Page 10 of 30 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast
    I just tried something like four times to comment on an RPS article. Each time it said my comment had been posted but even after waiting a while I do not see any of the comments I made. Is it normal for comments to take a long time to show up sometimes?

Obscure Node
    Does anyone know what's up with Kickstarter Katchup? Another Saturday without it. It was great feature!

Obscure Node
    I don't like that I joined the forums specifically to post about how I had to make a new username for the site after my password somehow got changed on my first one, only to not be able to comment on news articles with my new name, only to find that after joining the forums I can't even post a new thread about my grievances, and I doubt anybody's paying much attention here.

WHY ISN'T THERE A SUPPORT PAGE? Literally every other website with any kind of account has a support page if something weird is happening with your account, and it's pretty annoying that I seem to have been completely blocked from posting comments for no reason at all.

Can you explain a bit more clearly what the issue is, Xora?

Xora, the RPS forums were completely replaced in 2011, so if you had an account on the old forum it's defunct. News comments are on a completely separate account system that you need to sign up for. New forum accounts are restricted from creating topics to prevent forum spam, though I recently saw that a bot with 4 posts made a topic, so maybe it's not a 10 post requirement anymore.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Nalano's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobtree View Post
    Xora, the RPS forums were completely replaced in 2011, so if you had an account on the old forum it's defunct. News comments are on a completely separate account system that you need to sign up for. New forum accounts are restricted from creating topics to prevent forum spam, though I recently saw that a bot with 4 posts made a topic, so maybe it's not a 10 post requirement anymore.
    I think that the requirement still holds for every subforum except the one explicitly made to allow people to hawk their games in development.
    Nalano H. Wildmoon
    Director of the Friends of Nalano PAC
    Attorney at Lawl
    "His lack of education is more than compensated for by his keenly developed moral bankruptcy." - Woody Allen

Obscure Node
    Sorry, for clarification: I'm exclusively talking about the name you use to post comments on articles. I only signed up for the forums after I had problems so I could post here about it.

My original username was Shralla, and I had the same password since I made it, and I never changed it. Suddenly one day I just wasn't able to log in, not with my original password or any of my other passwords that I use for websites. I spent a couple weeks occasionally trying to sign in to comment only to be told that my password was wrong. So eventually I got fed up and made a new name, Xora, before I made this forum account. But when I sign in that name and post comments, none of them actually get posted at all. For some reason it says that I posted them but they're not there. And that's when I decided to come here.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Berzee's Avatar
    Whoa, when did the parchment error page get updated? It was probably forever ago but I only just noticed.
    Support for my all-pepperjack-cheese food bank charity drive has been lukewarm at best.

Can we get a PM inbox expansion?

pretty please?
    Looking for you daily bundle fix? Join us on The onward march of bundles
    Stalk my Steam profile, or follow my fight against the backlog on HowLongToBeat.

"You take the Klingon's detached hand"

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Nalano's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by alms View Post
    Can we get a PM inbox expansion?

pretty please?
    This must be why all my sweet nothings have been rebuffed.
    Nalano H. Wildmoon
    Director of the Friends of Nalano PAC
    Attorney at Lawl
    "His lack of education is more than compensated for by his keenly developed moral bankruptcy." - Woody Allen

Secondary Hivemind Nexus somini's Avatar
    Can we not have that big quote in the articles? I can create a script to remove it, but why is it there in the first place?
    Steam
    Bak'laag, why do you forsake me?

Quote Originally Posted by somini View Post
    Can we not have that big quote in the articles? I can create a script to remove it, but why is it there in the first place?
    I don't like it either. Why would you put a big box of text in the middle of the article when the same text is already in there, with context? It's nothing but a distraction.

Network Hub
    Please stop using those big red block-quotes that have started cropping up in the latest articles. It adds zero value to the article (since it's just a copy of something already written in the article), but at the same time distracts me from the reading and annoys the piss out of me.
    What is the purpose of them anyway?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus somini's Avatar
    http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/RuleOfThree, so RPS must respond to this now.
    Steam
    Bak'laag, why do you forsake me?

Network Hub
    I would also like to register my dislike of the pointless and obnoxiously large repeated text. It adds nothing and detracts from your sweet wordsmithery.

I dont see whatever you guys are referring to.
    - Tom De Roeck.

monochrom & verse publications

"Quantacat's name is still recognised even if he watches on with detached eyes like Peter Molyneux over a cube in 3D space, staring at it with tears in his eyes, softly whispering... Someday they'll get it."

I could see the point in the big red text if it were outside the "Read More"-section, but since it's inside I have no bloody idea what's the point of all this.

They're called pull quotes, and have been used in standard editorial formats for many years: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pull_quote

Network Hub
    I, too, am not really feeling the pull quotes.

They are distracting from the main body of the article, and if I'm already reading the article in question (as I am, they only appear under the Read More jump), I'm going to be reading them words anyway. Making them big and red (which makes me think they are hyperlinks) isn't really adding much.

What I realised when reading the articles with those 'pull quotes' is that it makes me more likely to just skim through the article instead of reading it carefully, would be interesting to know if other people had the same experience as I.

Are there any reasons as to why you decided to use them? Not that you're obliged to share them with us, I just think that it might be interesting to now.