Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Network Hub

An Americas night

Tactical Tuesdays current hours can be a little trying for us not around Europe. I was wondering how many people would be interested in an Americas' night. With times better suited to our schedule?
    Last edited by Wengart; 30-05-2012 at 07:38 AM.

Yeah I would be interested in having a Arma in the Americas night.

Activated Node
    I would enjoy some ARMA multiplayer besides DayZ. Trying to play singleplayer Arma is not that great. The EU night owls could join in also.

I'd be willing to lend a hand in this.

Activated Node
    EU night owl reporting in.

It's not a scheduled night, but you can usually ask in the chat and find a bunch of willing types to do some pick-up Armage.

What do you need to make this happen?

An Americas night has been bandied around before but usually died in the face of noone wanting to organise it and there only being 2-3 of you at any one time. That second has handily been resolved by the recent influx, I think.
    Mumble :: Thread :: Click to Join

We might not have the numbers for adversarial, but we'd have enough for coop certainly?

Nim

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Wolfenswan's Avatar
    Iirc some of the FOLK veterans are americans as well and play on the FOLK server from time to time. Crossposting this thread to the FOLK forum might yield more players.

Also there are a couple of dozen BAF missions on the ARPS server for player numbers from 6 - 16.

Count me in as an American interested in playing. It's difficult for me to commit to any particular time, but I'd love to join up if I'm available. I usually play nights from around 9 PM - 12 AM CST, during the week. My weekend times are sporadic.

Network Hub
    I'm going to be away this next week so I won't be able to really do much, however I think I might post a poll with possible times on it. See where we can get the most interest.

Admins, can we just hop on the server and play or does someone need to sign up to be an admin or something like that?

You can just hop on and play whenever. You can #vote admin <playername> to give someone quasi-admin powers if needed. The reason I was asking what you needed to make this happen was to provoke you into trying to organise it, not to kill the idea :)

Once you're happy and have found your feet I can schedule some steam events, including ones on the main RPS group.
    Mumble :: Thread :: Click to Join

Quote Originally Posted by Nullkigan View Post
    You can just hop on and play whenever. You can #vote admin <playername> to give someone quasi-admin powers if needed. The reason I was asking what you needed to make this happen was to provoke you into trying to organise it, not to kill the idea :)

Once you're happy and have found your feet I can schedule some steam events, including ones on the main RPS group.
    Are there any missions in particular we should try?

Nim

First a few words on the naming schemes: there's the general scheme which is [co/adv#] where co is coop, adv is team versus team and # is playercount. The Folk scheme looks like
    fkco_co10_finale_v2, the bit you need to care about is the _co10_ after the first underscore, where the same rules again apply.
    Recommendations depends on your playercount. Here's some off the top of my dome...

Sub-15 playercounts are a bit tough with our current mission selection. For at or under 14 there are at least 2 good Folk missions, Lichterfelde and The Fog. Both on Chernarus. On Takistan there's Midnight Riders which is something of an ARPS classic. There's also a bunch of missions prefixed with BAF, some of them are decent but you'll just have to try them out. Most of them are 8-10 players IIRC. Cipher on Chernarus was a decent random-generated mission.

If you get into 20+ people you will be safe picking pretty much anything, especially anything with the Folk naming scheme is pretty much guaranteed to be decent.

Finally, you can ask about in the RPS Steam chat for suggests, people will probably have a lot of opinions to throw about :P

P.S. Ninja-edited in: missions aren't really the thing to worry about, there's plenty and more can be arranged if there is will. Your primary worry at this point is finding a suitable time, getting a crew together and having the crew turn up more than a couple of times. Good luck and persistence in your endeavor.
    Last edited by harakka; 03-06-2012 at 12:46 AM. Reason: sage advice
    Clips are fully loaded, and then blood floods the lawn

Obscure Node
    I'm down. I'm subscribing to this thread, so hopefully if a game breaks out I'll be ready for it.

Network Hub
    I plan on trying to get something planned in the coming weeks. Unfortunately I am on vacation and my hotel has no Internet (I'm typing this on a bestbuy display iPad). Could people post preferred times in this thread. I would like to setup a proper poll but won't be home till this sunday.

Quote Originally Posted by outyoute View Post
    Can't care less, it's Ubi. Stop buying their games.
    If you don't care, then don't troll the thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Wengart View Post
    I plan on trying to get something planned in the coming weeks. Unfortunately I am on vacation and my hotel has no Internet (I'm typing this on a bestbuy display iPad). Could people post preferred times in this thread. I would like to setup a proper poll but won't be home till this sunday.
    http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/foru...-Date-amp-Time

Not much in the way of votes so far, but from what I can see, everyone seems to wants this to run from 20:00 to 22:00 EST, which isn't really surprising.

Yeah 8pm EST is probably the earliest that us working stiffs on the west coast can do. I voted for Tuesday but most week nights work for me honestly. Maybe we should try to set something up for next week?

Network Hub
    Whoo found another connection! So I'm currently thinking Thursday around 7-8ish. I would like to avoid doubling up on tactical Tuesday.