Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    I think it plays a lot different than gears. It's not as clunky and people don't take a clip of ammo to kill.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Kelron's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Woundedbum View Post
    You can switch shoulders.
    Fair enough then, I got bored of the video before he did that.

I quite liked the factor of having to lug around a rifle if you switch to your sidearm.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Cooper's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nalano View Post
    I see autoaim, a small FoV, and people running around like chickens with their heads cut off. Why are we extrapolating that to the PC version?
    That was... Rhetorical, right?

Or do I have to list all the incredibly shoddy ports of the last decade?
    Quote Originally Posted by CROCONOUGHTKEY
    KING GEORGE IS A FROG
    le BANG~__-MICHEAL FUCK OFF~~__-INTERPOL KNOW YOU WELLBIENG~—
    OFF
    NOT RUSHMORE MOUNTAIN
    KILL WESTON KILL MUST KILLTHEWESTERNINMYHEADDOESN’TEXSIST
    TEXASISDEADINPARISHEWASAMAN..BINGBING.TETTOHEAD.SP ACEOK,TIMEDEADANDSTOPPED1920HOKKAIDO.UNDERSTOODAT1 ONE.
    UNDERSTANDTHISANDFUCKOFFPIRATEBAY.TIMEDOESNTEXSIST FORMEASIMPATEKPHILLPE.
    BANG

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Nalano's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooper View Post
    That was... Rhetorical, right?

Or do I have to list all the incredibly shoddy ports of the last decade?
    Far be it from me to point out that Remedy Entertainment is not in the habit of making shoddy ports.
    Nalano H. Wildmoon
    Director of the Friends of Nalano PAC
    Attorney at Lawl
    "His lack of education is more than compensated for by his keenly developed moral bankruptcy." - Woody Allen

Obscure Node
    The same Remedy that has nothing to do with Max Payne 3?
    Or do you mean Rockstar which have become rather infamous for their shoddy PC ports lately?
    Last edited by Vimat; 28-05-2012 at 08:22 PM.

Ha! Managed to avoid that L.A. Noire prepurchase offer. I'm pleased with myself now. Anyway, does anyone know if the PC version releases in US today or is it global release on friday?
    Twitter! Occasional impressions on random sim games.

Activated Node
    Quote Originally Posted by jnx View Post
    Ha! Managed to avoid that L.A. Noire prepurchase offer. I'm pleased with myself now. Anyway, does anyone know if the PC version releases in US today or is it global release on friday?
    Global release on Friday.

I started a game club thread for Max Payne 3 mp by the way. I for one will be playing multiplayer as soon as it unlocks on Steam.

Quote Originally Posted by Nalano View Post
    Far be it from me to point out that Remedy Entertainment is not in the habit of making shoddy ports.
    That's nice and all... but Remedy aren't making Max Payne 3. They've given their approval to the game, but that's all. As Vimat says, it's RockStar that are making MP3, and they have been known to produce some shoddy ports.

However, everything I've seen and heard about the game and the PC version has been quite encouraging, and points to a well done PC version, with plenty of attention given to it... from the PC only hi-res textures, to the taking advantage of PC hardware (when they released the minimum and maximum specs a few weeks ago) and offering a vast range of options for that, to something as simple as having a keyboard and mouse alongside a 360 pad to play the PC version at some Event.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hypernetic View Post
    I just have an opinion different to your own. Circle jerking is good for no one, be glad somebody isn't afraid to disagree with women on the internet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hypernetic View Post
    No, you are literally the cancer that is killing gaming.
    Quote Originally Posted by Serenegoose View Post
    Nobody's ever lost sleep over being called a cracker.

No, not playing with free aim mostly. I usually do in console games. But for some reason in MP3 I can't hit anything with it like that. It just feels incredibly awkward.

As I said, it may be different in the PC version, but I feel that adding in a cover system to multiplayer completely ruins any fun that could be had. Always more advantageous to hide in an obscure place and keep popping out as I said raking in the points in deathmatch. In TDM, it's best to camp as a team. It's a shame really.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Nalano's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Vimat View Post
    The same Remedy that has nothing to do with Max Payne 3?
    Or do you mean Rockstar which have become rather infamous for their shoddy PC ports lately?
    Well poop about it being an all R* production.

That said, R* did a good job with LA Noire. Hell, practically lifted Bondi outta the dirt single-handedly.
    Nalano H. Wildmoon
    Director of the Friends of Nalano PAC
    Attorney at Lawl
    "His lack of education is more than compensated for by his keenly developed moral bankruptcy." - Woody Allen

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Sketch's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CuriousOrange View Post
    No, not playing with free aim mostly. I usually do in console games. But for some reason in MP3 I can't hit anything with it like that. It just feels incredibly awkward.

As I said, it may be different in the PC version, but I feel that adding in a cover system to multiplayer completely ruins any fun that could be had. Always more advantageous to hide in an obscure place and keep popping out as I said raking in the points in deathmatch. In TDM, it's best to camp as a team. It's a shame really.
    Try some gangwars or smaller TDM. If you want quicker less cover based gameplay the smaller maps it gives your are perfect. That said, I haven't had too much trouble in the Gang Wars/Large TDM.

Here's to hoping the MP is better then CoD MP, I feel like the bullet detection has gone down drastically since CoD4, BF3 didnt feel much better.

They are different because COD4 using hitscan, the bullets are instantly there but in BF3 the bullets actually travel to the target. I'm pretty sure Max Payn3 uses hitscan

Cod4 is hitscan? Suddenly all of those ridiculous 360 spinning leet headshot kills make sense!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Innocent View Post
    You, sir, are awesome.
    I spew words about Videogames, SEO and general geekery at Jaketucker.com

Activated Node
    Looks like Max Payne 3 is coming out earlier than expected (I have tomorrow off, woot). I see this when I go to the Steam storefront:
    Available: 1 June 2012

This game will unlock in approximately 11 hours

mp3 seems to use hitscan except for sniper rifles

Quote Originally Posted by Borklund View Post
    Looks like Max Payne 3 is coming out earlier than expected (I have tomorrow off, woot). I see this when I go to the Steam storefront:
    Available: 1 June 2012

This game will unlock in approximately 11 hours
    Ooh very nice, seems to release in the morning. I'll still need someone to confirm the quality of the pc version before I buy it though.

Aynone playing yet? I'd love to buy it but since I've waited this long I ain't gonna dive in without a recommendation.

Lesser Hivemind Node Spider Jerusalem's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jnx View Post
    Aynone playing yet? I'd love to buy it but since I've waited this long I ain't gonna dive in without a recommendation.
    same.

also contemplating dodgy russian key sites. iso: better prices in the us.