Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by squirrel View Post
    I am still confused. Does Diablo 3 really has a singleplayer? If it does, WFC who cheat in singleplayer?
    This is about peoples gold, loot and progress being wiped out when they log back in, not people using hacks to benefit themselves.

@Unaco

The only reason their account was compromised was that it was online. If it had been single player or a closed server then their account would never have been exposed to outsiders. They wouldn't of even needed an account if it wasn't for the drm nonsense.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by psyk View Post
    Expect more out of an op than a link not for it to read like one of those game of throne spam threads. kinda like what you posted SX
    Nope, just forum posts as far as I can tell.

"OOOO look free gold, just need to enter my account details, yeah why not, NOOOOO I'VE BEEN HACKED"
    Phising is normally the case and jumping to conclusions as much as the op and others in this thread just not the conclusion that you want people to jump to.
    http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/4926494155

Lmao yeah shit like this this is why i lean towards phishing or user stupidity before thinking it could be an actual hack.

kandon prob that it was hacked and blizz are the evil that is destroying the gaming community.

EDIT
    If it's a real hack I doubt the process will stay hidden for long
    You contradicted yourself like 3 times over 4 posts. How the fuck is that possible?

Also, really this reminds me of RIFT. LOADS of people were getting hacked and finding 50-60 gold missing every time they logged on. Just a small amount, but enough to be noticeable after awhile or if you look at your gold count before you log out.

A MASSIVE thread started on the Rift forum with a lot of players complaining about it. Everyone was like "ITS YOUR FAULT YOU SHOULDNT BUY GOLD" etc.

It took a random programmer to find out how it was done. There was a security flaw in the logging in system such that, when you logged in, a person could pick up your username and password and log in through sniffing.

This looks to be close to the same thing.

Network Hub
    I'm leaning towards it being phishing or user stupidity (keyloggers) and I also gave the users a slight benefit of doubt by saying if it is a hack (I don't think it is) it wont stay hidden for long.

Not sure why you quoted all those posts seeing as they don't even back up your claim.

Lmao people downloading sketchy programs are unlikely to admit to it, kinda like how cheaters on game forums try to make it look like they are legit when trying to get unbanned ;)
    Last edited by psyk; 20-05-2012 at 01:33 PM.

Banned
    I'm leaning towards it being phishing or user stupidity (keyloggers) and I also gave the users a slight benefit of doubt by saying if it is a hack (I don't think it is) it wont stay hidden for long.

Not sure why you quoted all those posts seeing as they don't even back up your claim.
    Because you kept switching your opinions or making yourself a hypocrite?

Network Hub
    Lmao people downloading sketchy programs are unlikely to admit to it, kinda like how cheaters on game forums try to make it look like they are legit when trying to get unbanned ;)
    People are extremely honest when their lvl 60 character is on the line. They want to know what happened so they can fix it. If it were just a couple of people I could agree with you, but I can't believe that many people both fell foul of phishing/downloaded 3rd party software AND neglected to mention it when trying to get their progress back.

Network Hub
    Really what opinion did I change? adding

If it's a real hack I doubt the process will stay hidden for long
    Doesn't mean I've changed my opinion of it being phising (If you download a keylogger that is on the lvl of being phised in my eyes)

Banned

Doesn't mean I've changed my opinion of it being phising (If you download a keylogger that is on the lvl of being phised in my eyes)
    Phising is normally the case and jumping to conclusions as much as the op and others in this thread just not the conclusion that you want people to jump to.

"OOOO look free gold, just need to enter my account details, yeah why not, NOOOOO I'VE BEEN HACKED"
    > Tells others not to jump to conclusions.
    > Jumps to conclusions.

Network Hub
    Now your just making things up, where did I say not to jump to conclusions? you need to reread the thread.

EDIT
    Is sweet your getting angry at your op getting called shit though ;)

EDIT
    And as you chose the following quotes as evidence

You can bold the parts you think help your case.
    ref -
    > Tells others not to jump to conclusions.
    > Jumps to conclusions.
    Last edited by psyk; 20-05-2012 at 02:01 PM.

Network Hub
    I wonder if my stuff has been taken. I'd check, but I can't play my game because Blizzard has taken the servers down for maintenace. I really hate the fact that they have my money.

Network Hub
    Why did you give it to them in the first place you knew what was going to happen yet you gave them your money, WHY?

Network Hub
    I think regardless of whether this is phishing/keylogging or a direct hack of Blizzard's servers.
    This incident would not have occurred without the always-online requirement, because instead of your character being stored on Blizzard's servers and linked to your account, it would have been stored on your local machine, in one of those crazy old school save files.

The RMAH gives your Diablo 3 items genuine value so now it is a target for exploitation.

Edit: Also note any "stolen" items which go on to be sold (which is very likely) Blizzard gets a cut of.
    Last edited by byteCrunch; 20-05-2012 at 02:11 PM.

Banned
    Is Psyk the Blizzard Defence League or something?

Network Hub
    Ahhhh that is cute

If I buy a mouldy loaf of bread that is advertised as such I don't then complain the bread is mouldy.

Banned
    There you go, kiddo. :D Carry on waving that Blizzard flag.

Ahhhh that is cute

If I buy a mouldy loaf of bread that is advertised as such I don't then complain the bread is mouldy.
    Ah, right, Blizzard advertised, "You will get hacked, lose all your progress and get 0 support off of us."

So true.

Network Hub
    People tend to not qoute when replying to posts directly above them, with that in mind go read the second post you quoted again but this time in context.

EDIT
    LMAO that link is one hell of a connecting device ;)
    Last edited by psyk; 20-05-2012 at 02:26 PM.

Banned
    People tend to not qoute when replying to posts directly above them, with that in mind go read the second post you quoted again but this time in context.

EDIT
    LMAO that link is one hell of a connecting device ;)
    Are you a native English speaker?

Network Hub
    Nice response, how old are you 12?

EDIT
    will let you work out what link as I think it will stretch the abilities of your brain to the limits.

One of the supposed "hackers"
    http://us.battle.net/d3/en/search?f=...1226&sort=time
    Last edited by psyk; 20-05-2012 at 02:43 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Hurrah for jumping to conclusions, but err, isn't the D3 account login just your BattleNet login? If these accounts were created by people who were just playing D3 and not SC2 or WoW, then it's a problem with BattleNet and should have been apparent before now. My best guess? WoW accounts get hacked a lot through all sorts of means (phishing, gold selling, etc) - sometimes a dormant WoW account gets hacked. Those login details would then have worked for D3. Either that, or someone just took the database from the Gawker hack or something similar and ran them all on the basis that it's such a big game they were bound to get a few hits.

No, had this not been an online game, it wouldn't have happened. But Blizzard are restoring people's stuff. Had this been an offline game and your computer crashed and corrupted your save files, or your mate deleted them for a lark, or you lost them when a hard-drive died, you wouldn't have that option. Swings and roundabouts.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus b0rsuk's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by palindrome View Post
    Hasn't the D3 launch gone swimmingly well.

If this is a genuine hack, and there is no reason to believe that it isn't, then what was the point of the always on requirement?
    Now your "single player" accounts can get hacked, too !