Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Crusader Kings 2, EU 3 Chron, HoI 3, EU Rome, Sengoku, Vicky 2 AHD gathering?

I own a few of the the paradox grand strat games and was wondering if anybody would like to team up for a little bit of the ol' world domination?

Activated Node
    Yes to EU3, HoI3 and Vicky 2.

I'm up for a bit of CK2.

well we can try figuring something out I can do both games one of CK2 and one of another also Crusader Kings collection is on sale on steam for $9.99 USD/CAN and $12.99 USD/CAN

Activated Node
    Yes for CK2, EU3, HoI3 and Vicky 2

so we have 3 so far for CK2 and 3 for the rest I can play both since all I have to worry about is work what times are good for you guys Im in PDT but you can give times in your timezone as well just put your timezone abbreviation at the end of your availability

Network Hub
    Yes to CK2, EU3, Vicky 2, and HoI3(although it is my least favourite).
    UTC/GMT +12
    Last edited by kalelovil; 11-06-2012 at 03:46 AM.

I'd be up for some CK2 or EU3. I work night shift in the UK though, so that may or may not be a problem.
    I occasionally write things on this website. You can read these things by clicking this thing:
    www.teamsao.com

UK time zone - interest in Crusader Kings 2 here, just got it in the Steam sale and as rubbish as I am with strategy games, this one looks too interesting to pass up.

Yes to Ck2. Still don't know what im doing in it, but its fun anyway :D

well I guess CK 2 it is then maybe just write down your
    availability
    in GMT like 3pm and after GMT would be good for me or you can write it down in your local time and I can calculate it myself

Network Hub
    I'm interested in playing some Paradox multi, with a fellow N. American, no less! I'm up to speed w/ CK2, a bit rusty w/ EU3, somewhat cognizant of Vicky2, and completely oblivious to the rest (though I do have HoI3). I'm GMT -8, btw.

heh well our times will probably work the most cohesively then as I'm just north of you in Vancouver

Activated Node
    Us Europeans should probably set up a game of our own. I'd be up for CK2 on most nights, I'm EEST(UTC+3) but UK schedule would work just fine. I'd prefer CK2+ but vanilla is doable as well.

Quote Originally Posted by rhizo View Post
    I'd prefer CK2+ but vanilla is doable as well.
    I'm assuming this is a mod that makes the game alot better like vicky's a pop divided or EU3's death and taxes?

Edit: Also having two game might not be a bad Idea we can produce and share screenshots of how wonky the history of both our play throughs went

Activated Node
    Quote Originally Posted by The Doge View Post
    I'm assuming this is a mod that makes the game alot better like vicky's a pop divided or EU3's death and taxes?
    From mod makers' own description:
    "The purpose of CK2+ is to create a broader, deeper, more challenging and more balanced CK2 experience, without straying too far from the original game mechanics or tacking on deterministic railroading events and modifiers."

For me the mod seems to be about getting CK2 closer to its full potential. The plots, ambitions and traits are in many places a bit underused in vanilla and the mod tries to fix this (e.g. more plots, ambitions and making all the ruler traits count for something). The mod also tries to address some of the more gamey player tactics to make the game a tad more challenging (e.g. pagan & muslim balancing).

If it sounds too intimidating for someone, or if it's too much hassle I'm ok with vanilla as well. Though vanilla seems a bit empty going back.

The link (requires logging on to forums and registering your game):
    http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...ions-and-plots

hmmm interesting maybe I think we should do at least one vanilla game to get everyone into the grove of CK2 then we could try the mod

hey I was wondering if anyone was still interested in getting this group together I got message from X-Kot but haven't heard from anyone else

Network Hub
    It's an old thread but I didn't find any other so I'll ask here first.

I'd be interested in playing CK2 or HoI3, preferably the latter. If you guys have anything set up, let me know.

I have HOI3 sitting in my library and tried to fire it up a few times already. Always quit after ~30 minutes because I've no idea what's going on and the few announcements I get don't seem to be of any relevance to me. I've yet to see a good tutorial on the game. (The fact that the game can't be shut down properly doesn't help its case at all)

Would like to get into it, but it seems the game doesn't want me too. DF is easier than this.
    Last edited by mizzu; 12-11-2012 at 11:20 PM.