Page 22 of 41 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast
    So just back from my holidays too, game updated etc etc anddddd no one is online :( Come on Ugandans! I've been away and I need to be brought back up to speed on the latest goings on!

Activated Node
    Quote Originally Posted by purdz View Post
    I've been away and I need to be brought back up to speed on the latest goings on!
    Well you certainly got that ;-)

Shame you and I died (as well as others)...was on my 30th day...see if I can make the next one last as well.

Lesser Hivemind Node sketchseven's Avatar
    Yeah I felt really sorry for you Wonder :S But thanks for sticking with it.

Obscure Node
    7/7/2012, 0910 EST
    Internet and cell connectivity is becoming spotty, as ISPs and utility companies struggle to keep infrastructure working along the US eastern seaboard and midwest. Knoxville expected to hit 114 degrees F today or this weekend sometime. Here in ATL, the temps have been above 105 for more than 7 weeks and there are rolling power outages. Earlier this week, I noticed that in my neighborhood, every other house appeared to have been vacant for at least 3 days (daily papers stacking up, no trash or recycling at the curb, which is unusual for my typically punctual neighbors). My wife and 1-yr-old daughter and I are starting our trip to Folly Beach one day early. I was already planning a week off, and all of my wife's clients (she's a psychotherapist) cancelled for the week. Slept poorly the last 3 nights, due to noise from extended Independence Day fireworks celebrations (apparently) and unusually raucous sounds of revelry at the nearby softball fields. Anyway, I'll be away for about a week, but checking in regularly, depending on connectivity.

Obscure Node
    Hi everyone, my first post!

I have a YouTube channel and record videos and do product reviews ect. Anyway I have been recording footage of our group work and currently have the video up of when I joined and will also be putting up the vid of the mass raid on the airfield later tonight or early morning.

Do not worry I have cut out reference to camp and all things that need to be :)

Here is the link to the channel and the video:

Game Lock Reviews YouTube Channel
    NW Airfield raid

Please let me know what you think of the videos :D

Nice, though a bit freaky watching myself from the third person. =p

Would love to see some more content from other hijinks if you manage to catch it; I stopped streaming a while ago for security reasons, so it'd be nice to have some sort of records of our misadventures.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    I have played the game another 1hour 40 minutes.
    1 hour walking slowly into buildings to get ammo. No weapons.
    40 minutes running away from a zombie trought multiple forest, multiple montains... The feel is that the game is not playable at all just now. Perhaps if there was 1 weapon on one of these houses.. what is the point if I can't even defend me with my fists?

Are you guys in mumble room: dayz mumble?... Pheasant etc?
    Got my headset sorted now, are you on tonight? ... Any room for another ugandinese refugee?

Zer0

Obscure Node
    Hey, thought I'd just pop in and say thanks for a good game tonight RPSers. I'll see you on Mumble again soon!
    Last edited by dandan; 08-07-2012 at 02:39 AM.

Obscure Node
    Hi all,

Next video is up. It's of the NW Airfield Raid. The one is the previous post of mine is labelled wrong. That was the fun around cherno.

Real NW Airfield Raid

Obscure Node
    @Tei,

Granted this game has a very steep learning curve but if you persist you will find it is like no other game you have ever played. Meeting other survivors is truly nerve wrecking as you have no idea if they will hurt or help you.

Go away from the coast and look for barns to get your first gun.

After escapades on the server last night, all I can say is I'm really glad Cuth. can't shoot straight.

What happened? Did Cuth nearly kill you?

Did the vehicles come back after the server crash? if not I stashed the motor bike and the pickup somewhere, not very well hidden but slightly out of the way so if someone can get there quickly i can give co ords. Only problem is the server saved my position about 400m away from where i thought i logged out with the vehicles as the server went down, so they could be anywhere really.

Obscure Node
    Yeah we recovered the vehicles

Activated Node
    Stranger was unlucky enough to spawn out in debug land, 22 km away from the edge of the map. He had a lot of gear he didn't want to lose, so after a brief discussion on Mumble, he decided to try to return overland. His thirst was yellow, and he had one no water and one soda.

His thirst started blinking pretty soon, and he drank his soda at about the 16k mark. Turns out that one can of coke is enough to keep you running for about 15km. He was losing health when he reached the corner of the map, but I met him there with some water and a bunch of steaks.

So, another reason not to log out without at least one (preferably two) doses of liquid in your pack!

Activated Node
    Since I began playing this game, I've always run with two canteens. Just seems prudent. And I wasn't even taking into account all the bugs! Haha.

*crosses fingers* Day 29, please don't log me in in the ocean, DayZ... Please...

Also, thanks for the NVG, guys! You rock. Can't wait to find some chopper crashes and pay you back with some more sweet gear. Now I can finally go fully silenced ninja on Uganda! Woot!

Obscure Node
    Hi all, can i ask is there a specific server the RPS community is playing on and, are you guys going to be playing tonight :) ? Thanks

Obscure Node
    Are there some german Players here? Or any Group hat would play with me?

I can speak and write English quite well of course :P

/If so please leave me a PM :)
    Last edited by sibbo7; 09-07-2012 at 07:45 PM.

RPS guys usually congregate on a server that you can find by filtering for UK41 or Uganda. If you come on, I would highly advise you to also get on the Mumble server.

--

@purdz - I'd moved into a different Mumble channel to go do some stuff with Sarlac and a couple of others. Cuth and cvelde were also on the server but in a different channel. I decide it's getting a bit late, so Sarlac drops me off, and I head into the back country on foot.

After about half an hour of kind of mooching around and running through towns, I end up just outside Polana when suddenly I get fired on - round or two hits me and a whole lot more miss me by inches - I hit the deck instantly and logged out (not something I'd usually do, normally I'd just accept the death, but once I survived the initial volley I decided not to let them have another go at me). Log into the other Mumble channel:

me: hey did you just shoot at someone outside Polana?
    Cuth: er ... yeah?
    me: you scared the crap out of me!

I was running on tiredness cut with a huge adrenaline hit from being shot at, so I might have been a little more incoherent than that. But there's the story.

Oh by the way - http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...and-a-for-dayz

Dean Hall's Q&A at Rezzed for anyone (like me) that wasn't there.