Page 4 of 49 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    I am Mr Alec Meer, lord of hair Bonzrat's Avatar
    Hmm, there is supposed to be a response when people subscribe - something must have broken. Will look into it. Sorry about that, but seriously: thanks very much for subscribing!
    Peace through tyranny

Is that big Alice backdrop crashing everyone else's Flash plugin whenever it appears on the main site or is it just me? Using Firefox 4.

Yesterday, I must have reported 10, 15 maybe even 20 threads that either contained spam, or were just single-post threads by the spammer. I don't mind doing this obviously - But I had to wait 60 seconds between each report, which is incredibly boring; is there a point to delaying reports?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Jockie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Flint View Post
    Is that big Alice backdrop crashing everyone else's Flash plugin whenever it appears on the main site or is it just me? Using Firefox 4.
    Yeah, it doesn't crash it, but causes it to freeze for 3-4 minutes.
    I write about them video games at these locations

And on Twitter

I just wanted to say THANK YOU for the new site search function. The autocomplete on tags is the greatest thing that RPS ever added to the site, and I'm not kidding here.

Obscure Node
    The Alice flash adverts seem to be causing an unreasonably high processor load, I think it's just that there are too many.

Is there something you can say to sponsors along the lines of: "Please don't throw so many adverts at us that it makes the front page unbrowseable"?

Argh, so much spam. My offer to reup as a mod still stands.

Obscure Node
    Just wanted to point out: The comments on the seventh page of this thread don't show up. Posted a comment myself that failed to materialize to confirm the problem.
    Last edited by Acorino; 27-06-2011 at 07:31 PM.

I love this site! I used to be a primarily PC gamer when I was young (Doom and SimCity ate up nice chunks of my childhood) but was distracted by consoles for many years. Over the past couple of years I've had to get creative with my gaming habits as my income has pushed out the feasibility of buying one of the newer consoles but its brought me back to where I should have been in the first place.

I'm still new to RPS but it has become a must visit everyday. Thanks for the great articles and continuing to remind me that PC>Consoles.

Attack thenarrative like a radiant suicide
    The main site has gone mental for me, all the text appears on the left with the images appearing more to the right... Just in Chrome though, it's fine in IE and Opera...

RPS is SIMPLE. It feels so much more like a blog with fancy advertising rather than an actual website, something I dig. The interviews are the second best thing, with the articles (both updates and in-depth ones) also being rather well written.

Keep the casual style guys, it's why I'm here!

Obscure Node
    Love pretty much everything about RPS since discovering it nearly a year ago.

My single and only gripe is that with the proliferation of all the social networking gizmos on every post now the main page can take up to 2 minutes to load sometimes whilst it pings off to twitter, reddit and facebook etc. Perhaps moving them to *inside* the articles instead of having all of them on the main page would be a quick fix for that?...

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sinister agent's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Schaulustiger View Post
    I just wanted to say THANK YOU for the new site search function. The autocomplete on tags is the greatest thing that RPS ever added to the site, and I'm not kidding here.
    I only recently noticed this, but yes, me too - a very handy feature and seems to work well. Cheers.

Obscure Node
    Dear Sirs,

It appears recent tagged stories aren't turning up under their designated tags e.g the bioware tag doesn't contain the latest bioware related story. I noticed this when linking to stories related to the superlative VVVVVV (missing at least update & Humble Bundle stories).

Yours Faithfully,
    Snowclone

P.S. Apologies if this is a known issue, I was too lazy to search the forums but obviously not laziness enough to write this.
    Last edited by Snowclone; 27-07-2011 at 01:26 PM. Reason: Added cop out post scriptum.

Activated Node
    Just a random observation but the frontpage has intkeys.com ad which is rather weird actually. I haven't made my mind about these cd-key selling sites but still, weird to see such ad on RPS. What makes it slightly worse is the fact that they are advertising Deus Ex: HR on the ad. You can't actually activate Eastern European Deus Ex: HR cd-key on your EU/UK/US account - you have to give your account details to Intkeys so that they can activate it locally in their region.

On the plus side Intkeys.com seem to be one of the good guys in the cd-key selling business based on what I've read at various forums.

Obscure Node
    Is there any way RPS could force individuals to declare whether they have a vested interest in what they are commenting/posting on. For example; An employee of Company A commenting on a review of a product by Company A.

I don't think you could "force" neither enforce that kind of stuff. But in a related theme. I'd like (I don't know if it'd be a good thing) that comments from developers were somehow highlighted in a similar fashion of those from the hivemind.
    Given that there are several devs occasionally commenting (like Cliffsky or Derek Smart for example) it'd be nice not to miss their posts as they usually have some very interesting thoughts.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sinister agent's Avatar
    Might have been discussed already, but alas, I am lazy: The "RPS Feature" tab thing at the top of some updates: I've noticed that maybe twice, ever. I don't know if it's a big thing you want to draw attention to or not, but if it is, you should probably try another way to do it, because it's almost invisible where it is.

Perhaps you could have those updates use a bright pink background. And flashing gifs. And links to a 'webring' with 10,000 dead sites.

The ad for RO2:HoS makes me want a permanent 'light' option for RPS.

rps_wtf.jpg
    Are the main page header links borked for anyone else? It looks like there's text in the AoE:Online ad that's interfering with them.