Page 1 of 47 12311 ... LastLast

The RPS Feedback Thread

Tell me what you like or dislike about RPS. You don't have to be nice, but you don't have to be rude, either.

The words are good! Very good, actually.

It would be nice if the RPS logo lead to the website's homepage, like at the old forum.

Obscure Node
    The good:
    Excellent writing
    Sharp wit
    Regular, timely updates
    Focus on PC gaming, which is clearly the only thing that matters.

The bad:
    If I allowed 1/10th the number of typos you gents produce on a daily basis to slip through in my own work, I'd be literally (and by that, I mean <em>figuratively</em>) crucified. So... jealousy, basically. I'm jealous of you, and that makes your site slightly worse. Maybe I'll be fixed in an upcoming patch.
    Last edited by Spectre-7; 03-06-2011 at 10:34 AM. Reason: Guess

<blockquote>It would be nice if the RPS logo lead to the website's homepage, like at the old forum.</blockquote>
    Yes, I hate it when forums make it hard to get to the parent site. Your command is my wish.

@Spectre-7 I'll wager RPS has fewer typos than the bally BBC.
    Last edited by Jams O'Donnell; 03-06-2011 at 09:34 AM.

Network Hub
    Is this the correct thread to kindly request that my postcount is decreased to -1, so I can feel special in a world of 0-post dudes and dudettes?

Obscure Node
    As long as we're making requests, I'd like a second 0 by my post count. Just always wanted to be a double-0.

Yay! Logo points where it should already. Thanks Jon!
    Last edited by mlaskus; 03-06-2011 at 12:14 PM. Reason: typo

Firstly, thanks for replacing that horrid old forum with a proper one. BUT! Why did I just have to register again when I already had a RPS username and login? Surely it must be possible to hook up the vBulletin authentication to the Wordpest accounts all of us already had? That'd also be quite convenient for having the same login names on comments and forum (you know, in case one of us needs to be reprimanded or so).

I second praise for the words. The words are indeed good. Also, it seems to me that you guys have been engaging in the comments more recently, and I enjoy that too.

So my niggle is only really a request for MORE WORDS or rather more of a particular type of collection of words. Specifically, the conversations you guys occasionally have among yourselves about a game and type up. I find the disputations and agreements interesting, and they are often really funny to read. I know it must require a big investment of time to all play the same game, and then all spend time contributing to what will be just one post, so I totally understand they might just not be practicable to do more of. But as a reader I do especially value them.

'fanks!

Also, more Horace the Endless Bear lest he become vengeful.

Also, links are broken. If you're not allowing them, fine, but then why is there a little make-a-link icon in the rich text editor? That's just teasing.

The post count not working is probably a running gag now.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Theres nothing I dislike. That don't mean I like everything,.. I am neutral to a lot of things.

I am neutral to the website (seems) using ajax to load comments. If thats means comments will not be indexed by google ... I am neutral to that. But if some day I forget the name of a game, but only remember some comment, and try to find that comment, and since are not indexed in google, I can't find that game. Then it will not like that. But I have to admit that is a rare occurence, and I can stilll ask about such game in this forum. All in all, I suppose is a tradeoff.

Obscure Node
    @Ezhar

BBCode links don't work, but good old <a href='http://www.w3.org/TR/2011/WD-html-markup-20110525/a.html#a'>HTML anchors</a> work just fine.

I prefer the old forum. Change is bad, bad I say!

More productively, I'm not sure that RPS has the volume to sustain discussions divided in this fashion, although I appreciate that you've hardly gone nuts with the sub-fora.

Teething problems aside I quite like the colours.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Kadayi's Avatar
    Never been a fan of post counts, but if we aren't having them lets lose the 'Posts'
    Why yes you're right I'm deliciously evil

Tradition is the tyranny of dead men

Steam:Kadayi Origin: Kadayi GFWL: Kadayi

Probable Replicant

*blush* I'm flattered by the attention boys, but please let's not make the thread about liddle old me

Quote Originally Posted by Finicky View Post
    Kadayi will remain the worst poster on the interwebs.
    Gifmaster 4000 2014 Year of the Gif

So has the old forum simply vanished? Quite a lot of good, and ongoing, threads there, and nary an announcement that this migration (is that the right word?) was taking place.

Also, I can't get at the comments on any of the articles. This isn't good.

Quote Originally Posted by moth bones View Post
    So has the old forum simply vanished? Quite a lot of good, and ongoing, threads there, and nary an announcement that this migration (is that the right word?) was taking place.
    There was an announcement, but I agree it's a shame that the old forum is simply gone.

Old forum is here, for those who need to see it: <a href="http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/rpsforum">http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/rpsforum</a>
    Last edited by Jams O'Donnell; 03-06-2011 at 10:56 AM.

Was there? I was looking at the site yesterday and was given no inkling that this was about to happen.

I'm uncomfortably aware that this sounds like griping, so I'll make a positive comment - the colours are very relaxing, and I'm sure the reorganisation with subforums will be an improvement once it's settled down.

EDIT - Ah, thanks Jonathan, and more fool me for not noticing a big sodding sticky at the top of the page!
    Last edited by moth bones; 03-06-2011 at 10:57 AM. Reason: prior foolishness