Page 30 of 50 FirstFirst ... 20282930313240 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Jams O'Donnell View Post
    This is a lo-fi solution, but comment bans on RPS are generally down to email address or IP address restrictions. Do you have an alternative email address you can register with, perhaps?
    Thanks for the suggestion, Jams. I had considered registering a new account - and I still might, if this situation goes unaddressed much longer. However, I've held off so far for a few reasons.

One, I'm pretty sure that the ban is a result of a mistake in moderation, and if I haven't done anything wrong, I'd prefer to keep to the moral high ground. Making a new account feels a little underhanded.

Two, if I did somehow violate the rules, I'd like to know what I did that caused offence. Otherwise, I might just end up making the same mistake again.

Three, I use this username for the majority of my social interaction with the gaming community, which includes mods that I've published. I'd prefer to stay consistent so that people can find and recognize me if they want to.

I do appreciate the helpful suggestion, though. I'm hoping it doesn't come down to that, but the way things seem to be going, it just might.

Okay, I give up. Time to register a new email account so I can circumvent this ban that apparently no one can be bothered to justify. I gotta say that I'm not terribly impressed with the comment moderation around here. Spambots hit every article on a daily basis, while actual users who make constructive comments get banned without a reasonable explanation or any fact-checking upon an appeal. It's a real shame, because the content of the site is usually above-par.

again, sorry but we have a single person to take care of weird issues like this, and hes completely out of time, currently.
    - Tom De Roeck.

verse publications & The Shopkeeper, an interactive short.

"Quantacat's name is still recognised even if he watches on with detached eyes like Peter Molyneux over a cube in 3D space, staring at it with tears in his eyes, softly whispering... Someday they'll get it."

Obscure Node
    Throwing my hat in with the others here for the mobile sites. Would absolutely love a smartphone-optimized version of the site and forums.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus somini's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by somini View Post
    Don't forget my RSS first-world "problem". There's absolutely no hurry, just put it on the backlog.
    It's time for my monthly "complain about the RSS for article comments problem" nag.
    The priority is still the lowest possible, just making sure it hasn't fallen through the cracks.
    Steam(shots), Imgur, Flickr, Bak'laag, why do you forsake me?

Trying to open the IGF/GDC liveblog in Chrome leads to the page becoming unresponsive. In Opera it works, eventually. Is anyone else having this problem?

The Titanfall ad in the sidebar autoplays with sound, and it does so twice - meaning even if I pause the one I see I still get the sound from a second instance of the ad (which is not visible).

Activated Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Rossignol View Post
    Tell me what you like or dislike about RPS. You don't have to be nice, but you don't have to be rude, either.
    the biggest advantage of this site from my perspective are the readers' comments under articles/posts. People are able to formulate inteligent opinions what makes me read comments under every single post I enter.

for that to happen you need to have a good basis of course - which for me are the posts you RPS guys create. I tried hard but didn't find another gaming site to match what's being delivered here. Thanks for that

There is definitely some brigading going on in the 7 Days To Die review comments.
    Old hat! A Steam curator page focusing on Immersive Sims WIP
    Antique! The Fall of Infinite Games 2014 - A handy release schedule for the dark season.
    Recently updated! Thrust Issues: A Marvelous Guide to Fencing in Dark Souls 2

to wound the autumnal city.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus somini's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by zdeno84 View Post
    the biggest advantage of this site from my perspective are the readers' comments under articles/posts. People are able to formulate inteligent opinions what makes me read comments under every single post I enter.

for that to happen you need to have a good basis of course - which for me are the posts you RPS guys create. I tried hard but didn't find another gaming site to match what's being delivered here. Thanks for that
    You haven't seen anything. The forum is like that, on steroids.
    Minus the puns threads. Hmmm.
    Steam(shots), Imgur, Flickr, Bak'laag, why do you forsake me?

Quote Originally Posted by somini View Post
    Minus the puns threads. Hmmm.
    We need a sticky pun thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Velko View Post
    We need a sticky pun thread.
    I can do that, but not in general game. isnt a pun thread a social club anyway?
    - Tom De Roeck.

"Quantacat's name is still recognised even if he watches on with detached eyes like Peter Molyneux over a cube in 3D space, staring at it with tears in his eyes, softly whispering... Someday they'll get it."

- Tom De Roeck.

Yay! Although I suspect that administrative punnery isn't as fun as the spontaneous sort...

it wont be moderated much, except when, of course, unexcellence or somesuch. but the puns must flow!
    - Tom De Roeck.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    So in the Diablo thread today, RPS finally removed the word Diablo from the spam filter - I'm curious as to why it was there the first place though - ton of Diablo related spam?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Berzee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by deano2099 View Post
    So in the Diablo thread today, RPS finally removed the word Diablo from the spam filter - I'm curious as to why it was there the first place though - ton of Diablo related spam?
    OR was it because of Rule #4?!

?!
    Support for my all-pepperjack-cheese food bank charity drive has been lukewarm at best.

How long has RPS had a floating title bar stuck on articles when you're logged in? I hate these things.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Fumarole's Avatar
    I just want to say that Alice O'Connor's writing is quite excellent and a welcome addition to the RPS family. She's now my favorite RPS writer.
    The Medallion of the Imperial Psychopath, a Napoleon: Total War AAR
    For the Emperor!, a Total War: Shogun 2: Fall of the Samurai AAR

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Since most of the RPS guys keep forgetting to add funny alt-text to pictures these days, I vote that pictures all get a Caption under them... to force them to come up with humorous puns for every image.