• Learning

2 5.71%
  • Surprising your opponent

3 8.57%
  • Killing Elves, the poncy bastards

3 8.57%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Heliocentric View Post
    *checks*Pestigors are GSM? Crap, I missed that. I kinda assumed they'd be GAM what with them being the most mobile players, oh that's screwed up much of my intentions.

Necromantic are really above and beyond as the "real team+regen" God-damn, why does that have to be maxed out, I have choosing when to use my apothecary.

Totally, when I wrote the title I was intending to slur harder against elves, but then I kinda lost my way after getting distracted by the poll creation.
    I'd give Humans a good look. They start with a good variety of skills. You can play them in just about any style, just don't try and out bash bashier teams or out elf really elfy teams. The 4 blitzers and ogre give good bashy options. You don't get regen, but you get the apo and av8. You get agi access on the catchers (and a lot of MV) and they can make decent blitzers with dauntless & normal blitzer skills (wrestle/tackle/strip ball/etc).

You may also consider lizards. They very neatly partition the agi and the str between skinks and saurus, but they do both pretty well. You'll need to learn to protect skinks, but you get av9 and str4 on saurus.
    Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

Steam = potatoedoughnut

[RPS] Clone High

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by potatoedoughnut View Post
    You may also consider lizards
    Absolutely, they were my tier 1 choice alongside Necromantic and Orc for mixing brutality with finesse.
    All full.
    Only Dark Elves are left from my initial range for that mixture now I see Nurgle for what they are, and they are dirty stinking Elves.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Only Dark Elves are left from my initial range for that mixture now I see Nurgle for what they are, and they are dirty stinking Elves.
    They aren't though. Nurgle are nothing like Elves. O_O

Absolutely, they were my tier 1 choice alongside Necromantic and Orc for mixing brutality with finesse.
    All full.
    Wow hadn't looked at the race balance sheet in a long time. We have 6 races full and 7 races almost full (4/5 filled). It might be time to suggest raising the race cap.
    Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

Steam = potatoedoughnut

[RPS] Clone High

I always assumed that the race balance was somehow calculated with taking into consideration the total amount of people in the Leagues. As long as there is a good mix of races I am fine with the cap being raised. Yay for diversity!

Quote Originally Posted by squirrelfanatic View Post
    They aren't though. Nurgle are nothing like Elves. O_O
    I needed brackets...

Only Dark Elves are left from my initial range for that mixture (now I see Nurgle for what they are), and they are dirty stinking Elves.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus President Weasel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by potatoedoughnut View Post
    Wow hadn't looked at the race balance sheet in a long time. We have 6 races full and 7 races almost full (4/5 filled). It might be time to suggest raising the race cap.
    We're fine for now; there are at least 7 viable races available for new players, and that's after the recent and welcome influx of new faces.

Quote Originally Posted by President Weasel View Post
    We're fine for now; there are at least 7 viable races available for new players, and that's after the recent and welcome influx of new faces.
    Yeah, until Halflings fill up we are fine.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus pakoito's Avatar
    I am all about winning. That is why I quit the game, randomness and luck are not on my side, even when minimized.

Lesser Hivemind Node sketchseven's Avatar
    Just to vent this here for a moment because there's nowhere else - had an awesome game for my Human team in the Naggaroth Open (mauled a Lizardman team, scored 3, put the Kroxigor and two Saurus into the injury box) only to have the game Cynaide on the final turn.

Sick.