Page 16 of 35 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus somini's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by somini
    Quote Originally Posted by tikey View Post
    can you delete your post after more people post in the thread or just when it's the last post in the thread?
    try to delete your comment now.
    Or for extra meta, repost my post, so that i can delete it.
    moar magic!!
    Steam(shots), Imgur, Bak'laag, why do you forsake me?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus ColOfNature's Avatar
    In what way are these "Top Comments" top? The one I've seen seem to be pretty random.
    ...common and uninteresting.
    | Steam | Desura | Twitter |

The comment sections seems to remain broken... after posting a comment, I get all comments displayed on one page, and yet there are the page numbers below which lead to blank comment pages in return.
    - If the sound of Samuel Barber's "Adagio For Strings" makes you think of Kharak burning instead of the Vietnamese jungle, most of your youth happened during the 90s. -

Help, I'm having problems with the forums! Firstly, I can't post new threads for some reason, which is why I'm hijacking this one. Sorry. I also mistyped my name as Pengwerlte when it should be Pengwertle, so if you could change that that would be nice. Please help :(

EDIT: Also, I realize that it won't count as hijacking if I give my feedback: RPS is great! Keep it up. There. On-topic.
    Last edited by Pengwertle; 10-07-2013 at 12:18 AM.

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by Pengwerlte View Post
    Help, I'm having problems with the forums! Firstly, I can't post new threads for some reason, which is why I'm hijacking this one. Sorry. I also mistyped my name as Pengwerlte when it should be Pengwertle, so if you could change that that would be nice. Please help :(

EDIT: Also, I realize that it won't count as hijacking if I give my feedback: RPS is great! Keep it up. There. On-topic.
    I believe you have to make several posts before you can start new threads. It's an anti-spam measure.

Hm. I really can't do that, since I don't have anything meaningful to contribute to existing discussions. Thanks for the response. I'd still like my name changed if that's at all possible, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Pengwertle View Post
    I don't have anything meaningful to contribute to existing discussions
    You'll feel right at home.
    Post away! We don't bite the newcomers. Even the oldtimers derail threads to talk about politics, or food, so don't be afraid to express yourself.

Absolutely. "Nothing meaningful to contribute" is the default position around here (see, for example, this post). You'll fit right in!

Quote Originally Posted by ColOfNature View Post
    Absolutely. "Nothing meaningful to contribute" is the default position around here (see, for example, this post). You'll fit right in!
    How did you do that without editing?
    I won't be out-forum-magicked!

REVEAL YOUR SECRETS!

I am ninja.

Quote Originally Posted by Pengwertle View Post
    Hm. I really can't do that, since I don't have anything meaningful to contribute to existing discussions.
    You don't think you have anything to contribute to existing discussions, but you would like to start a new discussion?

There's something a bit odd in there.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Berzee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Velko View Post
    You don't think you have anything to contribute to existing discussions, but you would like to start a new discussion?

There's something a bit odd in there.
    I know, the unfounded curiosity gnaws at me.
    Support for my all-pepperjack-cheese food bank charity drive has been lukewarm at best.

Another newcomer scared off. Oh well, it was probably a spammer, regular people don't give up that easily, more so if they don't have opinions.

Animated pop-over ad on the mobile site? I am disappoint. A "Use desktop version" option would be appreciated, I'd rather have the background image and banners - at least I can scroll past those.

Wot's this mobile site? Accessing RPS via my phone shows the normal desktop version.

On my Nexus 7 I get the right-column content moved to below the left-column, and the large background ad is gone, replaced by an annoying overlay at the top that cycles between 3 different banners and can only be got rid of by going to Chrome's menu and selecting "Request desktop site" on every single page. (And I can't even do that if I'm reading using my RSS app's internal browser.) I don't get the old layout back, it just removes the ad, so maybe the layout is dependant on certain user-agents and your phone isn't one of them? I'unno.

Is there any way you could replace an article comment rather than delete it? Deleting makes an unreadable mess of the comment threads, so if the text of offending comments could just be removed or replaced with some standard message, it'd help a lot.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Berzee's Avatar
    Recurring headline image nudity is apparently a thing now, so I've blocked all images on the site. Posting about it here instead of on the offending article because disabling images also hides the button that you click on to leave a comment.

We'll see if lack of images causes me to read less or more articles. =) If they ever discover NSFW-tag technology (or decency), I will revert to the complete multimedia experience. =\
    Support for my all-pepperjack-cheese food bank charity drive has been lukewarm at best.

Obscure Node
    How come my profile picture doesnt show up in forums?

Obscure Node
    So. I guess I'm just blind or dumb, but I can't find the proper Facebook page/articlespambotthingyforinmynewsfeed for RPS.

Could anyone help me out here as I'm to dumb to find it :p