Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Network Hub
    Anyone from down under up for four pack at $75?

Apparently beta access is now closed. It's restricted to those who pre-ordered before it arrived on Steam.

Also, pre-pre orderers will get a free copy of the game to give away and an upgrade to the Deluxe edition. From NS2 blog.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus pakoito's Avatar
    I glad they listened to my input at gamescom that the price was "TOO DAMN HIGH". I had a good long talk with the QA Lead :D

Just in case someone missed it, NS2 will be released on October 31st 2012!

but my most important question to be answered is: is it similar to Gloom?
    - Tom De Roeck.

verse publications

"Quantacat's name is still recognised even if he watches on with detached eyes like Peter Molyneux over a cube in 3D space, staring at it with tears in his eyes, softly whispering... Someday they'll get it."

"It's frankly embarrassing. The mods on here are woeful."

"I wrinkled my nose at QC being a mod."

"At least he has some personality."

Secondary Hivemind Nexus bonkers's Avatar
    Yes. Now go and buy it :p

PS: Pretty cool endgame gameplay:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5D2Fr0h2XtQ

I don't think I've ever seen a team-based multiplayer FPS that looked more appealing. Looks like a ton of fun, and not a hat or palyer-based unlock in sight!

I haven't seen a huge amount of it so far, but it looks great. I like fast paced shooters, I like team based and strategy based shooters, I love asymmetrical multiplayer. It'll probably be a launch day buy for me.

This looks like one of those games it might be just as fun to observe as to actually play.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus bonkers's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Outright Villainy View Post
    I haven't seen a huge amount of it so far, but it looks great.
    When you have time check out the user/channel of the above video. He made great videos about the NS2 development. They employed him a few months ago and now he is their media spokesperson.
    So making YouTube videos can actually give you a real job ;)

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    I'm sitting on 2 copies of this for gifting... I guess I'm going to trade them for something on steam deal ^_^
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Secondary Hivemind Nexus pakoito's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Heliocentric View Post
    I'm sitting on 2 copies of this for gifting... I guess I'm going to trade them for something on steam deal ^_^
    See if you want something:
    http://www.reddit.com/r/SteamGameSwa...gs_2_sword_of/

Lesser Hivemind Node
    This is out in 2 days!
    For a pc forum you'd expect a LOT more interest in this game...

http://www.twitch.tv/naturalselection2/b/336410686
    It's a lot of fun to watch and if it's even half as fun to play as the first game then it's probably going to be one of the best games of the decade.

Only 22 euros on steam too, and it's one of those types of games that you can play for years and years (especially if you have friends to play with)

I haven't looked forward to a game this much since hl2.

It's also fun to see that the pc competitive scene is years ahead of the console boxes.
    The tools alone for this game (admin support, tournament mode with full dev console support, a spectating mode that puts even dota2 to shame, stat tracking page that is actually usefull through showing proper graphs and proper match progression instead of just shitty k/d ratios and what have you in bf3 and cod , dedicated servers, server build for the community, mod support)
    It is finally a step forward of what we had in the 90s with quake and UT.

I really enjoyed my time in beta. Haven't played for a while but intend to play a lot once it's officially out. It has a nice old-school feel to it and I'm a huge fan of asymmetric gameplay. Feels fresh in this age of modern military manshoots.
    Twitter! Occasional impressions on random sim games.

Yeah, I'm pumped for NS2. I hadn't played much of the beta until this weekend.

Performance feels a little sluggish to me though, perhaps they will focus on tuning up the engine after release as opposed to adding new features.

That said, I had some good games over the weekend. I love how the lerk is so much easier to control in this game than NS1 (perching on walls/ceilings makes a huge difference); it makes me much less hesitant to evolve into him and provide support for advancing skulks.

Fade seems a bit easier as well; it was so fucking annoying in NS1 to blink and get stuck on a stupid piece of railing, causing you to get shot to pieces and waste 50 res. Now when you blink, it seems to ignore all of the level furniture, allowing for smoother travel.

Marines feel mostly the same. The flamethrower is a nice addition; feels like I'm in Aliens.

The only thing I don't like about the 'rines currently is the jetpack; it feels very jittery and hard to control. The exos are bloody awesome though; I didn't have enough res to buy one during my games, but I bought a welder and followed a suited teammate around. I fixed his armour while he shot everything to pieces with his minigun. :D

I also had a massive dose of nostalgia when the server booted up ns_veil; I do hope they port more of the original maps over to NS2.

Network Hub
    Definitely have to pick this up, love me some competitive multiplayer.

I watched some of the tournament stuff over the weekend, the stream was pretty hilarious. The devs are a bunch of awesome chaps. Crucially, performance is reaching acceptable levels, just in time for the release (it's been 10 (ten) years). Still can't believe this will be released.

One of the many unique aspects of this game is the amount of fan-made music that has come out of the original mod. I just found 'Gorges Just Wanna Have Fun' again on the Tubes: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PYRsjz74kFI

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by eRa View Post
    I watched some of the tournament stuff over the weekend, the stream was pretty hilarious. The devs are a bunch of awesome chaps. Crucially, performance is reaching acceptable levels, just in time for the release (it's been 10 (ten) years). Still can't believe this will be released.

One of the many unique aspects of this game is the amount of fan-made music that has come out of the original mod. I just found 'Gorges Just Wanna Have Fun' again on the Tubes: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PYRsjz74kFI
    Lol that song is so lame it's funny

Lesser Hivemind Node
    bump with a question:
    Is anyone in the beta on an amd card (6800 series) or have a phenom II cpu?
    More obscurely and unlikely but is anyone on a 75 or 120 hz monitor?

Most wanted 2012 spooked me on performance issues, I'm about to buy this but I heard it had some performance issues in beta (but no elaborating on that).

I can deal with having to play on lower settings as long as it isn't completely broken with low fps regardless of settings like SR3/homefront/gw2 on amd cpus/gpus. Can anyone comment?

I'm asking about the fps thing because I read the latest patchnotes and saw a mention of fps cap being raised during loading screens and menus (no mention in of ingame) to 70.
    Just want to make sure that the game supports custom refresh rates, else no matter how good or bad the game is it will be useless to me.

Also: if anyone here ever complains about lack of mod support, or competitive scene or skillbased gameplay in games or pc exclusives like me, then you should probably support this game...
    Else you are a pretty big hypocrite and need to hand in your pc gamer card.
    Last edited by Finicky; 30-10-2012 at 07:49 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus DaftPunk's Avatar
    Would like to try out the game,is there open beta,or any kind of demo ???