Page 17 of 49 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus ColOfNature's Avatar
    You mean the RSS feed? Top of the page, second from the right.

Obscure Node
    Quote Originally Posted by ColOfNature View Post
    You mean the RSS feed? Top of the page, second from the right.
    Something like that :)
    Most sites have a Facebook page which post (links to) their articles on their wall, I assume RPS also has that?

RPS has a facebook page, but the last time that has posted something was... in December 2011. So, you're probably better off following the twitter handle @rockpapershot.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaira- View Post
    RPS has a facebook page, but the last time that has posted something was... in December 2011.
    That's refreshing. Thumbs up for RPS.
    Looking for you daily bundle fix? Join us on The onward march of bundles
    Stalk my Steam profile, or follow my fight against the backlog on HowLongToBeat.

"You take the Klingon's detached hand"

I love the way RPS writes. Generally it's pretty amusing to read, if nothing else the titels are. :3

Is anyone else having trouble with the RSS feed?
    According to my Feedly account, there are no RPS updates since yesterday's Level With Me.

The recent Hotline Miami comment thread mentioned some sort of Penny Arcade scandal last weekend. The thread has been (understandably) closed, a quick google and a quick search of the RPS forums didn't yield any results, so I came here to ask about what happened.

Apparently I can't make new posts. It took me a while to figure out why, since there's no greyed-out "New Post" button that I can click for an explanation, and it's not in the forum rules or in anything I saw when I signed up (I'm pretty sure, it's been a while), but at the very bottom of the FAQ list. It's to do with fighting spam, apparently.

So I suppose my feedback is apparent from the above. I would actually like to know what happened with Penny Arcade, though, and I don't want to go make vapid, empty posts in...hmm...8 threads I'm not interested in first, so if someone could either pass me a link or at least tell me the right thread to ask questions in when I'm not allowed to post yet, I would appreciate it muchly.
    Last edited by Phasma Felis; 05-09-2013 at 08:56 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Fumarole's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by fco View Post
    According to my Feedly account, there are no RPS updates since yesterday's Level With Me.
    I'm experiencing the same.

Regarding Penny Arcade, this is what I found after a quick search as I first heard about this in the comments thread as well:

And then on Monday at PAX, in front of an audience of thousands, Krahulik told business manager Robert Khoo that he regretted pulling the Dickwolves merchandise from the Penny Arcade store — merchandise he had created as a “screw you” to rape survivors who had had the temerity to complain about a comic strip. While the audience burst into applause, Khoo nodded sagely and said that now they knew better; now they would just leave it and not engage.
    The Medallion of the Imperial Psychopath, a Napoleon: Total War AAR
    For the Emperor!, a Total War: Shogun 2: Fall of the Samurai AAR

New! A Steam curator page focusing on Immersive Sims WIP
    Not exactly new! The Fall of Infinite Games 2014 - A handy release schedule for the dark season.
    Kind of old! Thrust Issues: A Marvelous Guide to Fencing in Dark Souls 2

to wound the autumnal city.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Jesus_Phish's Avatar
    Don't worry, any time someone mentions the whole dickwolves thing at all, the internet gets up in arms about it for about another week, loads of people blast the PA guys, others come to their defense and then it all goes quiet again until around the next time PA do something big, either good or bad.
    "Halo is designed to make the player think "I look like that, I am macho sitting in my undies with my xbox""

Steam ID

Secondary Hivemind Nexus somini's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by fco View Post
    Works for me.
    http://feeds.feedburner.com/RockPaperShotgun
    Looks like a Feedly problem.
    Steam(shots), Imgur, Bak'laag, why do you forsake me?

yeah, it's working now. at some point yesterday all the missing posts appeared at the same time.

Lesser Hivemind Node squareking's Avatar
    Pocket Tactics, an ultra-good blogthing which seems inspired by RPS (among others) and covers tactical games on your pocket device, has a nifty feature where front-page posts and their discussions are pushed into the forum. So a comment thread on the front page is accessible and continuable in the forum. Might be handy for the larger, in-depth convos about big topics, new releases, etc. I understand forum softwares and blogging backends are hairy misshapen beasts and memorizing just the right arcane rituals to make them work is an undertaking, but is something like that implementable here?
    steam

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Sketch's Avatar
    Why is the Tropes thread locked? Just wondering.
    steam: sketch

Quote Originally Posted by Sketch View Post
    Im assuming because it was getting out of hand towards the end, and I think someone opened a new thread about just that.

Or was that a dream o_O
    - Tom De Roeck.

verse publications

"Quantacat's name is still recognised even if he watches on with detached eyes like Peter Molyneux over a cube in 3D space, staring at it with tears in his eyes, softly whispering... Someday they'll get it."

"It's frankly embarrassing. The mods on here are woeful."

"I wrinkled my nose at QC being a mod."

"At least he has some personality."

Soooo, whats happening?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Berzee's Avatar
    Soooo, whats happening?
    computergames
    Support for my all-pepperjack-cheese food bank charity drive has been lukewarm at best.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus ColOfNature's Avatar
    hah! sez you

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Jesus_Phish's Avatar
    The thread was wildly off topic. Had it remained to just being about the show, perhaps it'd still be open, but it went from everything from the show, to women in the workplace, to religion, to politics, to religion again and just stopped being anything about the show at all.

It was a thread that was briefly about the show for maybe a week after a new episode came out, then it spiralled into tangents endlessly.
    "Halo is designed to make the player think "I look like that, I am macho sitting in my undies with my xbox""

Steam ID

I know it's been off topic for ages, most threads here are. I was just wondering because locking it and not seeing an explanation at all, to me at least, is not helping.

Also, just as a side note the FIFA article on the frontpage at the moment is a bit wrong, regarding what versions the PC is and isn't getting.
    Last edited by Sketch; 11-09-2013 at 03:16 PM.