Page 43 of 50 FirstFirst ... 334142434445 ... LastLast
    Jim Rossignol's personal inbox is full.

I really wanted to message him.

Quote Originally Posted by (int) magicMissile View Post
    Jim Rossignol's personal inbox is full.

I really wanted to message him.
    use his mail addy, but I wouldnt get on his nerves too much. Either way, Id just drop it. The forum is already discussing the whole thing in a more relaxed capacity.
    - Tom De Roeck.

verse publications & The Shopkeeper, an interactive short.

"Quantacat's name is still recognised even if he watches on with detached eyes like Peter Molyneux over a cube in 3D space, staring at it with tears in his eyes, softly whispering... Someday they'll get it."

Activated Node
    Know that thing that happens when a comment under an article is deleted and all the replies to that comment go into a strange limbo at the bottom of the comments as a whole? Some sort of fix to that would be nice. Maybe just put a marker in saying "Post deleted" and not even giving a username, but preserving the rest of the comment structure?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by Thurgret View Post
    Know that thing that happens when a comment under an article is deleted and all the replies to that comment go into a strange limbo at the bottom of the comments as a whole? Some sort of fix to that would be nice. Maybe just put a marker in saying "Post deleted" and not even giving a username, but preserving the rest of the comment structure?
    oh,god no. that make high controversial threads looks like a graveyard

Quote Originally Posted by QuantaCat View Post
    use his mail addy, but I wouldnt get on his nerves too much. Either way, Id just drop it. The forum is already discussing the whole thing in a more relaxed capacity.
    I'm just curious as to his take on this.

Thanks for the suggestion that I use his email address. I sent him an email. :D
    Last edited by (int) magicMissile; 25-08-2014 at 05:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by QuantaCat View Post
    The forum is already discussing the whole thing in a more relaxed capacity.
    Apparently not any more as the topic is once again forbidden. Its not as if anything on the mysteriously missing thread was in anyway contravening rule 1.

You have gone down in my estimation RPS establishment.
    Last edited by palindrome; 25-08-2014 at 01:58 PM.

I can only say that I had nothing to do with the removal of that thread.
    Old hat! A Steam curator page focusing on Immersive Sims WIP
    Antique! The Fall of Infinite Games 2014 - A handy release schedule for the dark season.
    Recently updated! Thrust Issues: A Marvelous Guide to Fencing in Dark Souls 2

to wound the autumnal city.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Drake Sigar's Avatar
    Bah I thought it was going well.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus soldant's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Anthile View Post
    I think everyone knew it was about to get deleted when Rossignol turned up. There's nothing more to be said about the issue though.
    Nalano's Law - As an online gaming discussion regarding restrictions grows longer, the probability of a post likening the topic to the Democratic People's Republic of Korea approaches one.
    Soldant's Law - A person will happily suspend their moral values if they can express moral outrage by doing so.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Jesus_Phish's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Drake Sigar View Post
    Bah I thought it was going well.
    Yep. I thought everyone was being pretty civil to each other and Quanta was doing a good job reminding people if they ever stepped out or did something they shouldn't have.

So feedback from this is, that was a prime example of the unnecessary censorship surrounding this entire thing.
    "Halo is designed to make the player think "I look like that, I am macho sitting in my undies with my xbox""

Steam ID

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Anthile View Post
    If a mod made thread vanishes, i'd expect if another mod wanted to stop it it'd at most would get locked with a "sorry, this is straying too far" or such.

edit: i mean: I doubt no one would suspect you (...which means you could be more devious. Note to self if i ever play some multiplayer with you).
    Last edited by Graerth; 25-08-2014 at 02:12 PM. Reason: clarity

Quote Originally Posted by soldant View Post
    I think everyone knew it was about to get deleted when Rossignol turned up. There's nothing more to be said about the issue though.
    While i agree that everything that the subject was probably emptied I don't really like the process of deleting entire threads, and one that was moderated closely, without notice.

I think it's a lack of respect or at least tact. Lock it, make a special group, so it's not public... but deleting it feels very Soviet-union...

