Page 34 of 50 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus sabrage's Avatar
    That's fine and all, except the old system was better and certain pages put "Activity Stream" on the far left where "New Posts" should be. I'll just be using the button on my bookmarks bar.

I liked it more when pressing the Forum button on the front page took me to, well, you know, the forum.
    - If the sound of Samuel Barber's "Adagio For Strings" makes you think of Kharak burning instead of the Vietnamese jungle, most of your youth happened during the 90s. -

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by c-Row View Post
    I liked it more when pressing the Forum button on the front page took me to, well, you know, the forum.
    Ditto.

/10char

...it doesn't anymore?

Aaagh, it doesn't! This is Dangerous & Wrong.

Network Hub

Absolutely this. I'm really not a fan of this new arrangement.

It makes me feel very exposed. Now people might actually see and - worse - read my posts. A terrifying prospect.
    Old hat! A Steam curator page focusing on Immersive Sims WIP
    Antique! The Fall of Infinite Games 2014 - A handy release schedule for the dark season.
    Recently updated! Thrust Issues: A Marvelous Guide to Fencing in Dark Souls 2

to wound the autumnal city.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthile View Post
    It makes me feel very exposed. Now people might actually see and - worse - read my posts. A terrifying prospect.
    I still prefer the original one.
    - Tom De Roeck.

verse publications & The Shopkeeper, an interactive short.

"Quantacat's name is still recognised even if he watches on with detached eyes like Peter Molyneux over a cube in 3D space, staring at it with tears in his eyes, softly whispering... Someday they'll get it."

Lesser Hivemind Node postinternetsyndrome's Avatar
    Me too. Please restore order. Even if you'd want an activity stream as your forum start page (and I'm willing to bet most people don't), this particular one is pretty badly designed, with no visual separation between different posts making it quite hard to read.

But really, as c-Row said. Please take me to the forums when I press the forum button.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    I gave it a bit of time to see if I could get used to it. I somehow can't and always end up searching for the actual Forum Button for a bit, before I find it and wonder what the point of the Activity Stream is to begin with.

Quote Originally Posted by QuantaCat View Post
    I still prefer the original one.
    Hehe, that almost sounds as if the change was made on purpose. Away with it already! Like Velko said, it's dangerous and wrong (and everyone will just click the top Forum node anyway).

I'll talk to jim.
    Last edited by QuantaCat; 22-07-2014 at 03:35 PM.
    - Tom De Roeck.

verse publications & The Shopkeeper, an interactive short.

"Quantacat's name is still recognised even if he watches on with detached eyes like Peter Molyneux over a cube in 3D space, staring at it with tears in his eyes, softly whispering... Someday they'll get it."

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Is anyone else getting annoying and sporadic bursts of sound from the front page / articles?

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Internet View Post
    Is anyone else getting annoying and sporadic bursts of sound from the front page / articles?
    I get sound from the dieselstorm ad.

Lesser Hivemind Node frightlever's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by postinternetsyndrome View Post
    Even if you'd want an activity stream as your forum start page (and I'm willing to bet most people don't)
    I concur. The activity stream would serve a purpose in showing people activity that's going on in sub-forums they don't usually venture into, but on the con side they're probably not going into them for a reason, and since the most recently posted-to threads are at the "top" of the sub-forum you can already see where the activity is.

It's more of a UI design problem (and being gamers we should know them when we encounter them) - there are two buttons labeled "Forum" at the moment, one at the front page, one inside the forum section itself, but both link to different pages.
    - If the sound of Samuel Barber's "Adagio For Strings" makes you think of Kharak burning instead of the Vietnamese jungle, most of your youth happened during the 90s. -

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by BillButNotBen View Post
    So, there's been a commenter with the username: "Never Relax Around Japs" for a while now. On the main site, not the forum.
    I'd have thought that wasn't acceptable.
    I think I have seen that name before in Reddit. But I agree, is casual racism, lame.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Jesus_Phish's Avatar
    Another problem with the activity stream is that heavily active threads will end up clogging the stream. I've already seen the stream showing about five or six responses to one Planetside 2 thread, which is one of our more popular boards on here.
    "Halo is designed to make the player think "I look like that, I am macho sitting in my undies with my xbox""

Steam ID

Quote Originally Posted by Jesus_Phish View Post
    Another problem with the activity stream is that heavily active threads will end up clogging the stream. I've already seen the stream showing about five or six responses to one Planetside 2 thread, which is one of our more popular boards on here.
    Unity only gives one alert per thread with a "There might be more new posts" note, so a thread only appears once even though there might be 10+ new posts inside.

Hello,

The RPS main page "Forum" link ought to now bring you to the expected forum home page.

-Jams

It works again! Thank you!