Neverwinter Nights 2 vanished from Gamersgate?

Curious thing.

I'm replaying NWN2 at the moment and was checking Gamersgate for the Westgate addon. Which is when I found out that all the NWN2 versions have up and vanished from the shop front. Searching for Neverwinter the only result is for Alpha Protocol which mentions it in the description.

Though it does seem I can still download the copy I bought so it shouldn't concern anyone whose already bought it.

Anyone notice other games going missing on Gamersgate?
    Last edited by Bhazor; 25-06-2012 at 12:03 AM.

Network Hub
    It's still there, but from what I can tell they're splitting the site behind the scenes to deal with region nonsense now they're pushing this Void service.

I can still see it (UK here), but it's probably part of the reshuffle. http://www.gamersgate.co.uk/DD-NWN2/...inter-nights-2

Huh, still not appearing in the search bar or shop listings.

More interestingly I can't seem to get it on Steam. It's not appearing in a search through the client and though it appears on the web store clicking on it takes you to the dead nwn2.com website.

Network Hub
    Good point, just tried that. Probably tied up in some legal crap that I can't even be bothered to think about. Shame that these thing's happen to good games.

Lesser Hivemind Node Spider Jerusalem's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BobbyFizz View Post
    Shame that these thing's happen to good games.
    or, in this case, nwn 2.

:rimshot:

The rest of their games don't seem affected. Could it have something to do with Hasbro or the D&D license changing hands? Has there been any D&D games announced recently?

It is still available on Impulse/Gamestop though it sounds like it vanished briefly a couple weeks ago.
    http://forums.impulsedriven.com/415073

Its worth pointing out this as an anthology and they don't seem to sell it on it's own.

Update:
    It isn't listed but you can get to it by typing the address in or following a direct link. Where you'll find the page is essentially blank.

Most notably theres no price or buy now button.
    http://impulsedriven.com/nwn2
    Last edited by Bhazor; 01-06-2012 at 01:19 AM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Lukasz's Avatar
    There is no NWN2. There never was such a game. Please citizen, stop discussing in this anti-Party thread and please be prepared for Two Minutes Hate of Wizardry.

Still missing.
    Presumed misplaced.
    “People will kill you over time, and how they’ll kill you is with tiny, harmless phrases, like “be realistic”
    Dylan Moran

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Vexing Vision's Avatar
    Interestingly, so is Wizardry.

Mhmmm.
    My games-related Twitter: VexingVision

Currently playing: Hearthstone; Blood Bowl; Wizardry 8; Dominions 4
    Currently waiting for: Wildstar; Darkest Dungeon

I actually had no idea about the new Neverwinter game.
    Then I read the wiki article
    On October 5, 2011, Perfect World announced that Neverwinter has shifted from the co-operative multiplayer game that was announced the previous year into a free-to-play MMO.
    Oh. Well.

Good thing I didn't know anything about it or I might have been really disapointed.
    “People will kill you over time, and how they’ll kill you is with tiny, harmless phrases, like “be realistic”
    Dylan Moran

Secondary Hivemind Nexus vinraith's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bhazor View Post
    Good thing I didn't know anything about it or I might have been really disapointed.
    It looked pretty crappy from the outset, so I can't say I can even work up any disappointment.

Quote Originally Posted by Vexing Vision View Post
    Interestingly, so is Wizardry.

Mhmmm.

I'm imagining he's gone under deep cover with a resistance movement. Removing impure RPGs at random is his first step, in two weeks time we'll have a grainy video posted anonymously of Ray Muzyka tied to a chair, ball gag in mouth and a gun to his head. Suddenly a figure appears wearing a crude likeness of Lord British.
    Dylan Moran