Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Endless Rabble: RPS Endless Space Multiplayer antics

So, the beta of Endless Space (http://endless-space.amplitude-studios.com/, on Steam http://store.steampowered.com/app/208140) is out and so is multiplayer. Who fancies getting some space 4X slappings? Reach out here for applications and sortings.

Be aware the game is REAL TIME and not PBEM, so we need to arrange a whole afternoon or at least 2/3 evenings for the game to play out in its entireness.

So, everybody who confirmed availability for a 1st July match is here:

Skydancer (CET)
    Greatman (EST)
    Tam-Lin (EST)
    Borklund (CET)
    Last edited by Skydancer; 30-06-2012 at 10:54 AM.

Lesser Hivemind Node westyfield's Avatar
    How does the multiplayer work? Do you all need to be connected at the same time, or is it play by email?

It's real time, so it's better to set a Sunday aside for it or at least a couple/three evenings for the game to complete. Looks like max player number for now is 4.

Bumpity bump. There were lots of people interested in MP, where are they now?

Obscure Node
    I would be interested In playing.

I would be interested for sure, but i am just now downloading it, so i might need a single player round or two before i am up to speed.

Obscure Node
    Its not very hard to pick up but you might want to start a 4-player single player game and just click on everything there are tons of pop up tutorials.

Network Hub
    I'm in. But it will be really tough to coordinate. Hope we can pull it off.
    Easy (nCore) likes Braaaains
    Find me on Steam

Give me some more time to get comfortable with the endgame, and I am in!
    - If the sound of Samuel Barber's "Adagio For Strings" makes you think of Kharak burning instead of the Vietnamese jungle, most of your youth happened during the 90s. -

Obscure Node
    Seems Like we are getting enough people, now we just need to setup a time everyone can sit down and conquest.

Yep. Everybody euro here?
    CWalker00> SKYDANCER YOU UTTER BOLLOCKS

I am.

And i thing i do manage to play the game, i just have no idea of strategies for the endgame and to win.
    But we will see ^^

Obscure Node
    US here but I am free pretty much whenever so it should not be a problem.

Edit: The endgame can get sort of crazy on the larger maps in my 8 player single player game I currently control 18 star systems with 2-4 planets each ;) bit of a micromanage headache.
    The victory conditions are all pretty straight forward tho I recommend we turn off economic victory, I found it sort of silly that reaching x amount of net revenue=auto win.
    Last edited by greatman; 20-06-2012 at 12:31 AM.

Lesser Hivemind Node westyfield's Avatar
    I'm UK but I'll have to sit the first few out - I'm going away this weekend until mid-July. I'd be up for a game once I get back though, so I'll keep an eye on this thread to see if one gets organised around then. :)

I guess we could set a Sunday aside (if I'm not roasting myself on the beach), starting from the 1st of July. What do you say?

Obscure Node
    July 1st would work for me.

So, any other comers for the game on July the 1st?

Obscure Node
    I'd be interested, but I'm in the US, EST, so it would depend on when.

We were talking about a 1st July meeting, we need to get everybody's timezones to arrange the match time. Write it down here, will edit the first post.

Obscure Node
    I am EST as well Sky dancer you can update that on the main post, as far as time I am pretty much always free as long as I know the day ahead of time.

Edit: there is also a bug with the current release and steam that people in different regions can't see the multiplayer match this is fixed by setting your steam cloud/downloads server temporarily to the hosts region.