Network Hub

[AAR] Tactical Tuesday 15/05/2012 Vehicular Manslaughter

- Fired Up
    - Belanus
    - Garbagemen
    - Cacheola

Thanks to all for the great session, much death and success was had. Thanks especially to all the new guys who turned up it was great to have the high player count (I think we broke 40) so please come visit us again.

Post your stories and thoughts below.

We are going to need some more missions :P

Obscure Node
    Fired Up

Missed out on this mission.

Belanus

Just managed to catch the end of this mission in JIP slot. Toppometer gave me a lift (and others) from spawn to catch up with the others. Blew up some Oil Tanks and that was the end.

Garbagemen

Null's mission was pretty good but needed more zest and CHAAAAAAARGE from everyone.

Plan was head into town, kill all enemies, blow up caches and then leg it to the evac. We didn't even make it to town...

I played as an PMC engineer (with the same skin in Day Z) with Ivan as my minion. We were ordered by the commander to fix any broken vechs. Unfortunately our friendly BTR was blown to smitherens and couldn't be fixed nor replaced.

Everybody attacked with bridal rage. Then the hinds flew in and took most of us out. I managed to chuck some orange smoke then died by enemy fire.

Ivan was crawling around dodging the enemy's tanks treads. Then got shot.

Cacheola

PvP match. Not really a big fan of PvPin` but Tactical Tuesday made this fun and tense.

Plan was Indie Coffee Shop Owners defend caches from the Americana Tea Drinking Association. Bodge was my leader and followed his commands. Me and Bodge planted IEDs in different locations, marking it so our side know where they were.

Suddenly, we heard gun fire from the villa. One of the comrades was killed and the fellows were under heavy fire. There was nothing we could do for them. Suddenly, everything went to hell in the southern side.

The enemy blow up the caches in the south. Kefirz managed to take over a broken humvee with the gun still working next to the very last cache, I was the distraction... or so I thought.

Somehow, StrangLove blew up 3 of his own men while providing a good distraction. He did apologize for blowing up the building I was in.

I decided to use ingame VON to "lure" the enemies in. Killed 2 of them before I was taken out. Kefirz downed some men but alas, was shot by the sneaky Americanos. Americanos won, the Indie Coffee Shop Owners lost.

Overall, a good session was had. Looking forward to more in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by x25killa View Post

Somehow, StrangLove blew up 3 of his own men while providing a good distraction. He did apologize for blowing up the building I was in.
    It's those faulty American Satchel-charges, I tell you!
    I'm Respecting your culture!

Obscure Node
    Quote Originally Posted by StrangLove View Post
    It's those faulty American Satchel-charges, I tell you!
    DAMN AMERICANOS AND THEIR FAULTY HARDWARE! It was a nice house. Was going to have a family there. Have a farm, grow veggies.
    Last edited by x25killa; 15-05-2012 at 11:03 PM. Reason: I bugger up the Postal Quota System.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    I really enjoyed last night, I forgot how much fun being a medic is. I would suggest one thing though: smoke grenades for medics. There were a couple of times when I could have really used some of them, and there was almost no one else around to cover me while I was healing people. (Might as well ask for a VSS while I m asking for things).

I almost ragequit during Cacheola when I was laying on a roof to see where the Americanos are coming from. Suddenly I came under fire and made for the door so I can go down and relocate, when Arma decided I should stand up in order to cross the door threshold and of course I was hit by bullets. How much more embarrassing can a death get? I was raging!

Edit: It was nice seeing so many new(ish) people.
    Last edited by kataras; 16-05-2012 at 11:22 AM. Reason: I forget things

Quote Originally Posted by kataras View Post
    I really enjoyed last night, I forgot how much fun being a medic is. I would suggest one thing though: smoke grenades for medics. There were a couple of times when I could have really used some of them, and there was almost no one else around to cover me while I was healing people. (Might as well ask for a VSS while I m asking for things).

I almost ragequit during Cacheola when I was laying on a roof to see where the Americanos are coming from. Suddenly I came under fire and made for the door so I can go down and relocate, when Arma decided I should stand up in order to cross the door threshold and of course I was hit by bullets. How much more embarrassing can a death get? I was raging!

Edit: It was nice seeing so many new(ish) people.
    So that was you? I wondered why you would get up under fire. Guess we got you then. :P
    Snatching defeat from the jaws of victory since 1982.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Kelron's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kataras View Post
    Medics usually do have smoke, I definitely did on Belenus.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Wolfenswan's Avatar
    So that was you? I wondered why you would get up under fire. Guess we got you then. :P
    And I got you at that wall, you and your fireteam.

I was sure I had an IED, that's why I ran up to the HMMW but somehow I confused something :/

It was amazing to see the server so crowded, especially without it being a directly-scheduled event announced as a main post on the front page. New people: If you have any thoughts on how we can do things better, please share them. Donít be afraid to tell the chattier old salts to shut up and let you think for a moment or that things were unclear :)

Belenus:
    As Fox FTL I had two new faces and a crusty old Unaco in my squad. We were combined with Echo, lead by Tink, who had command of the two fireteams. For the first half of the mission we saw relatively little action as Alpha/Bravo and Charlie/Delta teams were spearheading things. We crossed the main road several times whilst command was rotating assignments and I was honestly kind of surprised we didn't get slaughtered doing so - that road was a clear kilometre long run straight down to the front door of the military base. When we reached the southernmost reaches of the Shapur-2 compound we'd had sporadic engagements, but never really had to worry as there were so many of us that the sheer volume of outgoing fire killed everything.

