Page 6 of 50 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
    Network Hub
    What happened to John's promised series of Old Republic articles? :(

I just pledged $2 a month for RPS. That's more than I did for Wikipedia, most likely because I can't read -you guys have a better picture/article ratio.

Banned
    Damn it, a thread i made got locked. I assume it's accidental. What do I do?

Quote Originally Posted by hamster View Post
    Damn it, a thread i made got locked. I assume it's accidental. What do I do?
    Sadly that thread descended into excessive trolling and/or throwing of faeces at one another.

Banned
    Scarcely anyone even discussed the point I raised focusing solely on the effects of piracy instead! Perhaps a mod could list a few guidelines and unlock the thread? Who are the mods and how do I contact them? Are you a mod?

Ive just created this profile to sing songs of praise for RPS. In this day and age of sites like Kotaku and endless flamebaits, its truly fantastic to have such a beacon of light such as RPS and in particular this friendly community.

From deapest darkest africa
    L1ghtn1ngZA

I'm not sure if Horace reads this thread, but I've noticed that his latest two Games of Xmas selections (5 and 6 as of now) don't show up under the "the-amazing-rps-advent-calendar-2011" tag, even when clicking the tag from within posts 5 and 6.

Somebody should probably notify His Endlessness. Is this the proper place for that?

(Also, post 5 has an apostrophe before the 11, while the others don't. I'm not sure if that's related.)

Obscure Node
    feedback? okay... is this thing on? hello? okay. Yea, RPS is super awesome, the writing is great the articles are refreshing the love for pc gaming is admirable, even the comments are interesting and its non cluttered with adverts. Keep up the superb work and if you guys are ever in trouble just give a holler to your audience.

Quote Originally Posted by ZamFear View Post
    Attachment 190
    Are the main page header links borked for anyone else? It looks like there's text in the AoE:Online ad that's interfering with them.
    The King Arthur 2 ad has borked the header links again.

Obscure Node
    You've lost my subscription. I'll explain why - Some months ago, I was repeatedly called a cripple after revealing that I was in a wheelchair. I tried not to take offence, even though it was being used purely as an insult. Today, I told someone they were acting like they had ADHD and my comments were removed.

Now I don't care about what is and is not acceptable behaviour - you guys have every right to set that and if you choose that ADHD is a moderatable issue and loss of use of limbs is not, that's absolutely your right.

However I cannot support your double standards. Feel free to have them, but I will not pay for them.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheng-ji View Post
    You've lost my subscription. I'll explain why - Some months ago, I was repeatedly called a cripple after revealing that I was in a wheelchair. I tried not to take offence, even though it was being used purely as an insult. Today, I told someone they were acting like they had ADHD and my comments were removed.

Now I don't care about what is and is not acceptable behaviour - you guys have every right to set that and if you choose that ADHD is a moderatable issue and loss of use of limbs is not, that's absolutely your right.

However I cannot support your double standards. Feel free to have them, but I will not pay for them.
    Do you remember which article you were called a cripple in? Do you have a link to it? I'd like to see it.

He might have been insulted in the post about Jason Rohrer's Minecraft-on-a-USB-stick project. That's where I recognise 'Sheng-ji', anyway.

I don't think RPS have a consistent process when it comes to moderation Sheng-ji, as far as I can tell it's mostly just the author of that particular post who keeps an eye on the comments and in many cases it seems clear that the comments aren't read at all. Without seeing the comments you refer to it's difficult to know if this was likely the case with you or if your comment was just significantly more offensive.

I once had a comment deleted for saying incest was a bad thing so who knows the method behind RPS's madness?

I am Mr Alec Meer, lord of hair Bonzrat's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheng-ji View Post

Sorry that you're cancelling Sheng-ji, but doubly sorry that we didn't spot the unacceptable insults levelled at you. No double standards - we just didn't see it, as we're not always able to monitor all comments cos we're busy writing posts or playing games to write about. It would certainly have been deleted if we'd seen it, and I'm pretty sickened members of our community did that.

As regards the ADHD stuff, the deletion was because a potentially nasty argument was breaking out (you'll notice every comment in that conversation was wiped, not just yours) and that's something we try to limit when we see it happening because we don't want our threads to become the warzones common on other sites.
    Peace through tyranny

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Grizzly's Avatar
    On the "ESA Member's stance on SOPA" list, NVIDIA is listed as 'Contacted', though I recall that they spoke out against the bill a while ago.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Kadayi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonzrat View Post
    As regards the ADHD stuff, the deletion was because a potentially nasty argument was breaking out (you'll notice every comment in that conversation was wiped, not just yours) and that's something we try to limit when we see it happening because we don't want our threads to become the warzones common on other sites.
    There's a real problem with this slash and burn policy though Alec because you're often throwing out the baby with the bath water. I've seen quite a lot of articulate posts disappear at times (stuff other people have written) all because one AIM has gone off on one. Plain truth of the matter is it kind of puts you off posting after a while. Personally I'm not the worlds fastest typist so if I'm going to spend 15 minutes typing a response to someone I'd rather like it if it didn't get erased because someone AIM loses his rag a couple of posts further down.
    Why yes you're right I'm deliciously evil

Tradition is the tyranny of dead men

Steam:Kadayi Origin: Kadayi GFWL: Kadayi

Probable Replicant

*blush* I'm flattered by the attention boys, but please let's not make the thread about liddle old me

Quote Originally Posted by Finicky View Post
    Kadayi will remain the worst poster on the interwebs.
    Gifmaster 4000 2014 Year of the Gif

Persons of disinterest: Nalano, deano2099

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Nalano's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kadayi View Post
    There's a real problem with this slash and burn policy though Alec because you're often throwing out the baby with the bath water. I've seen quite a lot of articulate posts disappear at times (stuff other people have written) all because one AIM has gone off on one. Plain truth of the matter is it kind of puts you off posting after a while. Personally I'm not the worlds fastest typist so if I'm going to spend 15 minutes typing a response to someone I'd rather like it if it didn't get erased because someone AIM loses his rag a couple of posts further down.
    You're not exactly non-prolific, either, and by all rights it's probably easier (and better) to repost an interesting post than to allow dreck to derail every discussion.
    Nalano H. Wildmoon
    Director of the Friends of Nalano PAC
    Attorney at Lawl
    "His lack of education is more than compensated for by his keenly developed moral bankruptcy." - Woody Allen

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by Grizzly View Post
    On the "ESA Member's stance on SOPA" list, NVIDIA is listed as 'Contacted', though I recall that they spoke out against the bill a while ago.
    There have been more than a few changes to that list, but it seems RPS have largely just forgotten about updating that page.

I am Mr Alec Meer, lord of hair Bonzrat's Avatar
    Sorry for slowness there! We'd not forgotten, just got swamped by stuff.
    Peace through tyranny

Activated Node
    I updated the list yesterday, after the weekend. No one had forgotten about anything, and I'm working extremely hard on that campaign.