Secondary Hivemind Nexus Kadayi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Subatomic View Post
    It's (mostly) Irish, what do you expect? :P
    Couldn't find Deohn anywhere tbh.
    Why yes you're right I'm deliciously evil

Tradition is the tyranny of dead men

Steam:Kadayi Origin: Kadayi GFWL: Kadayi

Probable Replicant

*blush* I'm flattered by the attention boys, but please let's not make the thread about liddle old me

Quote Originally Posted by Finicky View Post
    Kadayi will remain the worst poster on the interwebs.
    Gifmaster 4000 2014 Year of the Gif

He who controls the Doge controls the universe

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Ravelle's Avatar
    Was to be expected but still really a bummer for people that had issues with the game.

A patch for Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning had been in the works at 38 Studios, lead designer Ian Frazier has explained, but due to the developer's collapse you'll never get to apply it. Though the RPG was released back in February, mysterious "issues" meant work on the patch couldn't start until it was too late.
    Thanking fans for their well-wishes, Frazier took to the Reckoning forums to apologize for the lack of a patch and explain what happened to it.

It's something we very much wanted to do, but various issues outside our control (which unfortunately I'm not at liberty to disclose) prevented us from doing so for a long time. Finally we received clearance to do a PC-only patch, which wasn't ideal (we wanted to do a patch on all platforms) but it was better than nothing.

The patch was to pack two new difficulty modes, a jazzed-up camera, bug fixes, and other gubbins. Sadly, Frazier says, "barring some sort of miracle, it is highly unlikely that any patch for Reckoning will ever see the light of day."
    He added, "While I consider Reckoning a very strong game and not especially buggy, that's not the same as saying that it's perfectly balanced or bug-free, and it kills me that I'll never get the chance to correct any of its issues."
    Steam | Origin: xRavelle | Skype: TheRavelle | PSN: Voltburn | Watch me struggle through my backlog

Network Hub
    HTML Code:
    http://forums.gametrailers.com/thread/kingdom-of-amalur-fov-fix--wor/1275972
    This edits the FOV in the game, and makes it kind of bearable for the Steam version of the game. And studio no longer exists, I'm pretty sure you won't get ban-spanked or anything.

Sadly I do not own the Steam version.

NOTE : Have no idea what the fix does. I am not connected to it in any way. Just found it on my regular trawling the webz.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus SirKicksalot's Avatar
    On Saturday, May12, Schilling says, 38 Studios learned that the president of a video-game publishing company had approved a $35-million deal to publish the sequel to Reckoning, and was going to his company’s executive committee that week for the money. But Chafee’s comments killed the deal, Schilling says.
    The company also says Chafee’s public comments derailed discussions that 38 Studios says it was having with another publisher for a $55-million deal on Project Copernicus, as well as a venture capitalist about additional financing.
    38 Studios declined to identify the would-be investors, citing confidentiality.

More here

Who the hell would spend so much money on the MMO?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Nalano's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SirKicksalot View Post
    Who the hell would spend so much money on the MMO?
    AAA MMOs cost a lot of money.
    Nalano H. Wildmoon
    Director of the Friends of Nalano PAC
    Attorney at Lawl
    "His lack of education is more than compensated for by his keenly developed moral bankruptcy." - Woody Allen

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Hypernetic's Avatar
    Didn't the state give them the loan because they wanted to bring more jobs to RI, boost the local economy, and other related things? Why didn't they just give 38 a reprieve on the loan for a few months or something until they got things worked out.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Nalano's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hypernetic View Post
    Didn't the state give them the loan because they wanted to bring more jobs to RI, boost the local economy, and other related things? Why didn't they just give 38 a reprieve on the loan for a few months or something until they got things worked out.
    Likely that happened behind the scenes and this is the result.
    Nalano H. Wildmoon
    Director of the Friends of Nalano PAC
    Attorney at Lawl
    "His lack of education is more than compensated for by his keenly developed moral bankruptcy." - Woody Allen

Lesser Hivemind Node Winged Nazgul's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hypernetic View Post
    As I understand it, the original deal was brokered by a previous governor. The current one was against the loan and voted against it in the first place.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Hypernetic's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Winged Nazgul View Post
    As I understand it, the original deal was brokered by a previous governor. The current one was against the loan and voted against it in the first place.
    That explains a lot.