Page 36 of 50 FirstFirst ... 26343536373846 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by rtru View Post
    PS. I wanted you to see this gameplay trailer https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X_1x_y15Pdw
    tl;dw Oculus + PC + Scifi + Exploration + Titan + bees
    Do the bees have shadows?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by hipercunilinger View Post
    I've been feeling like a lovesick teenager ever since I've applied for the junior writer position, and the refresh button just can't take it any more. Here's hoping there's any feedback on getting feedback, like will they answer everyone or just the people they're interested in and so on.
    They won't reply to everyone, I'd imagine they got at least a few hundred applications, that's far too much to manage. They'll probably follow up with a few people for a further chat / interview before finally deciding. As Quanta said, just get on with your life, accept that you'll probably never hear anything ever (and that's frankly better than getting an actual rejection letter..). Then it'll be an awesome surprise if you do.

Quote Originally Posted by deano2099 View Post
    They won't reply to everyone, I'd imagine they got at least a few hundred applications, that's far too much to manage. They'll probably follow up with a few people for a further chat / interview before finally deciding. As Quanta said, just get on with your life, accept that you'll probably never hear anything ever (and that's frankly better than getting an actual rejection letter..). Then it'll be an awesome surprise if you do.
    My thanks to both you and QuantaCat for actually taking the time to answer. My eggs are neatly tucked away in other baskets, it's just that the job sounded like a dream basket hence the temporary obsession.

Thanks for exposing me to SanctuaryRPG. Best $0 I never spent.

The article:
    http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2014...-sanctuaryrpg/

I'm not even surprised any more at the whiteout being given to a certain piece of news that is doing the rounds and becoming less and less favourable towards a certain indie darling.

I'm just disappointed that RPS is complicit in it. That's all I have to say, really.

Quote Originally Posted by MentlegenOh View Post
    I'm just disappointed that RPS is complicit in it. That's all I have to say, really.
    As someone who isn't really following neither the indie scene, nor the frontpage articles very closely, could you reveal which title/developer you're talking about? Honestly curious.

Quote Originally Posted by MentlegenOh View Post
    I'm not even surprised any more at the whiteout being given to a certain piece of news that is doing the rounds and becoming less and less favourable towards a certain indie darling.

To be fair, it's just broken and I'm sure any reputable source would want some corroborative evidence either way before publishing. It's currently potentially libellous hearsay. If it turns out to be true or mostly true I still wouldn't blame them for not talking about it, but just quietly reminding all of their writers/freelancers/potential writers of their journalistic ethical stance.

A quick round of reddit and a few frontpages unearthed absolutely nothing. So until something more meaningful emerges, I'll just assume it's the usual troll from the League of Industry Insiders Who Are Pissed Because RPS Mistreated Their Totally Worthy and Absolutely Not Overhyped AAA Game.

I mean, everybody knows Indies have it so easy... right?
    Looking for you daily bundle fix? Join us on The onward march of bundles
    Stalk my Steam profile, or follow my fight against the backlog on HowLongToBeat.

"You take the Klingon's detached hand"

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    If you're talking about the ridiculous gossip over an indie developer's sex life then please go away.

Quote Originally Posted by alms View Post
    A quick round of reddit and a few frontpages unearthed absolutely nothing. So until something more meaningful emerges, I'll just assume it's the usual troll from the League of Industry Insiders Who Are Pissed Because RPS Mistreated Their Totally Worthy and Absolutely Not Overhyped AAA Game.

I mean, everybody knows Indies have it so easy... right?
    Probably because RPS, Kotaku, r/gaming, r/games et al are all doing their damnedest to make sure you don't find out about it and have been actively deleting comments, threads and posts about it. Hell, according to Totalbiscuit, "Helping out friends in the industry is commonplace" which is just... ugh.

Quote Originally Posted by deano2099 View Post
    If you're talking about the ridiculous gossip over an indie developer's sex life then please go away.
    I'm talking about the very real conflict of interest that an RPS and Kotaku writer apparently ignored, and the complete refusal by the "New Games Journalism" to engage with any story that might make them look less than perfect.

Lesser Hivemind Node postinternetsyndrome's Avatar
    Why don't you just say what this is about instead of acting all cloak and daggers about it? If they really were deleting posts you wouldn't be able to avoid it just by acting smug.

Let me be the first to tell you that RPS doesnt give a shit about anything enough to start deleting comments. Unless theyre racist/sexist/nationalist.
    - Tom De Roeck.

verse publications & The Shopkeeper, an interactive short.

"Quantacat's name is still recognised even if he watches on with detached eyes like Peter Molyneux over a cube in 3D space, staring at it with tears in his eyes, softly whispering... Someday they'll get it."

Alright, I might not be familiar with the daily news of the indie scene but I do spend more time on these forums than I'd like to admit. Is this about the events mentioned in this thread?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sabrage's Avatar
    Well now I deeply resent my own curiosity.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by sabrage View Post
    Well now I deeply resent my own curiosity.
    You and me both. That imgur thread made me feel physically ill. The first few entries, anyway, I couldn't stomach every post.

You should probably be glad it only got deleted considering it probably qualifies as defamation.
    Old hat! A Steam curator page focusing on Immersive Sims WIP
    Antique! The Fall of Infinite Games 2014 - A handy release schedule for the dark season.
    Recently updated! Thrust Issues: A Marvelous Guide to Fencing in Dark Souls 2

to wound the autumnal city.

Obscure Node
    This is the information you need to know:

http://gamesnosh.com/zoe-quinn-scandal/

or in video format if you like (but it lacks latest development, the self-doxxing, etc): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5-51PfwI3M

And here is how it all started : http://thezoepost.wordpress.com/

People need to know this

Quote Originally Posted by Fedaykin View Post
    This is the information you need to know:

http://gamesnosh.com/zoe-quinn-scandal/

or in video format if you like (but it lacks latest development, the self-doxxing, etc): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5-51PfwI3M

And here is how it all started : http://thezoepost.wordpress.com/

People need to know this
    because...?

Didnt anyone ever teach you never to trust information from one source?
    - Tom De Roeck.

"Quantacat's name is still recognised even if he watches on with detached eyes like Peter Molyneux over a cube in 3D space, staring at it with tears in his eyes, softly whispering... Someday they'll get it."

Obscure Node
    And what would this one source be? The initial blog post contains pics of conversations that prove it's veridicity.

The fact that this is a conflict of interests between Gaming Journalist websites (RPS and kotaku by way of Nathan Grayson) and Indie developers (Zoe Quinn) which they cover is something that I believe warrants at least an official response.

Quote Originally Posted by Fedaykin View Post
    And what would this one source be? The initial blog post contains pics of conversations that prove it's veridicity.

The fact that this is a conflict of interests between Gaming Journalist websites (RPS and kotaku by way of Nathan Grayson) and Indie developers (Zoe Quinn) which they cover is something that I believe warrants at least an official response.
    And again, one source. And again, it still seems like more personal stuff than anything else. And again, the person posting it all seems like an arse.

Now I dont speak for RPS, but I wouldnt tell them to answer either.
    - Tom De Roeck.