Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Obscure Node

DX11 and High res Texture PACK for CRYSIS 2 are coming!

UPDATE :
    Tech Power Up website has been able to catch the file before being taken down.

you can download it here :

CRYSIS 2 DX11 Update Patch

CRYSIS 2 HIGH RES TEXTURE Patch

NOTE : Its 2 GB size overall, looks like the site have a wrong typo!

Do all of you remember this game?? If you care( and still remember) it looks like DX11 page for CRYSIS 2 have been up for a while before being shut down again at http://www.mycrysis.com/dx11# Just search for it at google cache if some of you were curious enough to know the difference between DX 11 on and off also inclusion of SSR and POM feature with extra high res texture! Better late than never,eh!

Source : HARD OCP
    Last edited by phenom_x8; 23-06-2011 at 01:02 AM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus somini's Avatar
    Too bad I can't buy it on the Steam Sales...

Obscure Node
    @somini
    right,exactly! this game worth only during steam sales (for a 5 bucks maybe)! sadly, it's have been removed! So, dont put your hopes too high for lower price!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus coldvvvave's Avatar
    Played MP-demo and thought it was bad gameplay-wise, DX 11 can't fix it.

Activated Node
    Quote Originally Posted by coldvvvave View Post
    Played MP-demo and thought it was bad gameplay-wise, DX 11 can't fix it.
    Yep, better graphics can't make this game live up to the gameplay of the original Crysis. I was very disappointed with Crysis 2.

Lesser Hivemind Node DigitalSignalX's Avatar
    Dear Crysis 2 customers,

Contrary to popular belief, we have not sold out to the console. See example A, months after release for optimum futility. After update please go to graphic options and you will now find a 4th available setting "The Best Graphics You Have Seen™"

Sincerely,

Nathan Camarillo

Quote Originally Posted by DigitalSignalX View Post
    Dear Crysis 2 customers,

Contrary to popular belief, we have not sold out to the console. See example A, months after release for optimum futility. After update please go to graphic options and you will now find a 4th available setting "The Best Graphics You Have Seen™"

Sincerely,

Nathan Camarillo
    This is the most revolting "feature" for me. Why the hell could they just name the options Low,Medium,High? I couldn't understand what was the high and what was the low, and worse, in-game I couldn't tell the difference.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    For me, Crysis 2 was a really good console FPS, but not a patch on the excellent original PC FPS. No matter what Crytek say, the design choices they made were for consoles and they were the primary platform.

But I can't deny having a good time with both the SP and MP.

I haven't bought it yet either. Waiting for bargain rack. Might be a year or two.

I'll just crank up the graphics on the original and rock 'n' roll.
    "Unix is user friendly. It's just selective about who its friends are.

Making an optimised game that can actually run on affordable hardware while looking good and running smooth is totally selling out to consoles indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by CuriousOrange View Post
    Making an optimised game that can actually run on affordable hardware while looking good and running smooth is totally selling out to consoles indeed.
    I think the criticism was more in the lines of small levels, extreme linearity, just two suit modes, worse AI, etc...
    Last edited by somini; 22-06-2011 at 08:59 PM. Reason: typo

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by somini View Post
    I think the criticism was more in the lines of small levels, extreme linearity, just two suit modes, worse AI, etc...
    Exactly. It did a much better job at masking these things than the likes of Call of Duty, but it is still clear that they made changes to bring it more in line with the big games of the console market, allow it to run on the limited console hardware and make it playable on a pad.

Which, despite actually quite enjoying it, is a real shame when Crysis is probably one of the last great PC FPSs.

Quote Originally Posted by Vandelay View Post
    Exactly. It did a much better job at masking these things than the likes of Call of Duty, but it is still clear that they made changes to bring it more in line with the big games of the console market, allow it to run on the limited console hardware and make it playable on a pad.

Which, despite actually quite enjoying it, is a real shame when Crysis is probably one of the last great PC FPSs.
    I would like to try it, but with this Origin situation maybe I will never do. One thing I will do is play Warhead, because when I played the first I was so sad that my PC lagged on the final levels, on Medium, that never played Warhead. And then install the multiplayer part just for that mech mod...
    BTW, I have a laptop for gaming, so that wasn't really a surprise. But the entire game run pretty well(30FPS), even in the snow, and only in the aircraft carrier lowered to 20FPS. Barely playable.

It's been officially announce now. - http://www.realpcgamers.co.uk/?p=2418

Roll on Monday!

Lesser Hivemind Node
    I would like to try it, but with this Origin situation maybe I will never do. One thing I will do is play Warhead, because when I played the first I was so sad that my PC lagged on the final levels, on Medium, that never played Warhead. And then install the multiplayer part just for that mech mod...
    BTW, I have a laptop for gaming, so that wasn't really a surprise. But the entire game run pretty well(30FPS), even in the snow, and only in the aircraft carrier lowered to 20FPS. Barely playable.
    Even on my HD6950 2GB, i5 2500K and 4GB of pretty fast DDR3 RAM the carrier level ran sluggishly. I'm certain that there was bad coding to fault though, as it seemed to get continually worse the longer I played.

I've still got Crysis 2 installed, so I will probably get hold of the dx11 patch when it comes out. It runs brilliantly, so pushing it a bit more certainly won't hurt.

Obscure Node
    I agree with you,somini! Though I never played it yet! XD
    Last edited by phenom_x8; 23-06-2011 at 12:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by phenom_x8 View Post
    I agree with you,somini! Though I never played it yet! XD
    It's definitively worth at least one playthrough.

To be fair Crysis was linear to. They both have plenty of ways to play through each level. Crysis 2 was certainly more linear but it's still completely unfair to compare it to COD.

But, I don't see how that 'isn't pc'. Half Life and Call of Duty are pc games that are far, far more scripted experiences. You seem to be calling out design choices which have nothing to do with consolisation or what have you.

I can't comment on the AI as I didn't see anything stupid happen in Crysis 2, I did have a few problems in the original but I can't be sure.

If you were complaining about the lack of video options I would see where you were coming from.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Jockie's Avatar
    I enjoyed the single-player, yes it was more of corridor shooter than the first game, but it was still probably the best corridor shooter I've played in years, with some spectacular scenery, enough tactical options to keep things varied and a diverse, fun to use arsenal of weaponry.

I guess FPS to some degree has moved beyond the corridor in favour of wider spaces and rpg/stat integration (there's a very minor rpg aspect in Crysis 2 that determines suit upgrades, but it's not really of note), but I still thoroughly enjoyed Crysis 2, and the DX11 improvements are going to make me want to give it a second playthrough.

The MP is kind of like a more annoying version of CoD, Cod gets a lot of hate, but it's still the best and most varied arcadey mp shooter on the market at the moment. Crysis 2 has the tools to create something much grander, but chooses instead to give us these tight confined spaces, with short game objectives. I much preferred the multiplayer of the original Crysis.
    I write about them video games at these locations

And on Twitter

The first Crysis has much bigger levels, with much more ways of approaching objectives. I admit that I didn't play 2 yet, but from the feeback it seems that it's worse compared to the first one.