The enemy got the fight back in them when we reached that southern wall. Tink got sniped and Unaco got winged but the support teams (MMG, HMG, MAT, etc) helped us clear out the responsible parties. As the surviving FTL I took command of the section and relayed the orders we'd gotten for command: attack the front entrance of the military base, sweep through the gates, and meet up with the force that was penetrating the northern wall. Seeing no surviving hostile forces, I gave the command to waltz through the gate like "Big Guddamn Heroes". For the hell of it, I decided to jump on a formerly occupied static MG and scan around south -

Bullets whizzed in. Our seven brave men fell almost instantly. Two dead, four writhing. Myself, hanging onto the static machinegun, bleeding and dazed. Command couldn't get medics to us immediately. I emptied the magazine of the gun southwards and managed to put down two targets before I bled out.

A few minutes later the mission was called early as a complete success - all the enemy AI had been killed and there was nothing that could have stopped us from blowing up the targets.

Garbagemen:
    I wrote this mission and commanded it. In hindsight I made several mistakes:

• I didn't go through with my original detailed plan and tried to free-n-fast it so we weren't waiting around
    • I didn't pick the right support teams, preferring an infantry wave tactic (against tanks and choppers)
    • I mixed up the two-fireteam pairings that had been used in the previous missions by having a four-fireteam group and a two-fireteam group
    • I put too many goddamn enemies right in front of us

Despite this, the fireteam leaders did an excellent job of shepherding people to the front. The original plan was to have a support team to our west, consisting of Sniper, HMG and AA capabilities. This overwatch team was to look out for manned static weapons, resting vehicle crews and provide covering fire against any large infantry formations or possible attack choppers. Their firepower was to be supplemented by a BTR with HMG, giving them two HMGs, an AA launcher, a sniper rifle and the ability to relocate if they came under fire. They would have been exposed to vehicular assaults, but their role was primarily supposed to be providing support and information.

The front line was supposed to be infantry, with their RPG troops holding back a few steps from the main body and ready to act as a quick reaction force. Behind them I wanted Medium and Heavy AT teams, Medium MG team and the Engineers/Medics. Behind them, and providing close in fire support, I wanted the BTR-90s and BMP-2 armoured vehicles we had at our disposal. Those of you who played the mission might have thought that we had enough vehicles at the start for an armoured spearhead assault, but none of them had any real armour and.. Well, you saw how badly we got chewed up anyway.

In any event, what actually happened is we had the BMP and one BTR pull up the rear of the infantry, only to get popped immediately as we entered the woods. The sniper team snuck behind enemy lines but couldn't do much. The infantry, lacking in special weapons and taken unawares by MVD security/special forces in the woods, were slaughtered. To top it off, I got sniped quite early on.
    Then a pair of enemy Hinds swept in.

I am a bad commander and a... punishing mission designer.

I apologise for that being a bit of a flustercuck, but at least we saw a hell of a lot of hardware being thrown around. Right?

Cacheola:
    I was a lowly RPG gunner for this PVP mission. We hid in town until Blufor breached the perimeter and took out the first cache. They swiftly moved to our adjacent cache and blew that up too. I was lucky enough to see several blufor troops down a street from my vantage point, and having decided I was unlikely to survive to see any HMMWVs, let fly with my rocket. It killed one man and made several others panic. I then lost an exchange of rifle fire and had to crawl to safety. A friendly face patched me up, but as we moved north to rendezvous with the rest of the defending team we were both blown up. By the defending Commander, StrangLove.

I guess he died early in Garbagemen.
    Mumble :: Thread :: Click to Join

Fired Up
    I was an AR in alpha squad, we were on the western side of the road, in cover behind some rocks. I was ordered to engage enemy trucks and slaughter the infantry with my MG as they piled up. That went well, and I think I actually blew up a truck with my MG fire. We didn't have any casualties I think, the only death was someone at the very start, who got run over by a friendly BMP.

Belenus
    I was in MMG support squad. First time "in command", basically I had no idea what I was doing, thankfully my assistant gunner, Toppometer, took over (thanks for that btw). We were supporting the forward advance, and we had to lay fire down the road. We moved from roof to roof, killing a lot of far away dots on the horizon. Then as we got closer to the main base, i got shot from somewhere and the second gunner died. Thankfully Bodge patched me up, but I missed the main assault on the main base.

Garbagemen
    Ooh, this massacre. I was in Charlie squad. We were moving up to the enemy town, through a forested valley, suddenly, bullets started flying all around me, luckily I had a big rock in front of me, so I hid behind it. I tried to get a bearing on the enemy fire, but couldn't see anything because of the trees, something heavy was shooting at me, could have been a heavy MG. A minute later, nobody was responding on group VON, they were all dead.
    Then I saw the horrible picture - lots of dead and wounded comrades all around me. As soon as the shooting stopped, I hurried to patch up a wounded friendly. I started patching him up, he said "Thank you" and then boom, im dead.

Cacheola
    My favorite mission in this session. I was in BLUFOR. Our job was to approach the town from the west and destroy the weapons caches. I was a gunner in a Humvee, when we approached the town, the rest of the squad disembarked, while I stayed in the Humvee as support. I think I fired the first shot in this mission, as I saw an insurgent running beside a building, don't think I killed him, though. I opened fire on some insurgents on the roofs, and killed one who was in the open, and then whoosh, an RPG flew right by me, lucky me I guess. Then I heard an order from my FTL that I need to support them immediately, so I moved up deeper into the town. Some insurgents appeared and opened fire on my squad as I was looking the other way. My squad was killed, and I was the only one left. I raged and started spraying my MG in the general enemy direction. I think there were 4 or 5 insurgents, they were all shooting at me from different directions, but the armored machine gun nest saved me. I tried to back away, but my wheels were already borked. I made my last stand, killed one guy who was crawling to my Humvee (Wolfenswan, was that you?)
    ,then someone climbed to the roof and shot me from above, where there was no armor.
    Last edited by Halop; 17-05-2012 at 08:02 PM.