Page 15 of 49 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast
    I agree with the diaries sentiment, and would also like to request that RPS bring back the Shot-cast.

Obscure Node
    This is feedback, kinda... since I've got no idea where else it can go just now.

For quite a little while now, I've been unable to reset my RPS commenting account password. It's got my username and email on file - I can tell it to reset my password as many times as I like, which tells me it has sent me an email... except I never get any. And yes, I've checked my Junk mail folder (I'm with hotmail/outlook.com). I periodically try to get back into my account every few months or so, but it's been a long while that I've not been able to get in and post any comments.

I don't know where or how to call up the issue either, so I'm just going to post this as 'feedback' here. I was going to create a thread in Technical Support, except I can't create threads. Here's hoping someone who might be able to sort me out will read this eventually!

Obscure Node
    Hi RPS!

Please let me know if and when you remove the pull quotes. That's when I'll give you the 50 bucks or so I was going to when they went up. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Skeletor68 View Post
    Please do some more gaming diaries!
    I'd love to see the return of Ian Football. Foot-to-ball doesn't interest me at all, but the diaries were hilarious.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Skalpadda's Avatar
    I also love the diaries, they're fun to read and have often made me pick up games I never thought I'd be interested in. I repeat my demand to have Alec locked in a room now and then with a PC and ALL THE GAMES and not be let out until he's written one. I get that they take lots of time and are often left unfinished but I'd much rather see unfinished ones than none at all.

Another thing I'd love to see more of is the verdict/group-wot-I-think/discussion pieces, such as you did with Portal 2 and Dishonoured for example. Having multiple writers play the same thing isn't something we can always expect of course but I like these as a complement to the Wot I Thinks and wanted to express my appreciation and wish to see more.

Obscure Node
    Seriously, this whole not being able to comment on articles thing is really annoying. I like reading the site and I like contributing to the discussions, but now I can't and I have no idea why. I'm starting to get the feeling that I've been IP blocked from posting comments, though I don't know why, which I suppose would tend to explain why I can't access my original account on the site. If I am though, it'd be nice if somebody from the site could tell me as much so I'd stop wondering why I can't post.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus ColOfNature's Avatar
    Good news! The "Around the web" ads twixt article and comments are gone! Bad news! They've been replaced by distracting animated banners. One step forward, two steps back...

I just deactivated AdBlock but can't see any animated banners...?
    - If the sound of Samuel Barber's "Adagio For Strings" makes you think of Kharak burning instead of the Vietnamese jungle, most of your youth happened during the 90s. -

Secondary Hivemind Nexus ColOfNature's Avatar
    Seems to have been a temporary aberration. It was some strategy type game on Kickstarter.

Whatever happened to the top stories from EuroGamer being linked down the bottom of main site pages? Right at the very bottom, there are still the links to GamesIndustry.biz, VG247 and Nintendo Life. EuroGamer used to be there as well, on the very right, where there is now only a blank space. EuroGamer still link to RockPaperShotgun on the bottoms of their pages. I found those links quite relevant (more so than some of the new ads at least), and quite useful... I don't keep EG open in my browser through the day, but do like to look at it every now and then. Having a link to it from the RPS main page was kinda useful.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hypernetic View Post
    I just have an opinion different to your own. Circle jerking is good for no one, be glad somebody isn't afraid to disagree with women on the internet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hypernetic View Post
    No, you are literally the cancer that is killing gaming.
    Quote Originally Posted by Serenegoose View Post
    Nobody's ever lost sleep over being called a cracker.

Nevermind, it's solved.
    Can a mod please delete this post as it's useless now?
    Last edited by Vlad Dracul; 30-06-2013 at 09:46 AM.

Is it just me or did the font (size) change in article comments? I feel disoriented.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Similar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaira- View Post
    Is it just me or did the font (size) change in article comments? I feel disoriented.
    Not just you. I was just wondering if I'd somehow done something in Firefox to make it larger. It is disorienting.

A temporary issue. Normal service has been resumed.

Except that now I got a top comments and comments sections right beneath each other under the article.

[edit] Seems like not all articles are affected. The Titanfall post has too few comments I guess, but both sections show up right under the Sim City DLC post.
    Last edited by c-Row; 01-07-2013 at 12:18 PM.
    - If the sound of Samuel Barber's "Adagio For Strings" makes you think of Kharak burning instead of the Vietnamese jungle, most of your youth happened during the 90s. -

I was wondering why I was reading the same comments twice. Didn't even notice the "Top Comments" heading until you mentioned it.

We're not actually going to start rating comments, or giving thumbs up/down are we?

Top comments? Urgh. Next we'll get upvotes/downvotes and can pretend to be le reddit all day every day. Urgh.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Nalano's Avatar
    Top comments? Urgh. Next we'll get upvotes/downvotes and can pretend to be le reddit all day every day. Urgh.
    Last time I was on a forum with upvotes and downvotes, I was the most upvoted person on the forum.

I was also the most downvoted person on the forum.
    Nalano H. Wildmoon
    Director of the Friends of Nalano PAC
    Attorney at Lawl
    "His lack of education is more than compensated for by his keenly developed moral bankruptcy." - Woody Allen

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Berzee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Vlad Dracul View Post
    Nevermind, it's solved.
    Can a mod please delete this post as it's useless now?
    jsyk, you should be able to delete it yourself too by going to "Edit Post" > "Delete" > select the "Delete" radio button > "Delete" (you don't have to type a reason for deletion)
    Support for my all-pepperjack-cheese food bank charity drive has been lukewarm at best.

Quote Originally Posted by somini View Post
    Try to delete your comment now.
    Or for extra meta, repost my post, so that I can delete it.
    MAGIC!

/keepmycaps