Page 35 of 48 FirstFirst ... 25333435363745 ... LastLast
    Lesser Hivemind Node postinternetsyndrome's Avatar
    Indeed! Excellent! :)

Only the link from RPS was fixed, loading http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/forums/ still yields the butt ugly Activity page instead of the usual board index.
    Looking for you daily bundle fix? Join us on The onward march of bundles
    Stalk my Steam profile, or follow my fight against the backlog on HowLongToBeat.

"You take the Klingon's detached hand"

Secondary Hivemind Nexus somini's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by alms View Post
    Only the link from RPS was fixed, loading http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/forums/ still yields the butt ugly Activity page instead of the usual board index.
    Update your bookmarks then.
    Steam(shots), Imgur, Bak'laag, why do you forsake me?

Quote Originally Posted by somini View Post
    Because workarounds are better than real solution, right?

Thanks for the swift work, Jams!

Quote Originally Posted by Squiz View Post
    Because workarounds are better than real solution, right?

Thanks for the swift work, Jams!
    Well, maybe that was too harsh, but changing it is the workaround. It seems the forum software was updated and this is not a bug, it's a feature.

What bookmarks?

Easy URLs that I use frequently are accessed quickly and easily by typing and letting autocomplete do the rest. My bookmarks bar is already filled with stuff that I don't use as frequently or would be hard to type/remember.

edit:

Well, maybe that was too harsh, but changing it is the workaround. It seems the forum software was updated and this is not a bug, it's a feature.
    Ha!

The activity stream is not a new feature, certainly not vBulletin. It was simply configured in a different way. Still no real explanation why it was changed.
    Looking for you daily bundle fix? Join us on The onward march of bundles
    Stalk my Steam profile, or follow my fight against the backlog on HowLongToBeat.

"You take the Klingon's detached hand"

Quote Originally Posted by alms View Post
    What bookmarks?

Easy URLs that I use frequently are accessed quickly and easily by typing and letting autocomplete do the rest. My bookmarks bar is already filled with stuff that I don't use as frequently or would be hard to type/remember.

edit:

Ha!

The activity stream is not a new feature, certainly not vBulletin. It was simply configured in a different way. Still no real explanation why it was changed.
    Fiend! Not using the bookmarks to visit sites! Tear up you tech enthusiast card right away!

I really though it was a new "feature", in that case I join my voice heckling who is responsible.

I think changing something in one place makes more sense than asking everybody else to update their stuff, but that's just my efficient (read: lazy) inner programmer talking. ;)
    - If the sound of Samuel Barber's "Adagio For Strings" makes you think of Kharak burning instead of the Vietnamese jungle, most of your youth happened during the 90s. -

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Jesus_Phish's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by c-Row View Post
    I think changing something in one place makes more sense than asking everybody else to update their stuff, but that's just my efficient (read: lazy) inner programmer talking. ;)
    If I changed something in the code base that required hundreds of other people to then have to modify something of theirs I think my boss would have a stern talking with me.
    "Halo is designed to make the player think "I look like that, I am macho sitting in my undies with my xbox""

Steam ID

To clarify: Yes, this is a temporary fix while the underlying issue is looked into.

welcome back, jams.
    - Tom De Roeck.

verse publications

"Quantacat's name is still recognised even if he watches on with detached eyes like Peter Molyneux over a cube in 3D space, staring at it with tears in his eyes, softly whispering... Someday they'll get it."

"It's frankly embarrassing. The mods on here are woeful."

"I wrinkled my nose at QC being a mod."

"At least he has some personality."

Lesser Hivemind Node
    RE: FREEWARE GARDEN
    The articles themselves are fine, but I'm not sure about having one every day. I rather preferred having a weekly round up.

PS/ What happened to Porpentine?
    PPS/ And who was Nobody?
    PPPS/ And what happened to Nobody?

Guest contributors seem to drop like flies (and with no fanfare or explanation). Not sure I like it.

Quote Originally Posted by BillButNotBen View Post
    RE: FREEWARE GARDEN
    The articles themselves are fine, but I'm not sure about having one every day. I rather preferred having a weekly round up.

PS/ What happened to Porpentine?
    PPS/ And who was Nobody?
    PPPS/ And what happened to Nobody?

Guest contributors seem to drop like flies (and with no fanfare or explanation). Not sure I like it.
    She kinda explains here:
    http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2014...h-fulfillment/

And as I recall, it seemed that some people in the comments pointed out who Nobody was.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Oh, I missed that. :-(
    I still think a weekly round up is a better idea than one a day.
    (and I still don't know who nobody was... but I'll live).

Obscure Node
    Hi, I've been lurking for months and I finally decided to register just to say how much I like this blog. I can't find anything written in that manner in my own country. Long live RPS.

Quote Originally Posted by Tevildo View Post
    Hi, I've been lurking for months and I finally decided to register just to say how much I like this blog. I can't find anything written in that manner in my own country. Long live RPS.
    Welcome enjoy your stay.
    - Tom De Roeck.

verse publications

"Quantacat's name is still recognised even if he watches on with detached eyes like Peter Molyneux over a cube in 3D space, staring at it with tears in his eyes, softly whispering... Someday they'll get it."

I've been feeling like a lovesick teenager ever since I've applied for the junior writer position, and the refresh button just can't take it any more. Here's hoping there's any feedback on getting feedback, like will they answer everyone or just the people they're interested in and so on.

Quote Originally Posted by hipercunilinger View Post
    I've been feeling like a lovesick teenager ever since I've applied for the junior writer position, and the refresh button just can't take it any more. Here's hoping there's any feedback on getting feedback, like will they answer everyone or just the people they're interested in and so on.
    my advice, and this has nothing to do with RPS nor do I speak for any kind of official RPS type of thing: go and do something else in the mean time. Youll find out eventually and if youre putting all your eggs into the same basket, you know, Im sure youre talented enough to do a lot of things.
    - Tom De Roeck.

verse publications

Obscure Node
    Your developer contact mail is broken. I put already a ticket of it but just wanted to let you know if you don't get any dev emails :)

PS. I wanted you to see this gameplay trailer https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X_1x_y15Pdw
    tl;dw Oculus + PC + Scifi + Exploration + Titan + bees
    Last edited by rtru; 06-08-2014 at 09:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by rtru View Post
    Your developer contact mail is broken. I put already a ticket of it but just wanted to let you know if you don't get any dev emails :)

PS. I wanted you to see this gameplay trailer https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X_1x_y15Pdw
    tl;dw Oculus + PC + Scifi + Exploration + Titan + bees
    already tested and forwarded the issue, thanks.
    - Tom De Roeck.

verse publications