Page 8 of 30 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast
    Obscure Node
    So the current full-page add is for-- oh wait nevermind, it *just* changed.

Anyway, when it was Max Payne 3, clicking on it actually directed you to purchase the Xbox360 version...

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Nalano's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SCdF View Post
    So the current full-page add is for-- oh wait nevermind, it *just* changed.

Anyway, when it was Max Payne 3, clicking on it actually directed you to purchase the Xbox360 version...
    Money is money.
    Nalano H. Wildmoon
    Director of the Friends of Nalano PAC
    Attorney at Lawl
    "His lack of education is more than compensated for by his keenly developed moral bankruptcy." - Woody Allen

Secondary Hivemind Nexus ColOfNature's Avatar
    The reddit widget has been getting more and more annoying. How about delaying it, or loading it in the background, or something. I know this has been brought up before but it's only affected me in the last couple of weeks so really: isn't it about time you did something about it?
    ...common and uninteresting.
    | Steam | Desura | Twitter |

Obscure Node
    Just wanted to comment how sometimes on my ipad I can't view the embeded videos. For example this morning I was not able to get the vid on
    http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2012...m/#more-115714 to load up. But was able to view http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2012...s/#more-115549

Not sure if there is some difference in the code being used to embed it, and not really sure on what safari does/doesnt support, but just thought that this could perhaps be something that is standardized across articles.

Obscure Node
    Overall, site content is excellent, layout is approachable, focus on PC gaming is appreciated and control over comments understandable. So all good there.

I have however got a small annoyance. When I click on an article to read it, my browser puts two entries in its history. Both for the same page. I have to hit 'back' twice to return to the main page.

This second entry is so that a Facebook 'like' panel can be added. I'm grossly offended by this.

I don't use Facebook. I don't want to use Facebook. I've never facebook "Like"d something in my life and I have no intention of ever doing so. I don't want Facebook tracking my web usage. I don't trust Facebook. I'm not browsing Facebook. I'm browsing Rock, Paper, Shotgun and really just can't understand why Facebook are even involved.

Now I've resolved this through aggressive use of AdBlock, but thought I might feed back that this just isn't a nice way to treat your readers.

On the whole though, great site! :)

Obscure Node
    Quote Originally Posted by ColOfNature View Post
    The reddit widget has been getting more and more annoying.
    Yeah, I nuked that with AdBlock at the same time :)

How long have those links down the bottom of the page been there? I don't like them. No I don't.

Lesser Hivemind Node squareking's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rii View Post
    How long have those links down the bottom of the page been there? I don't like them. No I don't.
    I was just thinking this. Just a tad out of place.
    steam

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Though equally, I don't really want them cluttering up the top of the page.

On a positive note - the channels are a nice addition, especially as the topics are pretty much exactly what I want to divide RPS into.

Quote Originally Posted by cederic View Post
    I have to hit 'back' twice to return to the main page.
    That's odd. I was sure we'd stopped that.

That "Nintendo Life" link... it's an eyebrow riser.

Nintendo Life - like VG247, GI and EG - are friends and comrades of RPS. They link back to us, too.

Obscure Node
    Why no quakecon coverage?
    :(

EDIT: Just saw the bottom of Triad article - waiting on Mr Grayson I guess :)
    Last edited by PoLLeNSKi; 03-08-2012 at 11:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rossignol View Post
    That's odd. I was sure we'd stopped that.
    It has stopped now, hooray!

Activated Node
    a few suggestions:

- back when i used to read Future Music, i loved how their reviews would always have an Alternatives box, listing comparable products and briefly summing up pro's and cons. which is esp. useful for the ever changing world of games, where some games age badly, patches and mods turn older reviews obsolete, new games pop up left and right...
    - RPS' titles are entertaining, but they don't always make it clear what the article is about. is it a preview, an interview, a general piece of journalism? does it concern a game that has been announced / is in alpha / etc.? is it about a free game / a f2p game / does it require a subscription fee? what genre is the game in?
    a few icons could make all that clear at a glance, which is nice when one doesn't have time to read all new articles.

For a few days now the main page has been giving me a popup dialogue that http://images.eurogamer.net:8080 requires a usernamen and pw; it's definitely an ad as turning on ABP solves the problem - but I do not want to browse RPS with and adblocker enabled.

Hello!

Please stop changing the layout of the header with the images about the latest articles. There was never anything wrong with them. Also Opera displays them wrong since the latest change.

Thank you!

e: Seems to have been fixed.
    Last edited by mizzu; 28-08-2012 at 06:18 PM.

I like the new background on the main site. it's soothing. not even an ad. It's good to have a breather.

I dislike that I cannot start new threads without knowing why ;_;