Page 39 of 41 FirstFirst ... 293738394041 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Wonderstuff View Post
    Hey gents...been a while. Watching the Eurogamer stream at the moment and it brings back fond memories. May pick up the alpha.
    Oh wonderstuff how we've missed you, ever since that first moment we found you passing out in the trees outside stary right up until the moment you disappeared out of our helicopter and out of our lives haha! Send us your steam details and i'll let you know when we are playing if you get the alpha.

And Rig, you and your antics with the cz in the early days shooting at anyone that moved including your own friends! :) We shall meet again! Send me your steam details too if you want and i'll send you the mumble details that we play on.

I shall be on again tonight probably sketch if you're playing?

Activated Node
    Hey Purdz (or is it Snipes?) - great times indeed. Have got the alpha and have had a quick tootle around - stuff is quite rare and there are not many zeds. Actually was in the Eurogamer stream this afternoon having fun. I'll put you in my friends list.

Lesser Hivemind Node sketchseven's Avatar
    I am about an hour's backup away from swapping out HDD in my laptop, so I probably won't be around for a couple of days (taking opportunity to do fresh install of Mac OS and will be spending quite a long time redownloading software).

On the positive side of things, new shiny SSD drive.

Attack thenarrative like a radiant suicide
    Why does my character keep saying "oh fuck that hurts" and generally whinging? I thought he was cold but it doesn't seem to be that.... I got a few injuries from a zombie but bandaged them up. Haven't seen other players yet, a lonely trek through the interior.

Obscure Node
    I remember some very amusing times with you guys. I only drifted away thinking I'd return when the stand alone came out "in a few months". Look me up on steam (Caput_58), I'll be free for DayZ for the next few days. The Ugandan Liberation Front shall rise again.

So it's been funny.

While 6 of us were titting about in some backwards town with our axes we spot two unknown survivors. One we kill the other we capture and handcuff.

We test out the new blood bag mechanics on him by basically stealing all his blood. He wasn't too happy about that.

ULF medics are fully stocked in blood now!

Activated Node
    Ah! Sounds fun, despite all the issues. Is there a Steam group dedicated to the misadventures of the RPS ULFers yet?

Heck yes, ULF. My steam name is Oggnog, same picture, so go ahead and add me. I'm on vacation and just have my mobile on me, so I won't be able to accept until the weekend.

Obscure Node
    I miss my time in DayZ with the RPS community - so I hope it will pick back up again.

Activated Node
    Finally got off my ass and bought the game. Installing now. So there's no Rock, Paper, Zombie group on Steam that I'm missing? Either way, time to chop some zombie faces off!

Quote Originally Posted by Oklahoma Jones View Post
    Finally got off my ass and bought the game. Installing now. So there's no Rock, Paper, Zombie group on Steam that I'm missing? Either way, time to chop some zombie faces off!
    Honestly, I'm just not sure if it's worth getting in to right now. But you've already taken the leap so please report back with your findings.

Happy memories: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lFHg1Um1Zhk

Nim
    Steam: tryqus

Activated Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Nim.Was.Taken View Post
    Honestly, I'm just not sure if it's worth getting in to right now. But you've already taken the leap so please report back with your findings.

Happy memories: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lFHg1Um1Zhk

Nim
    Oh, it's definitely not worth getting into right now, from a gameplay perspective. Very very alpha...

However, several RL friends (along with RPS/RPZ/UFL) have got the game already so that'll be fun. Also, it isn't any worse than the mod was when I got it. Not to mention it won't ever be cheaper than this for a couple of years at least.

I shall report back! Maybe I can snowplow some unsuspecting bandit.

Activated Node
    I was going to come in here and say some nice things about the alpha. Then I logged in to a server and my 5-hour character was gone. Sigh.

That said, I'm geared up again and there are a lot of things that are improved over the mod. That makes me hopeful for the future. Inventory, zombie/player movement, weapon attachments/complexity, and more enterable buildings are all very nice things. All of those require more polishing, however. I do like the extra actions required in reloading a magazine. I feel like that may be the difference between life and death at times. Still a ton of jank in really basic things like looting and standing up; I'm hoping these things will be fixed.

The biggest issue for me right now is server hopping. I did it a bunch to get good gear and I hate that it's effective. I murdered a guy with my revolver when he spawned 2 feet from me in the jail. That could've been me! Looking forward to private hives/single servers to cut down on the sense that anyone could spawn in anywhere at any time.

Overall, a significant step forward. If I keep randomly losing characters, I may wait to play seriously for a few more patches. As of right now, I'm good to go (well, after New Year's, anyways).

I was weak and bought the standalone even though I know its a buggy mess. I stopped playing before the formation of the ULF but I was there for the early days so I may as well play in these early days as well :)

My ARMA name was Dr Secretion but my steam name is = which is impossible to find.

Hal 90,000 feel free to add me on Steam. I've been wandering solo for the past week but I'm going to team up wth two friends tomorrow. If we should meet in Chernarus I'd prefer to be friendly! Had my first survivor encounter where the other person wasn't immediately trying to kill me today. At night time, on Balota, both nervous as fuck :D It's already compelling, in a year it will be incredible.

Activated Node
    Shot a man at the North East Air Field. Don't think he had a gun but I was surprised to see him there (though not as surprised as he was to see me. It was night time and hard to see so I felt I had to shoot him or risk a nasty turn myself. Felt a bit sad for him as I don't usually kill the people I meet. I looted the entire airfield and found him in the last room of the last barracks. Glad I was creeping around, even though it was a low population night server.

On a separate note, Guba is a nice lonely place to loot, as is the train station NW of Lopatino. Really looking forward to the north being fleshed out. Also, gamma at night is still god mode. I really hope they fix that because the night is dark and full of terror. However, they really need to fix flashlights first (i.e. Make them controlled by a single key without having to go in my inventory).
    Last edited by Oklahoma Jones; 05-01-2014 at 02:43 PM.

I dunno, the countryside isn't always pitch black at night, if there's any kind of a moon it'll be pretty easy to see, not unlike turning gamma and brightness up in Dayz. I agree though, it is totally unfair if people don't change those values, there should be a way to balance it out.

I had a playy around today and I will be waiting a while until I go back. Its just too clunky.

I did meet a friendly player though so maybe the standalone won't become a deathmatch like the mod did.

Met a naked person in Berezino today who told us he had been molested by Jimmy Saville. My friend shot him by accident.

Activated Node
    I currently have two extra can openers in my possession (these little houses in Guba are just littered with them, apparently). If you'd like one, find me on Steam and we'll coordinate the handoff. If you get to me before I get murdered, of course.

Edit: Three extra can openers.
    Last edited by Oklahoma Jones; 09-01-2014 at 04:34 AM.