said there was absolutely nothing back at camp. No vehicles and no tents, wrecked, flattened, or otherwise. We also checked out a couple towns and saw no wire or tank traps in place.

This was a few hours ago that we discovered this stuff, so maybe it was just a fluke or something that wherever we checked we saw nothing built. But I just now got around to posting. If it has fixed itself, then ignore this post. If it hasn't, then don't assume that we've been raided or anything because it seemed to us that everything was gone.

Just wait for the next server reset, Unruly. It tends to happen from time to time when the server doesn't properly sync with the Hive for vehicles/tents. If they don't spawn on next reset then there was a major problem regarding that data.

Tents/vehicles are back; we found a few jerries this morning, so we're okay (but not great) on those once again.

Out of bounds items to get regularly wiped

http://www.dayzmod.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=29123

Obscure Node
    Just saw 1.7.2 at Rezzed, apparently it needs 'some more testing', as it only ran on Rocket's laptop, and crashed on the desktops at the show...

Had a brief go with trackIR on 1.7.2, but sadly couldn't fire my gun for some reason, and was trying to get used to moving my head... didn't look very pro!

strange

Hi all,
    Just got back off my hols n ready for some dayz action!
    I'm going to try and find you in mumble... Hopefully I can tag along with you guys and learn some stuff...

Zer0