Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Lesser Hivemind Node
    It launches in two hours mate.
    No idea if there will be a demo, now that I think about it, that is really something they should do.. let people play one map so they can try out the game.

In before 'but the game doesn't have that many maps and you could play one map forever' : bf1942 had a demo with 2 maps and people did indeed play that demo for years. If the game is good almost all players will be craving for more.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus pakoito's Avatar
    'but the game doesn't have that many maps and you could play one map forever'
    Dota or CS demo :D

It even managed to crawl it's way to first place amidst the Halloween sale, astounding.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by pakoito View Post
    Dota or CS demo :D
    I miss when mp games had awesome demos.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by eRa View Post
    It even managed to crawl it's way to first place amidst the Halloween sale, astounding.
    Wow!
    Man I hope this game becomes HUGE.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    I have 2 copies I'l willing to let trade(sell?) for ~10 each of sale stuff. PM me if you are interested in a trade. I think it'd be the deluxe version if you opened it before release, but I cant promise that.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

One key gone, one key left.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Thanks for the trade helio ^^

Obscure Node
    Wow, it's actually optimized enough to run on my creaky old rig now. It looks great, plays great, has that old NS feel but with so much more polish! And there's tons of old NS1 players who've come out of the woodwork and brought their skills with them. S'awesome!

Tried commanding yesterday after the influx of new recruits. Would have been easier to herd cats :) Remember to press C and learn the map and the names of places as fast as you can guys. Half of the game is about holding certain positions.

Just played my first round of 1.0. Marines reslocked themselves by losing all resource towers and building command stations instead, the whole team had no clue what is happening. Fun times!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Sparkasaurusmex's Avatar
    Had a lot of fun playing this last night. There is a lot to learn here, but it's one of those games that is fun to learn. Hopefully it's fun after that too!

I have a question: Does anybody know how to get rid of the washed-out, foggy look?

Network Hub
    Played a game yesterday evening. Had some troubles running the game and loading the map at first, but got around it.

Oh man, how good it is to play NS again! It feels just as good as NS1, but with many improvements. I'm SO glad they improved the wall-walking of the skulk. You no longer constantly get stuck on every stupid bulkhead. And I think the biggest improvement in in the commander view. I can't imagine how they managed that with HL1 when so many others failed, but still it was horrid. Now in NS2 it is such a great improvement.

Can't wait to play a bit more :D

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Server browser comes up empty for me atm, is their browser serverdown?

I'm also detecting some input lag (raw mouse input alread enabled) when playing, not sure why.

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by Finicky View Post
    Server browser comes up empty for me atm, is their browser serverdown?

I'm also detecting some input lag (raw mouse input alread enabled) when playing, not sure why.
    It was down due to Steam, back up now.

Bah. The v1.0 launch has made the game totally unplayable for me; the game crashes on the loading screen every time.

Apparently it's a common problem.

I'm all sold up now, sorry for anyone who missed out.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Game of the forever, I haven't had such a good time since ut99 released.

All the pubbies ingame are loving it too, constant laughs about getting snuck up by an onos or losing half your flank.

That moment the lights go out as marine and you hear the pitter patter of alien steps on the ceilings or in the vents, or just getting supported well by your commander ... it is just pure magic.
    At the end of a match there is a genuine feeling of camaraderie

Game looks dropdead gorgeous as well, and seems to run pretty well on my 3 core phenom II/hd6870 (all max except bloom off and SSAO to medium). Feels like a buttery smooth 70+ fps much of the time, in firefights it probably drops to the 40s.
    Was fearing much worse since it's such a cpu dependant game apparently.
    Last edited by Finicky; 31-10-2012 at 09:20 PM.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Played a couple of games tonight and I am really pleased to see such a huge influx of people. I was getting a bit worried, as there didn't seem to be much discussion on here and the beta was a little bit empty at times (enough to fill four or five servers, but not much more.)

I never really played much of the original mod, but I have been in the beta for some time. I've learned a lot about the game, but I'm sure playing with all of the complete newbies, should help me out a lot more, as most of beta players seemed to be NS vets. Even just in the couple of games I've played, I discovered a couple of new alien abilities I had not seen before.

Still not dared to be commander yet though, but perhaps someday.

Network Hub
    We need to organise a group game. Bloody fantastic game but im the only one out of my friends to have bought it.