Page 39 of 50 FirstFirst ... 29373839404149 ... LastLast
    The moon landing was fake! Wake up sheeple!

THE POOR MANS ARE HAVING SO MANY MORE PROBLEMS THAN THE WOO MANS

call da police
    - Tom De Roeck.

verse publications

"Quantacat's name is still recognised even if he watches on with detached eyes like Peter Molyneux over a cube in 3D space, staring at it with tears in his eyes, softly whispering... Someday they'll get it."

"It's frankly embarrassing. The mods on here are woeful."

"I wrinkled my nose at QC being a mod."

"At least he has some personality."

Quote Originally Posted by QuantaCat View Post
    call da police
    Don't call them... someone could get shot

EDIT: I live in America... so I guess don't call the police here. Maybe in Austria it's alright.
    Last edited by seshFriend; 19-08-2014 at 07:38 PM. Reason: regional differences

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by seshFriend View Post
    Has anyone stopped to think that maybe the reason Nathan Grayson left RPS is because of this scandal?

Yes Nathan is gone.
    Article: http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2014.../love-you-all/

In the article he says

Why would he leave RPS, potentially damning his career, unless some of this is true. Maybe he was asked to leave.

It seems to me RPS has dealt with the situation. Journalistic integrity was compromised and now the healing can begin.

Obviously what I have written is just a theory and there is some question to the validity of the whole Zoe Quinn scandal as there always is and should be with any scandal. Don't take what I say here at face value as it is entirely conjecture, I myself don't fully believe this theory or I don't want to anyway. I understand people want closure and I think we can safely say that as RPS readers we are ready to move on.

Let me finish by saying Nathan Grayson has provided a lot of excellent journalism here and I'm sad to see his career tarnished by these events. I wish him luck in his endeavors.
    I'm probably going to regret this, but: Nathan left because he was offered a job at Kotaku, which is based in the SF Bay Area, which is where he lives. The most cursory of googlings would have told you this.

IN SOVIET AUSTRIA, YOU SHOOT POLICE

Quote Originally Posted by Dave L. View Post
    I'm probably going to regret this, but: Nathan left because he was offered a job at Kotaku, which is based in the SF Bay Area, which is where he lives. The most cursory of googlings would have told you this.
    finally, something based on fact and not the whole "omg someone had sex, IT MUST HAVE BEEN TO PAY THE RENT"
    - Tom De Roeck.

verse publications

"Quantacat's name is still recognised even if he watches on with detached eyes like Peter Molyneux over a cube in 3D space, staring at it with tears in his eyes, softly whispering... Someday they'll get it."

"It's frankly embarrassing. The mods on here are woeful."

"I wrinkled my nose at QC being a mod."

"At least he has some personality."

Lesser Hivemind Node postinternetsyndrome's Avatar
    More concerning is the fact that 80% of all game developers and game journalists are based in the SF bay area. :P

EDIT: The 80% number is completely real by the way, I got it from a scorned lover.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by postinternetsyndrome View Post
    More concerning is the fact that 80% of all game developers and game journalists are based in the SF bay area. :P

EDIT: The 80% number is completely real by the way, I got it from a scorned lover.
    Have you ever played M.U.L.E.? concentration is a basic of economy.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Yeah sure, next you'll be telling Kieron left to go and write comics for Marvel or something equally ridiculous...

Sorry for not googling but I'm in China and it's blocked (there are alternatives blah). I did say it was conjecture, either way I'm glad for the guy. Thank you for bringing this to my attention. I don't take pride in ignorance.

cant sleep (pain), so i decided to click a couple of these links in attempt to knock myself out, and the only thing i found worth discussing is this: http://www.reddit.com/r/TumblrInActi...nt_and/cjstgov

to all the rest: "ye who has committed no sin may cast the first stone".

if she really is hypocritically tirading around as a spokeswoman for ethics and women in games, then her public deserve some truth.
    her ex-fella just seems distraught at having lost the love of his life to sleazy california, and felt opportunely equipped to shed some of this truth.

however she sounds like a pretty troubled and confused individual, and i personally wish her nothing but the most expedient of healing processes.

i also couldnt help but notice how much of a role alcohol appeared to play in the degeneration of their relationship. it is an underestimatedly powerful drug that needs to be handled with care, and should probably not be used by people suffering from psychological issues.

hey what do ya know, im tired now.
    g'night neverland
    Last edited by cardinaldirection; 19-08-2014 at 09:06 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    we don't know yet what is true or not

Exactly. All this is is one person with overtly malicious intentions making a lot of claims and a lot of people who want it to be true because they want to load their cannon with something. It's toxic and personal and it should be left alone.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus SirKicksalot's Avatar
    Exactly. All this is is one person with overtly malicious intentions making a lot of claims and a lot of people who want it to be true because they want to load their cannon with something. It's toxic and personal and it should be left alone.
    Maybe we shouldn't ignore the fire just because the smoke is toxic.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by cardinaldirection View Post
    i also couldnt help but notice how much of a role alcohol appeared to play in the degeneration of their relationship. it is an underestimatedly powerful drug that needs to be handled with care, and should probably not be used by people suffering from psychological issues.
    Well that, and y'know, having important conversations about their relationship over Facebook. I was with the guy for the first few paragraphs when he was saying "so I said this and she said that" and then got to "and here are the Facebook logs to prove it" - so none of them actually said anything, they typed it. Then at the end he finally gives up on her because she actually wants to have a conversation in person, and he's convinced that's because she doesn't want him to have any more Facebook logs he can 'go public' with. And not so that they can, y'know, have an actual conversation.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Also worth pointing out, having read the entire post out of morbid fascination, I don't think at any point he actually accuses her of sleeping with journalists to get good coverage. That's a fun bit of conjecture the internet added.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Tei View Post
    we don't know yet what is true or not
    And quite frankly, we never will. This is such a fucked up mess of he said/she said, that it's just not possible to get to the bottom of it, not least of all because doing so would mean trampling all over several people's lifes in areas that really do not belong in public.

Also, whomever ordered that blanket mass deletion of posts wasn't doing themselves and the parties involved any favor. The deletion spree triggered a full on Streisand Level Shitstorm that clashed with Total Biscuit's twitlonger thing spawning a whole lot of people wanting to figure out what was happening.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by deano2099 View Post
    Also worth pointing out, having read the entire post out of morbid fascination, I don't think at any point he actually accuses her of sleeping with journalists to get good coverage. That's a fun bit of conjecture the internet added.
    Pretty much.

Quote Originally Posted by SirKicksalot View Post
    Maybe we shouldn't ignore the fire just because the smoke is toxic.
    That is exactly why we should ignore the fire. EDIT: And it's not even a god damned fire, anyway, despite what angry internet manz would like people to think.

Also, she hasn't ignored it. She made a statement where she made clear this is none of anyone's business and stop sending me death threats please.

EDIT: So maybe I should just stop commenting on this now.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    We are still better than Kotaku.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Sakkura's Avatar
    The current shitstorm is from one person. The earlier stuff is from different, unrelated people. So at least more than one person says she's done bad stuff.

To me, the first story smells like it's more true than false. This new thing... I don't know, and I don't even really want to look into it. When you stare into the abyss, the abyss also stares into you. And 4chan "campaigns" are inevitably abysmal no matter their merit or lack thereof.