Rockstar Games Social Club Crew

Hey guys! Back in the days when the new Social Club went live I made a crew for Max Payne 3 and the upcoming games already, but somehow forgot to announce it here. Now with Max Payne 3 actually being launched and some other RPS crews popping up, I'd like to redirect you to the "official unofficial" crew: http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/..._paper_shotgun

This one is not only for Max Payne 3, but also for the upcoming GTA V and all other future Rockstar Games titles, so be sure to apply and I'll invite you.

And if you're looking for a Max Payne 3 RPS crew, you might want to check out this one: http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/...s_payne_slowmo

It's also made by an RPS community member and has a fancy, Max Payne inspired name.

You can join one of those or both!
    Let's play those Rockstar games together.

The unofficial RPS Rising Storm group!

Activated Node
    Do we really need two crews for this? We should disband one and all form into one, your one probably, but err... Are you going to be playing/be active a lot?
    Last edited by Borklund; 03-06-2012 at 09:29 PM.

Yeah - http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/...s_payne_slowmo is the only real crew we need. there's one person in yours, seems silly to keep it around. I really like the new emblem btw Bork.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Innocent View Post
    You, sir, are awesome.
    I spew words about Videogames, SEO and general geekery at Jaketucker.com

As I said, I made this crew back in the days when the Social Club launched to have a place for RPS people to play the upcoming Rockstar Games titles. That's not only Max Payne 3, but also GTA V and all the following games that will be made and will have the Social Club implemented. Rockets Payne Slowmo is a Max Payne 3 specific group and I already linked it in my original post to draw attention to it aswell.

Besides, you can be in more than one crew, so why not both of those?

Not sure if I can be bothered putting up with the state of multiplayer in MP3 - there are good bits but its full of hackers and unbalanced unlocks. However, whilst I'm deciding, can anyone tell me the point of crews? I joined a random one last night and it doesnt seem to do anything - I get a tag by my name, but it still just sticks me in random games.

Activated Node
    I've spent nearly a dozen hours in multiplayer and have not come across a single cheater, and while there are some weapons that might need tweaking none of them come across as gamebreaking or absurd to me.

The point of a crew is largely social, but you also get more xp as you earn xp for the crew and complete crew challenges and feud with other crews.

Crew challenges and feuds? That's the kind of thing it talks about, but I've not seen any sign of either.

Feuds trigger when there are 2 or more people of the same crew playing against 2 or more people in another crew and the body count between them goes "too hight to ignore" (Not sure yet how many times you have to kill each other). If you win a feud, you get extra XP. You also get extra XP and money for assists to crewmembers you're playing with and I think you even get a general XP bonus for just playing with someone in your crew.
    And if someone in your crew is in a lobby with empty slots and you click on the matchmaking for the same game mode, it often puts you in said lobby with free slots.

So all in all you only benefit for playing with crewmembers. :P