Page 27 of 35 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 ... LastLast
    It seems that whenever a new article is posted, the title becomes also the tab header.

Obscure Node
    Hello!

I have a quick question but I don't know where to ask it and creating a thread seems a bit much.

I'd like to create a thread for people to share feedback on a game I'm working on. I figured that it might in ''promotion'' only it's not really to promote it in the sense that it's still in testing phase. I'm just looking for opinions about the gameplay. Promotion will come later.

In which section should I create such a thread? I don't want to be disrespectful and break any rules.

Quote Originally Posted by Zizka View Post
    Hello!

I have a quick question but I don't know where to ask it and creating a thread seems a bit much.

I'd like to create a thread for people to share feedback on a game I'm working on. I figured that it might in ''promotion'' only it's not really to promote it in the sense that it's still in testing phase. I'm just looking for opinions about the gameplay. Promotion will come later.

In which section should I create such a thread? I don't want to be disrespectful and break any rules.
    Your game -> promotion.

But I'm not a moderator or anything, just giving my opinion as a Person Who Is Often Mightily Annoyed By This Kind Of Stuff.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus gundato's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Velko View Post
    Your game -> promotion.

But I'm not a moderator or anything, just giving my opinion as a Person Who Is Often Mightily Annoyed By This Kind Of Stuff.
    I'll support this. Posting about (or even mentioning) your own game is a good way to piss a lot of us off, especially if you have clearly joined ONLY to advertise your game (what, we aren't good enough to talk to? :p)

And please don't start using every tangentially related thread to advertise it (we don't care if you are playing your own game...), because that is another way to make yourself look like a spammer who doesn't respect us.

Honestly, your best bet IS to promote it through the usual channels. Once you get a userbase who is interested you have your testers.
    Steam: Gundato
    PSN: Gundato
    If you want me on either service, I suggest PMing me here first to let me know who you are.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Jesus_Phish's Avatar
    Hello!

It belongs in promotion. Go there, make a thread about your game, ask for feedback, it's ok. Look at how some of the longer running/higher post count threads are doing it.
    "Halo is designed to make the player think "I look like that, I am macho sitting in my undies with my xbox""

Steam ID

Obscure Node
    Thanks for the replies.

@Velko:

Hi Velko,

I don't blame you. Spamming is annoying for just about everyone. This is why I was careful to ask first and take it from there.

@gundato:

Hello gundato,

I'll support this. Posting about (or even mentioning) your own game is a good way to piss a lot of us off, especially if you have clearly joined ONLY to advertise your game (what, we aren't good enough to talk to? :p)

Yes, I understand. I have joined to have a discussion with people who play video games as to how to make the game I'm working on better. I think that's fair and it can lead to interesting conversations. The idea is not so much advertising as opposed to discussing game design. So, yes, you are good enough to talk to otherwise I'd just put a link to a kickstarter.

@Jesus_Phish:

Thank you, I will do that.

This is why I was careful to ask first and take it from there.
    That alone makes you immeasurably better at marketing than oh so many of your colleagues. ;)

Is the Hivemind going to review Consortium?
    to wound the autumnal city.

Yes, coming soon.
    - Tom De Roeck.

monochrom & verse publications

"Quantacat's name is still recognised even if he watches on with detached eyes like Peter Molyneux over a cube in 3D space, staring at it with tears in his eyes, softly whispering... Someday they'll get it."

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Grizzly's Avatar
    Is there a report button for comments on the frontpage? Can't seem to find it.

Quote Originally Posted by Grizzly View Post
    Is there a report button for comments on the frontpage? Can't seem to find it.
    sadly not, but tweeting or emailing all the powers about it will garner attention.

actually, @rockpapershot is your best bet, on twitter.
    - Tom De Roeck.

"Quantacat's name is still recognised even if he watches on with detached eyes like Peter Molyneux over a cube in 3D space, staring at it with tears in his eyes, softly whispering... Someday they'll get it."

Secondary Hivemind Nexus somini's Avatar
    Who screwed with the post-specific comments RSS feed?
    How am I supposed to answer to the Copyright article?
    Steam(shots), Imgur, Bak'laag, why do you forsake me?

Quote Originally Posted by somini View Post
    Who screwed with the post-specific comments RSS feed?
    How am I supposed to answer to the Copyright article?
    Hello!! Any feedback regarding this?

no clue, sadly. can you state the problem in more detail, so I can forward it to Jim?
    - Tom De Roeck.

Quote Originally Posted by QuantaCat View Post
    no clue, sadly. can you state the problem in more detail, so I can forward it to Jim?
    Each article has an RSS feed for comments. Each time I commented on a story, I subscribed to that RSS and got all the new replies.
    For this article: http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2013...ces-new-world/
    This RSS feed used to have all the comments: http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2013...ew-world/feed/
    It now redirects to the main RPS feed. It's probably a regex that matches all the feeds instead of the main one.

any plans to improve the comment section system? you know to display notifications for responses and stuff? Maybe Disqus? Also I alsways click "remember me" when I log in but it never does

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Has RPS run out of silly funny ideas? I see the main site have not a ironic title, just "Rock Paper Shotgun|".

Yeah, that's been broken since Christmas (or so-ish).

Ive notified Jim of all this, but I think Sir! is nearing its intended release date, so forum or website mechanics will have to wait a bit.
    - Tom De Roeck.

I am not sure if this is the right place to post this, but i am very upset about the DayZ article on the main page. http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2014...omment-1475885

If anyone who wanted to ban or censor video games came about that article and used it as an argument, i would have to agree with them. And it bothers me that this is on my favorite Gaming page.
    I do understand that people enjoy some games in that way but to me those accounts of joy about cruelty against other people disgust me. I do not mind graphic violence or player killing the slightest, i have been a pirate in Eve for years and never felt the slightest bit guilty. But in all those times it has been about beeing able to destroy their ship. It was never about needlessly beeing cruel to people. I allways either had an advantage from kiling them, like loot, or it was a challenge to do it.
    But to be absolutely honest, this was the first time ever that i actually questioned whether there really are problems with violence in games. I would very much like that article not to stay uncommented on RPS. As if it was some normal RPS article. As if it was the normal thing for players of video games to get so high on, as he himself keeps calling it, torturing new and helpless players that we brag about it on a page like this.
    It bothers me that a random reader could stumble upon that article and think this was just a normal game diary. The thing we consider normal and apealing. Because i sure do not consider such cruelty against other players, far away from any challenge or competition to be normal.
    Sorry for my rage.
    Currently playing Supraball, Titanfall, Wildstar and Eve.
    If you happen to like or be interested in fw or general lowsec shenanigans in Eve, say "o/". Name is De'Vadder there.