Network Hub

Premature Evaluation: Dead Realm

I dunno if its because of where I am viewing the article from, but I was a little disappointed you guys didn't do a Let's Play of this review :(

Especially as you talk about how great the game would be for this sort of thing :(

Infact... I would probably love to watch a whole series by you guys just larking about in horror games... for reviewing purposes of course. And... cake?

Network Hub
    I like this idea. Let's Try To Play Stranded Deep is one of my favourite videos.

I want to know how to play this Stranded Deep. Could you show us some videos here on how to play it.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus somini's Avatar
    *insert voice-of-reason comment about NO VIDEO CONTENT, keep that stuff to the young'uns*
    Steam(shots), Imgur, Flickr, Bak'laag, why do you forsake me?
    Quote Originally Posted by Wenz View Post
    Bin the .exes to get it high.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Grizzly's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by somini View Post
    *insert voice-of-reason comment about NO VIDEO CONTENT, keep that stuff to the young'uns*
    *offside comment regarding our collective favorite pasttime as indication of collective youthfullness*

Quote Originally Posted by Grizzly View Post
    *offside comment regarding our collective favorite pasttime as indication of collective youthfullness*
    *ironic side-swipe, setting up this commenter as a wise aged veteran, that invites younger readers to abandon this commenter's metaphorical lawn, increasingly ironic due to the fact that this commenter lacks in fact any type of plant possessions (other than the edible type, and only temporarily), let alone a yard where grass is planted. also, this commenter is not a aged, let alone wise; it might consider himself a veteran in the very same youthfulness pursuits that render the "GET OFF MY LAWN!" comment inappropriately aggrandizing*
    *optional posting of images from the film Gran Torino, featuring Clint Eastwood wielding a M1 Garand and inviting, nay, FORCING the second lead to abandon his not-metaphorical lawn, thus running the metaphor into the ground, not to mention the lack of context for that scene (that this commenter is completely oblivious to)*

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Offside!!

Actually, RPS keeps going on about how they're worried aboutbeing made obsolete by youtubers and how they are experimenting with video ut don't really know what to do with it.
    Maybe the way to go would be for them to record their reviewing experiences and append any intersting bits that occur to their written articles.
    I don't want them to make the videos essential to understand the topic at hand.. bit if they write about a funny moment, or a game breaking bug, or something like that then why not upload a few clips of those bits.

(the recent work of Quinns and Marsh has actually warmed me to the value of video content for entertainment/informing... but the simple fact is that it's much less efficient than the written word in terms of time and also I can't access it about 90% of the time (at work, on crappy phone, etc..). I can bookmark 1-2 video posts a week to watch on my home PC, but more than that becomes tricky. So, mostly, not video as an essential component, but video as a footnote/enhancement to the written word)

Quote Originally Posted by BillButNotBen View Post
    Offside!!

(the recent work of Quinns and Marsh has actually warmed me to the value of video content for entertainment/informing... but the simple fact is that it's much less efficient than the written word in terms of time and also I can't access it about 90% of the time (at work, on crappy phone, etc..). I can bookmark 1-2 video posts a week to watch on my home PC, but more than that becomes tricky. So, mostly, not video as an essential component, but video as a footnote/enhancement to the written word)
    I fully agree with you here. I like RPS because of it's writing, not because of videos I can't watch on my Phone or at work and then forget to watch at a later time. Skimming through an article I might otherwise not have read at all is a lot better than a video I'll probably skip anyway.
    Want to add me on Steam? Steam name: Mr. Gert

Guild Wars 2 characters: Norgothus (Norn Necromancer), Maggrivo (Charr Warrior)

Quote Originally Posted by Fumarole View Post
    Never go full Wulf.

Network Hub
    I think words should be primary, but ignoring video altogether would be unwise, I think.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Grizzly's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by somini View Post
    *Quote of Somini's Post*
    *Riposte!*

Quote Originally Posted by Grizzly View Post
    *Riposte!*
    Well, you fight like a cow!

Network Hub
    Eeeeee

Maybe my comment was taken the wrong way. I didn't mean "Hey, I want a video review instead of words!" I like words... I think humour comes across better in words.

What I would liked to have seen, and would like to see alot of, is the RPS crew not doing video reviews, but finding a game they like, getting together and videocasting them playing it in a social way... with beer or wine or vodka. And just having fun.

And if they look like they are having fun, surely it would be fun to watch.

Network Hub
    In defence of videos, Marsh Davies' Fail Forwards remain top. notch.

Quote Originally Posted by Estel View Post
    In defence of videos, Marsh Davies' Fail Forwards remain top. notch.
    As a video hater, I concur. Marsh Davies is general, his videos are just icing on the cake.

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by Tykh02 View Post
    Eeeeee
    What I would liked to have seen, and would like to see alot of, is the RPS crew not doing video reviews, but finding a game they like, getting together and videocasting them playing it in a social way... with beer or wine or vodka. And just having fun.
    I think something like that could be entertaining, but I think the RPS crew are quite widely scattered these days. Maybe there's a technological way round it.