Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Update tomorrow along with a 50% off sale.

http://unknownworlds.com/ns2/gorgeous-trailer-released/

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Sketch's Avatar
    RPS group will be playing Sunday, (and tonight but the patch won't actually be out)

Join us!

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/foru...al-Selection-2
    steam: sketch

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Sparkasaurusmex's Avatar
    Get it. Definitely worth the full price. A steal at any discount.
    Looking forward to the GORGEous Update.

Free update includes gorge tunneling and a new map, plus more graphics and stuff.

I'm intrigued by the tunneling. I like playing Gorge already, but this could be awesome. I hope balance isn't thrown off by this update, but I'm sure any problems will be smoothed rather swiftly by Unknown Worlds.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Sparkasaurusmex's Avatar
    Try playing Aliens!
    I understand if your communication was poor the experience wasn't great, but this game has really a strong community and usually there is good communication, because it helps you win more than any other factor.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus pakoito's Avatar
    That message was intended for the RPS group but I'll answer anyway. For me and my friends marine were more or less as most shooters with a bit of overhead. Aliens were just...Alien to us. Almost 0 kills, no sinergy, and the split push strats from DOTA worked until midgame :(

I'll try the RPS group by myself and we'll see, because I like the premise but it felt really frustrating.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Also a nice post mortem from the CEO.

http://gamasutra.com/view/feature/18...wn_worlds_.php

Hello sirs and madams,

I wanted to direct your attention towards the upcoming FREE WEEKEND event for NATURAL SELECTION 2 on STEAM!
    Play one, no THE most amazing asymmetrical RTS/FPS hybrid the world has ever seen FOR FREE! You may also buy the game for the incredible discount of 50%!

If you are a team player and like to play shoulder to shoulder with other gentlemen, be sure to join the club at ROCK, PAPER, SKULK, both here on RPS and at the STEAM GROUP.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Bankrotas's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by KwisatzHaderach View Post
    Hello sirs and madams,

I wanted to direct your attention towards the upcoming FREE WEEKEND event for NATURAL SELECTION 2 on STEAM!
    Play one, no THE most amazing asymmetrical RTS/FPS hybrid the world has ever seen FOR FREE! You may also buy the game for the incredible discount of 50%!

If you are a team player and like to play shoulder to shoulder with other gentlemen, be sure to join the club at ROCK, PAPER, SKULK, both here on RPS and at the STEAM GROUP.
    I might give it a go and if I like it enough, I might buy it after the sale, or at easter sale. Depends, on how much it engages me as AvP2 did.
    Hear from the spirit-world this mystery:
    Creation is summed up, O man, in thee;
    Angel and demon, man and beast art thou,
    Yea, thou art all thou dost appear to be!

Hullo,

I just wanted to dig up this thread to tell anyone interested that NS2 is on sale right now (66%, around 8€) and that alot has changed over the last months. Performance has been improved significantly, lots of content has been added and big sections of gameplay have been totally reworked with the latest patch yesterday.

It is a very fresh and much smoother experience now, so, if you feel like coming back to the game or give it a first go, now is a good time. The RPS NS2 group is still up and running and can be found over here. We play sundays and sometimes thursdays as well at 7pm UTC.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Removed “no res while dead” rule

I hated this as alien since you tend to need to die more to make some gains. But I liked the rule since you were rewarded with good gameplay. Now everyone can fade at the same time, etc.

MACs and Drifters are no longer able to attack

Worst change! Killing with Drifters and the rare MAC kill was the best thing. Why would they take this out? Drifters defense was great against lone marines in the hive.

Whips no longer whack grenades

Always felt whips just needed a knockback cooldown.

Lots of changes overall. I will give it a try but reading it does not give me hope it will play out better than previous patches. They are making way to many dramatic changes at one time. Its like they are redesigning the game every patch. Stick to the Starcraft module. Small balance changes, rebalance/release maps. There are a lot of good changes but some are pretty huge and having so many for one patch changes the game to much.

I want my EMP back. =/

Network Hub
    Realistically, how dead is this game?

I figure you RPS guys can find games with each other quite often, but for a general pubber wanting to play after this weekend ends, is it down to just 4 or 5 populated servers?

I swung by the forums recently and saw members discussing this topic and it didn't sound too positive. The Steam numbers for the game look pretty bleak too.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Bankrotas's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Misnomer View Post

I figure you RPS guys can find games with each other quite often, but for a general pubber wanting to play after this weekend ends, is it down to just 4 or 5 populated servers?

I swung by the forums recently and saw members discussing this topic and it didn't sound too positive. The Steam numbers for the game look pretty bleak too.
    As far as I've seen, there are plenty of full servers, not as many as you might like maybe, but honestly enough to find a game. But you should join RPS mob, they are fun to play with even if most of them are stinky vanu...
    Hear from the spirit-world this mystery:
    Creation is summed up, O man, in thee;
    Angel and demon, man and beast art thou,
    Yea, thou art all thou dost appear to be!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Sketch's Avatar
    I just booted the game and counted 20 full servers along with many more ones with a decent amount of players. I know it's a sale, but the game being dead is really not an issue. Certainly many more than 4-5 servers.
    steam: sketch

Quote Originally Posted by Misnomer View Post
    I've never had a problem finding a server even on nights when I wasn't playing with the RPS group. Now that the game is on sale, the number of populated servers will undoubtedly increase too.

Long-term this game isn't going anywhere; the community is very active and has been in existence for over 10 years already. NS1 managed to keep going long past it's release date, and I expect the same of NS2.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by airtekh View Post
    I've never had a problem finding a server even on nights when I wasn't playing with the RPS group. Now that the game is on sale, the number of populated servers will undoubtedly increase too.

Long-term this game isn't going anywhere; the community is very active and has been in existence for over 10 years already. NS1 managed to keep going long past it's release date, and I expect the same of NS2.
    Yeah, it's very much comfortably alive. However, I know some people have problems with the server browser finding them much, much less games than there actually are. This is definitely a problem, though it seems infrequent - but it's definitely a different problem than the game being dead. I can very easily load up the game and find a server to play on pretty much whenever. It's not heaving, but it's more than active enough.