Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Tea? TEA!

Activated Node
    Looked up growing tea today. Found out it takes 3 years. Another project to attempt some day.

Twinings Earl Grey is very good, as is Typhoo. I've never actually drank loose tea, I can't be bothered with all that fuss, but I have milk and 2 sugars if I have Typhoo, Milk and a tiny bit of sugar if it's Earl Grey, or if I'm feeling particularly bourgeois, a slice of lemon.

Dunking's fine with tea bags, but not with fine blends. Digestives are my dunking biscuit of choice.
    "It's not just a fact, it's cold, hard speculation."

Banned
    I like my tea when it is not tea and is instead hot chocolate.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Kadayi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by R-F View Post
    I like my tea when it is not tea and is instead hot chocolate.
    *closes the door on the Iron Maiden on R-F*
    Why yes you're right I'm deliciously evil

Tradition is the tyranny of dead men

Steam:Kadayi Origin: Kadayi GFWL: Kadayi

Probable Replicant

*blush* I'm flattered by the attention boys, but please let's not make the thread about liddle old me

Quote Originally Posted by Finicky View Post
    Kadayi will remain the worst poster on the interwebs.
    Gifmaster 4000 2014 Year of the Gif

Quote Originally Posted by Kadayi View Post
    *closes the door on the Iron Maiden on R-F*
    *Kicks Iron Maiden into bubbling vat of tea*
    "It's not just a fact, it's cold, hard speculation."

Banned
    No! The terrible taste and smell! Wry~~~

Lesser Hivemind Node
    I'll take the odd bit of Earl Grey (read: when stealing from flatmates), but usually stick with something more simple. No sugar (formerly did have it, but I soon realised that using sugar would involve carting yet another item back from the shops), milk after removal of teabag. Dunking acceptable as long as the biscuit is not prone to complete disintegration upon merely seeing water - I don't want slush at the end of my cuppa!

I get horribly confused when, upon hearing that I drink tea in copious amounts, people drag me to their tea cupboard and show me their 50 types of greenfruitloosetea. The conversation generally ends with "...so where's the normal teabags?"

Obscure Node
    I'm a tea and coffee drinker, although I tend to drink more coffee (about 10/15 glasses a day - 'cause, yeah, I kinda broke my awesome cups a while back). That's probably due to the fact that I'm a smoker, and, let's face it : coffee and cigarette is an OP 2-hits combo.
    I'm heavily biased towards black tea, any kind will do. I once tasted an amazing gunpower though, but I have no idea where it actually came from (my dad told me he got it from "a Chinese friend", didn't seem to want to elaborate on that). No sugar nor milk, but if it rains outside, it tastes better (or it doesn't, but it feels good nonetheless).