Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Nalano's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Althea View Post
    Because I don't want TF2 in my SR3. If I wanted to play TF2, I would go and play TF2.
    Dude, there's TF2 cross-promotions in dozens of games. Like the town bicycle, TF2 gets around.
    Nalano H. Wildmoon
    Director of the Friends of Nalano PAC
    Attorney at Lawl
    "His lack of education is more than compensated for by his keenly developed moral bankruptcy." - Woody Allen

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Althea's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nalano View Post
    Dude, there's TF2 cross-promotions in dozens of games. Like the town bicycle, TF2 gets around.
    And I don't think it's necessarily a good thing.

And I don't think it's necessarily a good thing.
    But bad marketing? That's just IP promiscuity. Team Fortress is a randy little minx, and Saints Row's milkshake brings all the boys to the yard.
    Last edited by Nalano; 21-06-2012 at 08:26 PM.
    Nalano H. Wildmoon
    Attorney at Lawl
    "His lack of education is more than compensated for by his keenly developed moral bankruptcy." - Woody Allen

SR3 was a bit too childish at times, I think, and the game did suffer for it. It's largely the reason it took me almost nine months to buy it (and I was prepared to not buy it!). SR2 was a more serious game, yet it was just as funny (if not funnier).
    This. Saints Row 2 was a GTA clone - in fact it was at it's best when it was most like a direct sequel to some of GTA's finest moments. The real shame here is that GTA4 was nothing like a GTA game and Saints Row had to fill the void. This is okay, and the seriousness worked for me - there's room for both types.

Saints row 3 however was truly... well - Zombie Apocalypse. really?
    Quote Originally Posted by The Innocent View Post
    You, sir, are awesome.
    I spew words about Videogames, SEO and general geekery at Jaketucker.com

Quote Originally Posted by DWZippy View Post
    Saints row 3 however was truly... well - Zombie Apocalypse. really?
    I think the word you're looking for is awesome
    Nalano H. Wildmoon
    Attorney at Lawl

There's awesome and there's too far. SR3 went too far at times, for me, and the dominatrix expansion sounded like yet another step in the wrong direction which is why I'm not that psyched about turning this into a full "sequel" until I see actual gameplay footage proving otherwise (and before anyone makes up stuff I didn't say - I don't want it to be like GTA4, but SR2 had a far better srsbsns/drama to over-the-top nonsense ratio).
    Stealth Mode!

Quote Originally Posted by orcane View Post
    There's awesome and there's too far.
    There is no such thing and you shut your mouth

FFS, GTA2 had you roasting hare krishnas alive and picking up people to mulch into hot dogs!
    Nalano H. Wildmoon
    Attorney at Lawl

I think the word you're looking for is awesome
    Yeah, it was awesome - I really enjoyed it. But, I'd really enjoy a Saints Row 4 that dialed it back towards Vice City levels, I just find the absurdity better with a straight face.
    You, sir, are awesome.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus ColOfNature's Avatar
    Saints Row 3 was at it's best in it's silliest moments. Zombie Apocalypse. Burt Reynolds. Zimos' rescue. More, I say!

Obscure Node
    I'm still not sure if the superpowers in the expansion made the game go too far or not...

I think the thing that bugged me the most was actually a lack of consistency. I absolutely loved the insanity, but the game just wasn't very consistent. I was more offended by the bits where they apparently decided just to skip out on story chunks (or that "canon" ending that makes it impossible to access some characters after the main story ends) than anything.

Honestly, if they make a more consistent story that doesn't leave anything out, and if they make the town more easily navigable (like Saint's Row 2--I played the game once and could still get to pretty much anywhere from memory), they'll have made the perfect Saint's Row.

I wouldn't mind a more mature game (but really, using Red Dead as an example? that was like... a high school student's attempt at Peckinpah), but I wouldn't want it to be Saint's Row.

Fair point. I think I preferred Saints Row 2 - but that's just because I played many more hours, and I preferred the system of unlocking new abilities by doing well in events, ect.

It was awesome to unlock nil fall damage and jump off the ultor tower - hitting the ground from 500 feet and bouncing gets me all teary eyed for SR2.
    You, sir, are awesome.

There is no such thing and you shut your mouth

FFS, GTA2 had you roasting hare krishnas alive and picking up people to mulch into hot dogs!
    "Please don't kill me! I'm 99% saturated fat!

Network Hub
    I never played Saints Row 2 and I saw Saints Row (1) at some Game Expo and that looked embarassing. But I got Saints Row 3 exactly because of the way it was. It's one of the few titles that I knew I will want and would be good so I even Pre-Ordered it and I don't do that with a great many games...

If anything they should make the next game more like Saints Row 3 and go overboard even further with whatever they can come up. And I also got a friend to buy it since I wanted to play it Co-Op.