Profile spammers

It seems that there is a new spamming technique that involves filling a lot of inactive users' profile with spam as "visitor messages"
    Evidence A
    Evidence B

I thought admins should know.

The amount is alarming but it's nothing new, at least not on my profile.
    - If the sound of Samuel Barber's "Adagio For Strings" makes you think of Kharak burning instead of the Vietnamese jungle, most of your youth happened during the 90s. -

I assume the admins do know because at least the mods are getting spammed by email reports. No idea if there is anything done against it, maybe Jams O'Donnell can comment on this.

Problem is that we can only delete the messages and ban temporarily. Jim needs to be called in every time, and he doesnt have too much time.
    - Tom De Roeck.

verse publications

"Quantacat's name is still recognised even if he watches on with detached eyes like Peter Molyneux over a cube in 3D space, staring at it with tears in his eyes, softly whispering... Someday they'll get it."

"It's frankly embarrassing. The mods on here are woeful."

"I wrinkled my nose at QC being a mod."

"At least he has some personality."

Quote Originally Posted by QuantaCat View Post
    Problem is that we can only delete the messages and ban temporarily. Jim needs to be called in every time, and he doesnt have too much time.
    Maybe Jim could delegate some of his authority, so it can be dealt with more efficiently?
    Want to add me on Steam? Steam name: Mr. Gert

Quote Originally Posted by L_No View Post
    Maybe Jim could delegate some of his authority, so it can be dealt with more efficiently?
    thats the plan, but I only just got back from a vacation and Jams, who usually takes care of that, seems to be semi-gone as well.

Ill try again, but it might end up in mods having more power for emergencies, if that doesnt bother anyone.
    - Tom De Roeck.

verse publications

"Quantacat's name is still recognised even if he watches on with detached eyes like Peter Molyneux over a cube in 3D space, staring at it with tears in his eyes, softly whispering... Someday they'll get it."

"It's frankly embarrassing. The mods on here are woeful."

"I wrinkled my nose at QC being a mod."

"At least he has some personality."