Page 35 of 41 FirstFirst ... 253334353637 ... LastLast
    Obscure Node
    Unfortunately Sketch I'm inclined to feel the same way, would have been great to get the RPS diaries down for rock paper shotgun but perhaps if we had started them a couple of months ago we would have captured the game at it's best. Too many hackers, no end game, (kind of the point I guess, but what joy there was to be had in running camps and fighting has been sucked out by hackers) us all playing together has become a case of log on, then when things are getting fun die by various nefarious means. Hopefully when it goes standalone there will be a little more content and much better security, and I'll look forward to picking it all up again. Was wicked playing with everyone while it was still fun, I loved dayz, but as soon as I played with RPS people it was 10x more enjoyable, we shall again one day kill for beans aha.

Meh im still playing, I'm not fussed about dying in it really as it's so easy to gear up again. Hackers do suck a lot of the fun out but I have only experienced that like once or twice.

I'm definitely not playing as regularly as I was but there's still a load of fun to be had.

Activated Node
    On the other hand, without the hackers, we wouldn't have had our chopper squadron on the weekend, nor our convoy of (not all at once) two motorcycles, a bus, a bicycle, and a truck last night.

Activated Node
    Hi, I will gladly join you guys in Chernarus. Is there something I should do besides turning on Mumble? I played DayZ since 1.5 and ArmA2 for even longer.

Activated Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Aedrill View Post
    Hi, I will gladly join you guys in Chernarus. Is there something I should do besides turning on Mumble? I played DayZ since 1.5 and ArmA2 for even longer.
    Just pop on mumble and say hello Aedrill

Activated Node
    Some of us (me, Ivan, Waffly and some other people) have been playing DayZ Lingor. Currently, it's very good, no hackers, it's playable.

Now, on the FR#56 server, we found a huge depo of stuff. By huge, I mean 4 busses full of loot, a vehicle scrapyard (like, 5 sedans, ATV, motorbike). Turns out, that place belongs to a group of individuals who do not agree with the ways of the Party. We need to eliminate these.....crazy wookies.

I call all able men of RPS to download&install DayZ Lingor, gear up with the best loot you can find and be prepared for a raid. That place must burn! It's full of evil.

Anybody interested, come to RPS Steam chat or find us at our Mumble!

Links:
    http://dayzlingor.tk/content.php?121-how-to-play
    http://dayz.metrocraft.org/lmap/

Quote Originally Posted by Draakon View Post
    Some of us (me, Ivan, Waffly and some other people) have been playing DayZ Lingor. Currently, it's very good, no hackers, it's playable.

Now, on the FR#56 server, we found a huge depo of stuff. By huge, I mean 4 busses full of loot, a vehicle scrapyard (like, 5 sedans, ATV, motorbike). Turns out, that place belongs to a group of individuals who do not agree with the ways of the Party. We need to eliminate these.....crazy wookies.

I call all able men of RPS to download&install DayZ Lingor, gear up with the best loot you can find and be prepared for a raid. That place must burn! It's full of evil.

Links:
    Confirming a 20 person raid will be awesome!

Activated Node
    I'm so in! When? That's my only real question. And also "will that server actually let me on?" Going to check now.

Some time tomorrow evening GMT time.
    We shall launch an amphibious assault on the North Eastern island with boats tomorrow.

The unofficial RPS Rising Storm group!

Activated Node
    I've got an AKM right now. Certainly good for up close. Should I be searching around for a DMR or something like that? Either way I'm going to get murderized but I'll probably be more useful in the vanguard with the AK (hopefully I'll do some murderizing myself first).

Activated Node

Links:
    Just found a helicopter crash site on this server so I'm geared up with an FN-FAL with night vision now. Badly need a transfusion though

If you guys want to raid with us today, we will start gathering at 19:30 BST or something and start as soon as we have enough people and equipment.

The unofficial RPS Rising Storm group!

Activated Node Proctor Eldritch's Avatar

Unhappy

Some of us (me, Ivan, Waffly and some other people) have been playing DayZ Lingor. Currently, it's very good, no hackers,it's playable./
    While we were all trying to meetup at the prison, someone ran a kill script on the server. Everything fell apart shortly afterwards. Damned hacking assholes.

Activated Node
    Really? Well, that was the first case of hacking in Lingor that I have heard about. Also, sorry guys for not being able to come and raid, but quests are quests.

Activated Node
    Had a pretty neat moment in Lingor last night. Tired Hippo had found a white GAZ in the jungle near the Rapido racetrack, fueled-up and all green. As our other white GAZ had been attacked by a ninja rock, Sander and I met up with Hippo and we went to take this car.

We all ran up to it. Someone got in, and all of a sudden we all died. As I collapsed I saw (but didn't hear) smoke and flame from the car—it had been booby trapped with a satchel charge, whose owner must've been lying in wait in the jungle nearby.

It was pretty annoying to die suddenly like that, but encountering an actual car bomb in DayZ was pretty cool.

Activated Node Proctor Eldritch's Avatar
    Really? Well, that was the first case of hacking in Lingor that I have heard about. Also, sorry guys for not being able to come and raid, but quests are quests.
    It's a shame, really.

Comrade and I were raiding the airfield at Calamar when I spotted a survivor in a ghillie suit running across the southern side of the air strip. I opened fire with my FN FAL while Comrade ran to the top of the control tower, AS50 in hand. While firing at the sniper, I thought I saw another survivor with him, but couldn't be sure. The sniper managed to kill Comrade, unfortunately. I sprinted back to the control tower and hid in the stairwell so I could murderize the sniper when he came to claim his kill.

Meanwhile, Oklahoma Jones had patched up a UAZ and managed to drop Comrade off at the airfield; it took them about ten minutes to arrive. In that ten minutes, someone managed to get behind the control tower and fired off several magazines at the horde of zeds outside. I sat inside the stairwell, heart pounding in my chest. Eventually I heard someone climb up the external ladder to the top of the control tower. Suddenly screams of agony let out. Whoever was in the top of the tower was being eaten by zeds! Comrade arrived shortly after and we both dashed to the top to see if this was indeed the sniper.

No. No. It was a survivor alright, but a female without a ghillie suit. As we looked around the control tower for anyone else, shots were fired at us from the North. Turns out the sniper did indeed have a friend, and I'd imagine he was pretty pissed about losing her. Comrade and I had two problems: the sniper somewhere in the north and a horde of zombies coming to the top of the tower. We managed to defend ourselves for near ten minutes, zeds still incoming.

Unfortunately, there was a third survivor in their party. He managed to get to the top of the tower whilst Comrade and I were distracted by zeds. He murderized us with an MP5.

Real ending here - Don't read unless you want to cheapen the story: He used a speedhack to rush to the top of the control tower. Comrade and I could have held out and survived this encounter, but some sore losers had to have their victory.

Activated Node
    Dhodgy and me spent the evening putting this baby back together: http://imgur.com/vLIqz

Lesser Hivemind Node
    I've been getting back into DayZ again lately, busily arming myself to the teeth again (day 15 of my current life). Seems like all the RPS folks play on this Lingor Island map now though, is this actually the case or are the Chernarus guys simply conspicuously silent?

Obscure Node
    Vfig, you still got the chopper then? I should be back on tomorrow morning.

Activated Node
    No, I logged in the next morning and it was gone. I eventually found it back where it had originally spawned, completely unrepaired. I don't know whether someone had taken and crashed it, or whether the server just didn't save it properly; but I didn't feel like investing the time to repair it again then.