Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Tea? TEA!

Saw this today:

Do want, even though it's terribly gimmicky.
    to wound the autumnal city.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus laneford's Avatar
    "If you are cold, tea will warm you; if you are too heated, it will cool you; if you are depressed, it will cheer you; if you are excited, it will calm you" - Gladstone.

And I nicked that from a Twinings box.

Incidentally my new discovery is Clipper Fairtrade Assam and Vanilla, which sounds horrible but is in fact glorious.

Let's open a kettle shop in Sweden.

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by Kablooie View Post
    I can tell you, that for coffee, the best way to brew it is with forced steam. Period. Drip method can't touch it. I use an espresso maker, just don't load it up that strong, and it's wonderful.
    Drip is lame, yes, but ze french press is even better than the espresso maker. Have you tried it?

Also, I found a rooibos with chocolate chips in it. Is this awesome? Y/N

Quote Originally Posted by Anthile View Post
    Saw this today:
    Do want, even though it's terribly gimmicky.

I'll see your shark, and raise you a diver: http://store.yankodesign.com/new-designs/tea-diver

Activated Node
    Put teabag in mug while kettle is boiling. When kettle is boiled, fill cup. Allow the tea to brew. Strain teabag with spoon before removing. Add dash of milk. Allow to cool slightly. Consume while stroking beard.

Alternatively, put tea-leaves into pre-warmed teapot or directly into mug. Pour boiling water into teapot or mug. If using mug, allow to brew then add dash of milk. If using teapot, allow to brew, pour into teapot, add dash of milk. Allow to cool slightly. Consume while stroking beard.

My desk drawer:

The next drawer has two boxes of Killa Kans and some ibuprofen. Maybe some work stuff -- who knows?
    Last edited by Jams O'Donnell; 23-06-2011 at 12:31 PM.

Activated Node
    A heathen's guide to tea:

Email colleague to arrange to meet in kitchen. While waiting for her, put tebag (Yorkshire Gold) in mug, add a little milk and fill with hot water from boiler. Banter with colleague for 5 minutes. Squeeze teabag against side of mug with spoon, remove from mug and drop into organic waste bin. Return to desk and drink while staring incomprehendingly at whatever I'm supposed to be working on. Repeat process in about an hour's time.

Also:

While I'm not that big a tea addict, my girlfriend is. That's why we have 3 drawers full of fresh (dried) tea leaves, herbs and mixtures. I rarely drink plain English blend tea because of this luxery. Though my current favorite isn't really a tea at all: Just slice a bit of ginger, chop it up into tiny (though not too tiny) bits and add hot boiling water --> delicious ginger "tea" ! Favourites beside that: Green tea with lemon grass, Rooibos chai and a mix called "weather and wind" (and yes, it's a silly name, since wind is part of the weather anyway)

We Dutch don't do milk in tea either, that tradition died with my grandparents death ;). And we also follow the Swedes and Finnish closely with our massive coffee consumption. Which I prefer made in a perculator, a great Italian invention!
    Mijn Uitlaatklep - My (Dutch) blog about games, music and more

At home we (that's the wife, myself and out eldest daughter) drink Clipper Everyday Fairtrade tea. My wife won't touch any other tea at home, and always moans after visiting: "Their tea was horrid, you can tell it wasn't Clipper".

I also enjoy Mr Scruff's Mint & Chilli tea. Really refreshing.

Quote Originally Posted by Skalpadda View Post
    I'm from Sweden, which is very much a coffee culture (unless the Finns have passed us again we drink the most coffee per capita in the world). Tea drinking is often regarded with some amount of suspicion.
    It's as bad here. The coffee people sometimes even get annoyed and hostile toward the few of us tea drinkers.

Green tea for me, preferably with some extra flavour stuff but anything green goes. Black tea only if green is not available. But those Lipton teabags in yellow packaging are probably coffee drinkers evil plan against tea - that stuff is hideous.

Quote Originally Posted by Streamy View Post
    Lemon tea. No honey. Why do people like honey in tea!? It's better without. Someone back me up on this!
    Honey is better than sugar
    Why are you wearing that stupid human suit?

Obscure Node
    I put a small amount of milk in with the tea bag (See tea expert Guy Martin explaining emusion Vs Mixture) fill with boiling water, add sugar, add additional milk.

Lovely. I'm off to but the kettle on.

Quote Originally Posted by Streamy View Post
    Both are gross.
    Agreed. I want to get a hot water tap next to my desk, nothing interrupts my gaming more than reaching for my mug only to find it empty. I could just keep a pound of English Breakfast and a glass of milk on my desk and potentially go all day.

Network Hub
    I am a coffee and a tea drinker. Although, in the mornings I am mostly a coffee drinker. I am extremely festidious about the way my coffee is made and won't let anyone make it for me. The coffee at work is horrid so it requires precise amounts of coffee, water and milk for it to taste ok.

As for Tea I drink it fairly often but not as often as coffee, but a saying that a great mug of tea trumps the best coffee hands down. I'm just crap at making it.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sinister agent's Avatar
    Clipper tea is an old favourite. Twinningses Assam is quite nice. Saisnbury's red label is lovely and can be bought in enormous quantities, but I haven't bought it for years.

Strong with a little milk. Weak and/or sugary tea is satan.

I like Iced Tea, but not Sweet Tea, no dairy (cows are for eating not milking)
    Why are you wearing that stupid human suit?

Activated Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Rossi View Post
    I am a coffee and a tea drinker. Although, in the mornings I am mostly a coffee drinker. I am extremely festidious about the way my coffee is made and won't let anyone make it for me. The coffee at work is horrid so it requires precise amounts of coffee, water and milk for it to taste ok.
    Oh, I only ever drink tea at work, because it gives me a legitimate reason to hang around the kitchen gassing for five minutes or so; when I'm at home it's coffee all the way, baby. On a lazy weekend morning I'll have a cafetiere of strong coffee with my breakfast, and in the afternoon I like to make a cappuccino with the frothy coffee maker, with a double shot of espresso and a few teaspoons of chocolate powder stirred in.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus vinraith's Avatar
    I have recently discovered that Kenya Milima Estate is one of my favorite black teas of all time. Sweet, rich, with virtually no bitterness, I really can't recommend it highly enough if you enjoy black tea. Oh, and it ices really well, too.

Lesser Hivemind Node TillEulenspiegel's Avatar
    Oh, oh! I found a German tea brand that isn't awful and tastes like tea. A small miracle. Captains Tea, "Ceylon Assam", made for the discounter chain Netto. I think it was really cheap, about a Euro for 50 bags. Perfectly decent substitute for English breakfast tea; I've been surviving on it for the past few days.