Looking to trade a FireFall invite for a Dota 2 invite

So i just got around to playing league of legends and i am really enjoying it. I have never really played a moba before this and since i am enjoying LoL so much i decided to have a look at dota 2 which, previously, was not even a blip on my radar. And wow it looks awesome. So now i am looking to get my hands on a beta invite. I have been in the FireFall beta for forever (although i haven't really played too much so far) and i was just wondering if anyone on here happens to be in the dota 2 beta, with a free key and looking to play firefall. Reply if you are interested. And if your in the dota 2 beta, how are you finding it? Obviously if anyone is interested we would have to trade emails. I would be willing to send my key first and then trust that you keep your end.

Activated Node
    It's close to league of legends. Has a bit more mechanics and higher production values, I like DOTA2 art style more. Community is pretty much equally evil in both. :)

DOTA2 has more tradition holding it back or some could argue it has more history to draw from.

Obscure Node
    DotA 2 is fun to play, and all stuff connected with Esports are made fantastic in this game. You can watch whatever you want much better than in Hon or LoL. Unfortunately this game had some issues. In example there is a lot of heroes who has unclickable skills. It gives you like +15 agility, or 10% chance on crit. Nothing a normal item cannot give you. Some heroes (Sceleton King) has 1 (one) clickable skill, rest (crit, livesteal, reincarnation) are passives. Even his ult. This is the biggest issue of this game. Besides lots of skills in LoL are skill shots, when in DotA2 there is only few. You just click skill then targeted hero and it's all.

LoL has more advanced gameplay, there is AP, brushes, creeps with great buffs, summoner skills, rune pages etc, and yet DotA2 seems more challenging. Not only because of denies, but it looks more robust. Right now in LoL you see 1 top solo, 1 mid solo, 2 bottom and 1 jungler. Each and every game. There is more combinations in DotA2. Some mechanics that are not in LoL are also a game changers. Presence of scrolls of teleportation, chicken, grounds levels, eatable trees, denies. I won't tell you which is better, but if you want similar gameplay like in DotA 2 and don't have beta key, try HoN which is almost like DotA 2, but with some improvements.

Read more here (On hold) or on Twitter! Occasional impressions on random sim games.

Network Hub Peter Radiator Full Pig's Avatar
    Ill do this. I have a dota 2 invite and id love to get into the firefall beta. I play lol (you should play with the rps people, look in the groups forum!) and i prefer it to dota 2, but that could be because i would have to relearn so much info for dota 2.
    What i do prefer about dota 2 is the jungling, the lane compositions where the meta in lol is stale. What i prefer in Lol is it is less snowbally and i find last hitting (my least favourite mechanic) less of a chore.

EDIT: Message me on my forum account if you are interested, we will sort out how to do this.
    Last edited by Peter Radiator Full Pig; 02-06-2012 at 05:35 AM.

Hey peter i just pm'd you to let you know that i am up for it and some other stuff.

I have a couple DOTA 2 invites. I would love to try out Firefall or Planet Side 2 beta if any one has a key for those, but if not that's fine too. Just PM me your email address on this forum account. If I get more than 2 PMs I guess I'll give preference to people with higher post counts...that seems fair right?

Just posting to let you all know that peter radiator full pig and i did the trade.

Network Hub Peter Radiator Full Pig's Avatar
    Went through all right, i am now a happy member of the firefall beta. I get no invites as an invitee though, so i cant spread the love yet.

Obscure Node
    Hadn't really considered this option before. I'd be willing to trade a dota 2 invite in my Steam inventory for a Planetside 2, Firefall or MWO invite also. Would be most appreciated, as I've been excited about Firefall ever since hearing the Extra Credits crew explain the concept, and well, I liked the original Planetside, which was great in concept despite its failings in execution. As for MWO, Mechs needs to make a return.

I won't be playing dota 2 as much until Keeper of the Light comes out, heh.

1:1 Trade. If the key/invite provided turns out to be good, I'll also throw in a couple duplicates of vintage weapons I have in TF2, as appreciation for you being an honest person.
    Last edited by BeAuMaN; 05-06-2012 at 10:05 AM.

Obscure Node
    I have 2 beta keys for Firefall. If anyone want i can trade them for Dota 2 betakey.

Quote Originally Posted by jnx View Post
    or you can simply buy 2 treasure chest keys for 4eur and trade em for invite. thats current market value of dota invite in steam trades

Obscure Node
    Maybe i will but I prefer trade :)

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Smashbox's Avatar
    I wish I could transfer my DOTA beta key to a deserving person. I will never open that game again.

I'll give three Krogan testicles for a Planetside 2 beta key.

Obscure Node
    Already trade