Page 25 of 41 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast
    Network Hub
    Gtok, man, you've really got to learn to be a better bullshitter than that. When people are offering to give you money, you're supposed to take it, sound grateful, and promise to put it towards whatever they were giving it to you for. And then you go spend it on something else entirely, like blackjack and hookers. Or hookers and blow.

Activated Node
    Or just double down on the hookers, which is kind of like playing blackjack, especially when they hit you over the head with a lamp and take the rest of your money. I mean...

Obscure Node
    Wise words!
    Well if anyone does feel like chucking a dolla or two
    my way for the 30+ spent on Uganda my email for PayPal is giles underscore hill at hotmail dot com
    if I do manage to get my original investment back I'll return any donations.
    G

When is that server going down for good GTOK do you know?

And as I said thanks again for taking the trouble to start it up. Much appreciated.

I guess I should cancel my order then? They still haven't set it up yet....

Obscure Node
    Back from Folly Beach. The CDC tried to cover up an obvious infestation I encountered on the way there (somewhere between Augusta, GA and Columbia, SC). Good thing I'd been practicing such skills in DayZ. Meanwhile, tonight, I didn't see any familiars in Uganda. Has the server move begun? (gtok, yes I am planning on chucking some $ your way)

Lesser Hivemind Node sketchseven's Avatar
    Er yeah - guess I've not seen you on Uganda before either Toxiq :)

Obscure Node
    Recent news about Uganda:

After an excellent talk with Lee from Vilayer LTD I have had alot of information cleared up.

I will list the Issues we had been having with the server and answer them as follows:

- Red link of disconnection and desync :This is a Hive response issue. Information has to pass from player to Uganda, Uganda to the Hive, Hive to Uganda, then Uganda to the player. The issues with the breakdown of information come from the transfer of information from the Hive, causing Desyncs and disconnections.

-Downtime of server (large amount over time of DDos attacks) :Again this was largely due to the movement and updating of the hive server due to the attacks on it. Vilayer LTD were unfortunate that Lee (their main man) had just begun recovery from an operation. The changes to the Hive ment that Vilayer LTD had to re-write the way their servers shared information with the Hive. This was a massive task that unfortunatly ment their service was interrupted for a greater length of time than other hosting companies.

- futher downtime of server (occasional server outages) :There have been recent brief periods of server downtime caused by the updating of the new patch. Also Vilayer LTD have created an incredible new feature allowing us to change the server time in game, limited to once every 24 hours (the only hosting company to have this featuer verified by the DayZ staff).

For my part i must hold my hands up and say I have not perhaps been proactive enough in maintaining close communication with Vilayer LTD. Instead allowing some negativity towards the hosting company to creep in whenever any form of problem occurred. The sensible thing to do would have been contact the company and talk about the issues!

Further News:
    -Vilayer LTD will extend the Uganda server contract until the 1st of August FOR FREE.
    -Vilayer LTD are bringing a new Knowledge database targeted for server admins online very shortly.
    -Vilayer LTD have just invested 4,000 Euros into a new aftermarket support system, this is an incredible show of how dedicated Lee is to keeping his customers. (it is the same system used by Volvo for their support!)

I propose that we stick with Uganda, our home. I am currently working out a way to guarentee regular restarts of the server, as well as providing a warning message of any upcoming restarts.

Also, i would appreciate If people would step forward to take an Admin role on the server. I need people who I can trust with the ability to restart the server If there was to be any issues whilst I am offline.

Please comment on any/all of the above information!
    Many thanks and many apologies for not having sorted all this out last week!
    G
    Last edited by Gtok; 15-07-2012 at 07:59 PM.

Activated Node
    Interesting stuff. Clearly the hosting company cannot be held responsible for some of the outtages and maybe we should continue with our present setup for the time being (good to see them being proactive). I can see the same issues happening if we move server anyhow. Count me in to help with Admin stuff if you need it.

Well it certainly seems like Vilayer are trying to make amends and keep customers, which is always good to see.

Ultimately it's your call Gtok but I'm happy keeping Uganda up and running, it's got some nice RPS folklore to it already. Happy to volunteer for admin duties if required, have the DayZ bug pretty hard right now.

Obscure Node
    I have a very long 'Waiting for host' message while trying to connect to Uganda. Is this happening for everyone or just me? I do agree that Uganda is our home and one day it will be our children's land. God bless you Uganda.

[Edit: So it turns out I forgot to check the server dayz version. Super derp me didn't notice it had updated to v1.7.2.3. Working now]
    Last edited by videojames; 16-07-2012 at 12:57 PM.

Lesson #1 Never lend your L85 Thermal to dandan, his backpack will eat it. :( gonna have to start scouring for Helicopter wrecks again.

Lesson #2 Never let me ride your bicycle, I will break it and not manage to get it the last 200 metres back to camp.

Also got really excited on our mission to Stary last night when i saw a heat signature through a bush (obviously before dandan ate my L85) shot it, it went down but no murder, thought i'd killed a guy went through the bush to check, BLOODY BOARS!!!

On a mercy run to heal up ppx last night, these are becoming a habit. At least this time I didn't need to be rescued in turn by someone else.

Obscure Node
    Gtok, I've just gotten back from my holiday, and seeing as you gave me admin rights, I'm happy to step into those shoes!

Obscure Node
    Hey guys.
    Gtok, last night I managed to kill someone by friendly fire when I definitely wasn't in the debug forest so I don't think we should ban people for it any more. What I think happened was that I killed him just as he was logging in because as i shot him, it said "killed by Bobbeh (friendly fire) and then his body reappeared so I shot him again. The second time i killed him he died normally.

He and his mate had just brutally killed dandan so its not like i was waiting for people to spawn in at the coast. Just unlucky for him that the second he decided to come back to loot dandan's body, i happened to be looking that way.

If you kill someone in debug forest isn't it an automatic ban from all servers everywhere? I thought I saw that on the DayZ forums.

Obscure Node
    Yeah I think they said you would get a 1 week ban or something if it was reported. I shot the guy in electro though so I don't think you can use the kill text as a reliable guide.

That friendly fire thing comes up when people are hacking too. If you kill someone and it says that then they respawn in the same location with the same gear so I hear. So the guy could have been hacking.

Did you guys just go hunting at Elektro last night then?

Oh and LOL

Last edited by purdz; 17-07-2012 at 01:21 PM.

Activated Node
    Argh it's nighttime on the server. Any news on being able to restart it?

Obscure Node
    Steady, steady.....