While the game was actually developed by Big Huge Games, their parent company 38 Studios is going down in flames and it's gonna cost Rhode Island taxpayers a lot.
- 38 borrows 75 million dollars from the state
- can't pay back, already defaulted on May 1st
- Curt Schilling asks for more money
- CEO is in maternity leave
- both the company and the state officials refuse to comment
- if 38 is closed, all its IPs and assets will be owned by the state who will auction them
The curse of Big Huge Games strikes again!
Related: Schilling said that KoA received two DLCs but no patch because EA forced them to do so. They weren't going to partner with EA for the MMO.
Here's a list of related news from Joystiq, for more juicy details.