Quote Originally Posted by db1331 View Post
    I give unto you the maddest of props. You're a god damned super hero.
    *Mostly* harmless

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Grizzly's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesus_Phish View Post
    Yep. I thought everyone was being pretty civil to each other and Quanta was doing a good job reminding people if they ever stepped out or did something they shouldn't have.
    That only depends. It might be that some forummember was extremely unexcellent and hence got the thread deleted, but since we do not know what happened... urgh.

Personally I am rather in favour of locking threads - if a person steps out of line in an idiotic fashion, the idiocy is there for all the forum to see. Thatś probably a bigger punishment then the deletions and stuff. It's not like this forum has been consistent with deletions before. Lock and ban is great but keep deletions reserved for spam or first time trolls.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Jesus_Phish's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Grizzly View Post
    That only depends. It might be that some forummember was extremely unexcellent and hence got the thread deleted, but since we do not know what happened... urgh.

Personally I am rather in favour of locking threads - if a person steps out of line in an idiotic fashion, the idiocy is there for all the forum to see. Thatś probably a bigger punishment then the deletions and stuff. It's not like this forum has been consistent with deletions before. Lock and ban is great but keep deletions reserved for spam or first time trolls.
    Even if one forum member got unexcellent, ban that member and warn the rest of us that it's happened because they got unexcellent. Don't go "delete fucking everything" on it.
    "Halo is designed to make the player think "I look like that, I am macho sitting in my undies with my xbox""

Steam ID

I totally agree with Drayk. Outright deletion of threads, especially those that are being moderated closely, is disrespectful to the users here. I understand why this subject is controversial and I understand why it reflects poorly on RPS in a number of ways, but I do believe it bears discussing. Not for the titillating aspect of who slept with whom, but for the apparent ease of which the media can be manipulated and the unfortunate consequences that arise when conflicts of interest not only happen, but are publicly permissible and excused.

In short, bad form for deleting the thread(s). QC was doing a good job in it. Deleting it makes it appear that the mods/RPS are hiding something, which is just going to fuel more conspiracy theories.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    It's the RPS forum. People continued with the argument of journalistic integrity against RPS and one of its writers, offered no evidence for it, and when confronted about it took the 'no smoke without fire' argument.

Are you really that surprised that RPS doesn't want to give you a platform to make spurious allegations about it and it's writers? What did you think would happen?

Quote Originally Posted by Drayk View Post
    While i agree that everything that the subject was probably emptied I don't really like the process of deleting entire threads, and one that was moderated closely, without notice.

I think it's a lack of respect or at least tact. Lock it, make a special group, so it's not public... but deleting it feels very Soviet-union...
    Yes indeed. Come on RPS, this is getting ridiculous. We were having a semi-reasonable discussion for a change, and out of nowhere the thread gets deleted? It's all fine and dandy that the RPS staff doesn't want to react or give a statement or anything, but at least let the regulars talk about it for a bit. If you really want to know why people think there is some kind of cover-up going on: you've got your example right here.
    Want to add me on Steam? Steam name: Mr. Gert

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Soviet science fiction authors used science fiction as a way to critique the CCCP without ending on a gulag.

I suggest everyone, on the next oportunity to talk about related issues, to walk a very thin line. Where the characters in it, the icology, are aliens and virtual world.

The whole thread was deleted, because theres no container that can have that acid. It digs a hole in everything you put it. Its like ALIEN blood.

This is what happened:

(image from the movie ALIEN )

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Drake Sigar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Drayk View Post
    I think it's a lack of respect or at least tact.
    I’m going to go with lack of respect. I wish I could say this is the first time I felt looked down on by the writers.

I originally criticized Quanta for countermanding Anthile and creating the thread in the first place without talking it over with Anthile first, it’s unprofessional, and sends mixed messages to the point where the thread started in limbo and could be locked at any moment, wasting my time. They soon settled their dispute and we got on with the thread.

Now it’s been deleted, not locked, without a word by a third party. Does nobody care about basic etiquette anymore? I would've accepted an explanation and a lock. It wouldn't even have to be a good explanation.

Start acting like professionals. NOW. These inconsistencies are driving me insane.

While I'm not thrilled about sudden deleting of non-spam forum posts, it does seem consistent will the sites determination to shut down all discussions regarding this topic, which is their right to do. If people feel the discussion needs to continue, would it be possible to do it somewhere that RPS can't delete?
    Please feel free to visit my Deviant Art page.