Page 27 of 41 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast
    Activated Node
    Goddamnit... I think someone in a ghillie is stealing the vehicles right now. I'll try and kill him.

Obscure Node
    Our camp is fucked. I've been on mumble on my own, so I decided to do some deer stand hunting. I took one of the 4 atvs and drove about for 15-20 minutes and then came back. Both trucks were gone. I parked myself up behind a x-mas tree and waited for more looters to come. Five minutes later two guys came on a red bike with decals. I waited till one of them got on an ATV and fired. I should have hidden closer since the Mk48 missed. The guy drove it for a few meters and then DC'd, so did the other one. I hid elsewhere for 20 minutes with no one in sight. Then I decided that I should quickly put all the valuables in the ATV and drive off, which is of course when I got shot. I suspect there won't be much left in camp when I get back.

Activated Node
    Oh ffs...this is getting beyond a joke. One day later and we are raided again? Now's the time to be a little bit paranoid.

Right looks like we'll have to go on the hunt for camps and vehicles again then! Have we lost everything?

This should be fun!

I did say last night that we were a little too close to Pebeda dam for it to be too safe but nevertheless the speed at which our stuff is being found is quite ridiculous.

Someone MUST have seen us drive up there last night, or saw someone driving the vehicles today, OR someone we dont know on mumble is giving the position away, OR we are just the unfortunate victims of someone using the da map h4x.

Either way, let's go hunting! Maybe a private mumble channel too?

Next time we get the vehicles we park them WELL away from a tent base where we store most of the stuff with maybe just the v3s within a 1KM walk, the rest of the vehicles should be hidden away and dotted around so we can access them when needed. Only leaving fuel and car parts in them maybe. Has anyone been back to the previous places to see if the cars are still there?

It is strange/suspicious as to why we are getting raided so quickly at the moment, our base in the west survived the raidings for weeks and now every 12 hours we are getting hit.
    Last edited by purdz; 20-07-2012 at 05:43 PM.

Lesser Hivemind Node sketchseven's Avatar
    Probably DCed, ran around on another server and reconnected. That exploit really, really needs a fix.

Activated Node
    Sweet, sweet revenge. And Coyote Backpacks (right, Wonderstuff? :D).

Activated Node
    Indeed Mr Jones ;-) Glad I mowed down their tents. We have their names and really should have a policy of banning people who DC like that.

did you find them???

I'm still at bloody work, 14 hours and counting now!

Who, what when where and how?? Did we get our gear back?

Activated Node
    Yup...well
    Cevelde did (cos he is quite the terminator). Once he relayed the co-ords myself and Dandan made our way there as well as Oklahoma, Gtock and others. Cevelde had already taken out one person but the other logged off. Quite clear the other person was going to shift postion in another server and hop back. By now it was quite clear this was their main campsite with six or so tents, and various vehicles such as the ural. One of our team went down to a hail of suppressed gunfire as they were approaching the vehicles. Gtock eventually located them with the thermals and injured them (they then logged out). Fortunately the Dayz hive went tits up meaning players could not log in giving us time to ransack the place and move out...

So we have all the vehicles back right? and we've hidden them again?

How close to us were they?

Awesome news though guys!

Network Hub
    Sounds like I've been missing out on quite a bit of Day Z fun while I play other games.

As for fixing the DC/move/reconnect thing, here's what I think should be done - Every time you DC from a server the hive saves your position at a random place within a 150m circle of where you actually logged off. You're still in the same general area, but you aren't guaranteed to be exactly where you were when you logged off. It will still allow people to just DC to get away from fights, but it will help stop them from exploiting that to join another server, move to a better vantage point, and then rejoin the original server. It would also help cut down on server hopping for loot.

Maybe the way to fix the issue of people DCing when injured is to make it so if you're bleeding and you DC you automatically die, kind of like how if you DC while in shock you have an unconciousness timer that you have to sit through when you log back on. It would probably piss a lot of people off, but the "5 second persistence" thing that Rocket added which was supposed to help fix that doesn't work. This would have the added effect of also keeping people from DCing to escape from/despawn zombies that they've aggroed and can't handle.

Put those two things in and you've got a situation where DCing to gain the upper hand in a firefight could actually get you killed or at least put you in a worse situation than you were to begin with.

Activated Node
    Totally agree that things were in the open a bit too much but DAMN YOU ALL for moving the camp after I logged out. Haha. Not even one lonely ATV for me? It's going to be a long hard slog tonight then. Ah, DayZ...

Our little buddy "Angel" was back on early this morning (12:30 AM EST). So he and his gang haven't quite given up on Uganda yet. If our vehicles get hit again tomorrow we'll be pretty sure that they're hacking. If not, well, Angel and JasonVR still need a good murdering so... *shrug*
    Last edited by Oklahoma Jones; 21-07-2012 at 06:04 AM.

Obscure Node
    I've also just recently seen skorpion stalker or whaterver his name is. Camp is still intact but I'd keep a watchful eye today. A 100% sure they are searching for us.

- Anders here -

I think a prudent thing would be to keep a close eye on the player list. it will have a lot to tell if we listen.

Obscure Node
    Kudos to these guys though. They stuck proudly with their names rather than just switching them.

Anyone think we should split the camp a bit? Some of the vehicles are easily hidden in the trees whereas the ural and some of the others are too bright to hide easily. Move them away a bit as bait?

Hopefully I'll be on tonight for a little bit and hopefully won't miss all the action!

Should we just camp out around their area and try and headshot them as they log in?

Lesser Hivemind Node sketchseven's Avatar
    some of the more brightly coloured vehicles should really be moved elsewhere I think; they stand out like crazy.

Obscure Node
    I have a plan for the big bright vehicles, just need to get back home. Hold the fort guys.

Obscure Node
    I'm away from my computer tonight, but eager to know what's happening! Has our latest camp been dicovered yet? Have we killed the gang of 3 that infiltrated our last camp?
    Also, do we know when Uganda will be updated to the latest Arma patch? The game rather looses it's charm when the 8 people on the server are all UPLF; it would be nice to open the server up to a wider audience again.

Server is at the latest patch since yesterday I believe.

Latest camp was discovered strangely, all the vehicles except the bicycle and one other disappeared within the space of an hour. Kafka then drove the blue ural back that he was in and within 20 minutes that had gone too!

We found the ural again and the blue van, moved a lot of the stuff out of the ural, but then the server restarted and despite repeatedly saving the ural and the other stuff all but the van and 1 tent disappeared.

:(