Page 26 of 48 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by bit_crusherrr View Post
    Considering you quoted me without a source here it is: https://twitter.com/bit_crusherrr/st...25089992478720

This was over an inaccurate Borderlands 2 Season Pass article before anyone gets the pitchforks out.
    I know right hyper links who can use them

Quote Originally Posted by c-Row View Post
    Right now I have to click reply, login, get thrown back at the homepage, find the post again, click reply, enter reply, hit enter - not really too convenient either and happening on various machines and browsers as well. Or is that just me?
    To be fair, the process of replying to a certain comment on the frontpage isn't any easier. Click reply, login, frontpage, find article (if not at the top of the page, same as for forum threads), click reply again, enter reply, click reply again, hope that the site doesn't swallow your comment or moves it to the end of the section, effectively ripping your reply out of context.

As Rob has mentioned, there is nothing stopping people interested in discussing this from going to the forums to discuss things, if they're really interested in doing so.

As a bonus, the forum offers such conveniences as search, post history, thread subscriptions amongst other things.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus somini's Avatar
    Right now I have to click reply, login, get thrown back at the homepage, find the post again, click reply, enter reply, hit enter - not really too convenient either and happening on various machines and browsers as well. Or is that just me?
    It's not just you. But you don't need to search for the post, just use the back button and then reload the page.
    Steam(shots), Imgur, Bak'laag, why do you forsake me?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by RobF View Post
    Yeah, exactly Tikey. It's not about changing minds, that takes more than a blog post on the internet.

It's about helping bring change, which might seem pedantic but it's a massive and important difference. If on the way it changes a few minds, cool! That'd be really nice but it's not the aim.
    See, that's what I'd call a sensible editorial policy. And a lot of RPS's stuff reflects that. But not all of it. John's stats article, for example, was directly addressing the people who claimed there wasn't a problem, and trying to prove that there was. And the latest piece was fine on its own, but then went on to bait people directly. That's what I mean by them taking a scattershot approach. There isn't the sort of consistent approach that you suggest.

Quote Originally Posted by squirrelfanatic View Post
    To be fair, the process of replying to a certain comment on the frontpage isn't any easier. Click reply, login, frontpage, find article (if not at the top of the page, same as for forum threads), click reply again, enter reply, click reply again, hope that the site doesn't swallow your comment or moves it to the end of the section, effectively ripping your reply out of context.
    That was the part of the page I was talking about. ;) The forum works as one would expect.
    - If the sound of Samuel Barber's "Adagio For Strings" makes you think of Kharak burning instead of the Vietnamese jungle, most of your youth happened during the 90s. -

That was the part of the page I was talking about. ;) The forum works as one would expect.
    Oh. Eh good good, go on then.

Quote Originally Posted by tradaa View Post
    I know right hyper links who can use them
    It was to provide proof the exchange took place than rip of you.

Obscure Node
    Can we expect any response to Tom Chick's excellent piece: http://www.quartertothree.com/fp/201...ty-videogames/ ?

"Fair point, but it seems to me the "we hate Anita Sarkeesian" dross is as beyond hope as the weeping Nathan Greysons. I'd like to think there's a large enough middle ground worth addressing."

You guys should all do a roundtable with Mr. Tom Chick, maybe pull in some other gaming press, and have a real discussion about gender inequality in games. As it is, it's been mostly impossible to get a word in edgewise around here without being drummed out as a bigot. There are definitely legitimate gripes to be had, we should be all for gender equality, but it needs to be real. This manufactured outrage over non-issues seriously weakens the argument overall.

Network Hub
    See, "manufactured outrage over non-issues" makes me strongly suspect that discussion isn't really going to be too productive. And frankly, if the middle ground is between the lunatics threatening to rape and murder a commentator they don't agree with and Nathan floridly writing something totally commonsensical, then it isn't worth building on anyway.

Can we expect any response to Tom Chick's excellent piece
    When Tom Chick writes an excellent piece! BOOM TISH
    My actions are in no way born out of some sort of Darwinist offensive
    I just get a bit fidgety times

Secondary Hivemind Nexus somini's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dmastri View Post
    Can we expect any response to Tom Chick's excellent piece: http://www.quartertothree.com/fp/201...ty-videogames/ ?

"Fair point, but it seems to me the "we hate Anita Sarkeesian" dross is as beyond hope as the weeping Nathan Greysons. I'd like to think there's a large enough middle ground worth addressing."

You guys should all do a roundtable with Mr. Tom Chick, maybe pull in some other gaming press, and have a real discussion about gender inequality in games. As it is, it's been mostly impossible to get a word in edgewise around here without being drummed out as a bigot. There are definitely legitimate gripes to be had, we should be all for gender equality, but it needs to be real. This manufactured outrage over non-issues seriously weakens the argument overall.
    You mean arguing over this matter? Nope, can't have that here, there is no free speech on this forums.
    You can discuss it wherever you want, like Mr. Chick did, but since it's not here, there is no need to address his points.
    Steam(shots), Imgur, Bak'laag, why do you forsake me?

The comments have vanished! Top comments are still displayed below the article but all the others are nowhere to be found. They were still here three hours ago when I posted a comment on the Hyper Light Drifter article.

Obscure Node
    Quote Originally Posted by LTK View Post
    The comments have vanished! Top comments are still displayed below the article but all the others are nowhere to be found. They were still here three hours ago when I posted a comment on the Hyper Light Drifter article.
    Came here looking if I was the only one with vanishing comments ... apparently I'm not alone.

I am in the boat with you.

From the RPS Twitter feed:

Comments are a bit borked atm. You can still leave them, but they're not appearing on the site. Our finest minds are fixing.

Normal service has been resumed.

Has the site been really slow unless Flash is disabled for anyone else?

What do you call that text in the tab header in my browser which usually says "Rock Paper Shotgun - *something funny*"? Well anyway, now it seems that the 2014 Spectacular etc article title is there. Looks accidental, but who knows...

Now it says "Wot I Think"...

For me it says Bargain Bucket!